PDA

View Full Version : Leftist Hotair Neocon Admits He Prefers Statist Obama to Constitutionalist Paul

Epic
04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/04/14/obligatory-polls-obama-leads-bush-by-two-ron-paul-by-one/

That’s useful but no fun; the fun poll, of course, would be an HA reader survey to see where you guys stand on the thorny hypothetical of an Obama/Paul race. I used to tilt, very reluctantly, towards The One on that, since normally I’ll give precedence to foreign policy over domestic policy. But the more poisonous Obama’s economics become and the more confounding his treatment of American allies, the harder it is to justify that.

Alright, so he used to, and he's torn now.

But how does he spin the Rasmussen poll?

He leads each of the top GOP contenders by margins that are reasonably healthy, especially in light of the fact that his approval’s headed down the toilet over ObamaCare. That’s because Romney, Huck, and Palin all bring their own baggage to the hypothetical whereas Bush and Paul are more symbolic — Paul because his agenda is probably unknown to most voters (i.e. he’s baggage-less) and Bush because, of course, he embodies the pre-Obamanomics era.

Alright, so Paul does well because nobody knows him (??) and has no baggage (??) meanwhile Romney and Huck do worse because they have baggage, or something. But then, how does he explain Prez Bush? Well, he says, former presidents don't count because they came before Obama.

None of this makes any sense.

But wait - this Hotair post isn't over - there is time for a we/government fallacy and a free trade misunderstanding.

A possibly clarifying exit question for Paul supporters: Would/should the United States actually sell nuclear technology to Iran? Sounds crazy, I know, but Paul himself has always insisted that he’s not an isolationist, merely a non-interventionist. Trade is therefore on the table, and since Iran has a demand for reactors and we have a supply, hey.

Somehow in the world of NEOCON-land, a government selling nukes to another government is 'free trade'. Ridiculous. Free trade, properly understood, is when a government does not restrict private individuals from different countries from trading goods and services. Governments taking on nuke selling is not laissez-faire.

These HotAir leftist neocons are literally the dumbest people on Earth.

Well, until I go to dailykos.

specsaregood
04-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Somehow in the world of NEOCON-land, a government selling nukes to another government is 'free trade'. Ridiculous. Free trade, properly understood, is when a government does not restrict private individuals from different countries from trading goods and services. Governments taking on nuke selling is not laissez-faire.

Well he specifically refers to "reactors" which makes it worse. Because according to the terms of the NPT treaty to which both the US and Iran are signatories (Israel is not), Iran is explicitly allowed to have nuclear technology for energy purposes. Which is exactly what they have always stated they are after. They have abided by the terms of the NPT to the letter, it is the US that is violating the intent and terms of said treaty.

Cowlesy
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
allahpundit....pfft

All these muslim-hating neoconservatives are giving regular conservatives a bad name. No wonder why the Right is hated by so many people.

Luddites.

Anti Federalist
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
allahpundit....pfft

All these muslim-hating neoconservatives are giving regular conservatives a bad name. No wonder why the Right is hated by so many people.

Luddites.

Easy now, I consider myself to be a Luddite, in the manner of the CINCNORAD portrayed here

"Your new defense system sucks"

YouTube - WarGames - it's not on the list! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeA402b0Kws&feature=related)

Legend1104
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
i know this is not in the right place, but I tried posting this in the questions/new to site page and no one answered. Is it possible to start a thread and insert an audio clip (mp3) from my computer into it so others can hear it? If so how?

Danke
04-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Easy now, I consider myself to be a Luddite, in the manner of the CINCNORAD portrayed here

"Your new defense system sucks"

YouTube - WarGames - it's not on the list! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeA402b0Kws&feature=related)

So in the end, does David L. Lightman (Matthew Broderick) get laid? His gf should have been impressed after he saved the world.

Agorism
04-14-2010, 08:04 PM
heh,

I went over to redstate to see if there was any Paul related news today.

They had a blog claiming that Ron Paul may have secretly paid for the Rasmussen poll , and in the comments section they quickly threatened to ban all "Paultards." heh

I just walked fox news with a Ron Paul interview. Ron was completely caught off guard by the poll.

GunnyFreedom
04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
i know this is not in the right place, but I tried posting this in the questions/new to site page and no one answered. Is it possible to start a thread and insert an audio clip (mp3) from my computer into it so others can hear it? If so how?

As far as i know the only way to do that is to embed it into a video, post it on YouTube, and then embed the YouTube here.

Anti Federalist
04-14-2010, 08:12 PM
So in the end, does David L. Lightman (Matthew Broderick) get laid? His gf should have been impressed after he saved the world.

I think so. :D

He almost did on the beach just before Stephen Falken showed up in his helicopter.