PDA

View Full Version : Beck viewer numbers one month later

lynnf
04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
4/13 Glenn Beck - 2,170,000 viewers (552,000) (1,064,000)

3/15 Glenn Beck – 2,456,000 viewers (584,000) (1,232,000)
3/12 Glenn Beck – 2,550,000 viewers (740,000) (1,364,000)
3/10 Glenn Beck – 3,024,000 viewers (780,000) (1,510,000)

http://tvbythenumbers.com/?s=beck&=Search

purplechoe
04-14-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.geekstir.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/futurama3.jpg

jake
04-14-2010, 07:07 PM
he is getting old (as in, same old same old, even for people that like what hes spewing forth)

BlackTerrel
04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Very interesting... thanks for posting!

DAFTEK
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
FUCK GLENN THE TEA-O-CON BECK!!!
And the rest of that war hungry Faux News..

MRoCkEd
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
If you have watched any of his recent shows, you would be disappointed that his numbers are going down. He has been preaching straight-up Austrian economics, even featuring Tom Woods on Monday's show. Today he talked about abolishing departments.

lynnf
04-14-2010, 07:26 PM
If you have watched any of his recent shows, you would be disappointed that his numbers are going down. He has been preaching straight-up Austrian economics, even featuring Tom Woods on Monday's show. Today he talked about abolishing departments.

no, I'm not disappointed. he can't make up for what he did by pandering to us now. remember Josh's evaluation of his disinformation: honey, honey, poison.

yes, you're getting some honey, but you're still being poisoned! not worth it, stay away!

lynn

SociallyRenderedImage
04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Glenn Beck doesn't really preach anything.

His purpose, or better yet his existence, is to take possession of common revolt and turn it into votes for neocons. When he mentions things on his show, they have to be seen in this context. In other words, his use of Austrian Economics is to ensure that he is the origin of this idea. When other people are introduced to these concepts they are inevitably linked to the loudest proponent. He has become a polarizing NeoRepublican face to revolution, if he adopts any concept, or regurgitates any idea, it is simply to diffuse it.

You have to see his recent mentioning of Austrian economics in the greater context. Who recently won straw polls and statistically was demonstrated to be in an even run with Obama? And what are the politics of this guy and what is it he is known for? That is all you need to know to decipher the content of Glenn Beck. Again, his purpose is to prevent adoption of ideas and to water down ideas already in existence. I seriously doubt if he would understand 99% of what Von Mises has written, his on air tirades come from Republican strategists.

He has proposed some very Kantian ideas that he calls "compromises" and they are far from Austrian economics. At best you could call Beck a Global Corpratist, at worst an empty vessel. One need only look to his financial supporters, Dick Armey and The US Chamber of Commerce (the same organization that filed lawsuits against Americans in concert with the ACLU).

Consider ideas of association. The most hurtful information is constantly released thru less than reputable sources like Alex Jones or 9-11 truth nuts. Beck provides a similar locus of control.

The sooner Americans see Beck in the broader context, as a diffuser and re-contextualizer of revolt, the better. It is best to wise up to the fact that Republicans have adopted the Communist idea and strategy of taking possession of an argument thru symbology and acknowledgment.

Every second he is on TV he mocks real people, in real struggles against out of control Oligarchical ideas.

Southron
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
I think much of his numbers loss is due to health care passing.

tangent4ronpaul
04-14-2010, 07:37 PM

I've caught a little of that, but don't watch him much any more.

He did have a really great show on a little while ago, about what it's like to be a conservative college student in a liberal university and if you were discriminated against, grade wise, because of it.

-t

Athan
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM

Really? Because its hard to listen to the traitor's "lectures" with the knife he just stuck on our back here in Texas.

Ricky201
04-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Glenn Beck dismantled the campaign of an honest, yet naive woman (unfortunately) who would've stalled plans for the NAFTA superhighway. Fuck him. He's lower than dirt to me.

rprprs
04-14-2010, 07:58 PM

He's gonna have to do WAY more than that to ever get me to watch again. After what he did to Medina, I wrote him and vowed never to watch again. I've kept that promise and intend to continue to do so. Let me know when he has Ron Paul on and gets down and kisses his feet. Maybe then I'll reconsider... MAYBE.

MRoCkEd
04-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Do what you want. I'm not trying to justify what he did to Medina. Just saying I'm glad he's on TV saying the things he's saying.

MsDoodahs
04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Glenn Beck dismantled the campaign of an honest, yet naive woman (unfortunately) who would've stalled plans for the NAFTA superhighway. Fuck him. He's lower than dirt to me.

Exactly.

james1906
04-14-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm sure his lover Rick Perry still listens to him.

TastyWheat
04-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Do what you want. I'm not trying to justify what he did to Medina. Just saying I'm glad he's on TV saying the things he's saying.
I'm glad he's bringing up these important subject and hopefully changing hearts and minds, but I also hope he takes a long vacation and Judge Napolitano takes over so at least we can hear these things from someone who isn't a backstabbing Judas. $10 says he'll support the next Republican nominee for President even if it's the same old neocon trash.

squarepusher
04-14-2010, 11:40 PM

sorry too late.

Thats like having a murderer advertise for your birthday party.

Bman
04-14-2010, 11:41 PM
The problem with Beck is that he never supports a liberty candidate. Tell me one liberty candidate that he has supported prior to their election? I can't think of one.

I think he uses the message so people fall hook line and sinker for rhetoric over action.

Badger Paul
04-14-2010, 11:49 PM
If he doesn't take what he says seriously, I don't see why I should. So I don't watch.

silus
04-14-2010, 11:52 PM
If Glenn Beck was genuine, and his show topics really represented what he believed, he would be hanging off Ron Paul's nuts every single day. But the fact is when push came to shove he was leaning towards Romney. Obviously the logical conclusion is that there is some inconsistency with what the man represents and what is motivating him.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Really? Because its hard to listen to the traitor's "lectures" with the knife he just stuck on our back here in Texas.

You know, a lot of blame falls on Medina, not Beck. Medina is the one who screwed up a softball question.

Saying it was a "got-cha" question that she was "unprepared for" is like saying the same thing if Beck asked Medina what 2+2 is and she replied "five."

chadhb
04-15-2010, 12:10 AM
The problem here is it is 2010 on Ron Paul forums and people still don't have any concept of what a Neo-Con is. Why does this even need to be explained? fing hopeless.

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-15-2010, 12:15 AM
You know, a lot of blame falls on Medina, not Beck. Medina is the one who screwed up a softball question.

Saying it was a "got-cha" question that she was "unprepared for" is like saying the same thing if Beck asked Medina what 2+2 is and she replied "five."

Beck was the asshat that went on a rant claiming government is not evil. Government is guilty as hell of being immoral. It's not the first knife Beck has lodged in the back of the Ron Paul grassroots.

Ricky201
04-15-2010, 12:18 AM

That's a sac of shit. Did you listen to the ENTIRE interview? Beck acted like the interview was torture and kept on asking questions relating to 9-11 truth. She eventually had to elaborate on her position, because he kept on asking about it and made her sound like she actually had to thought police everyone that supported her.

And, of course, guess who magically calls up 60 minutes later...Rick Perry. Was Rick Perry ever questioned about his efforts to build the NAFTA superhighway (which is NOT a conspiracy)? Hell no. Did Beck sound absolutely bored out of his mind talking to him? Hell no.

Debra Medina is not a professional politician, and it shouldn't be her fault for wanting to change a direction of an entire state and not being polished. She fuckin' stepped up to the plate to take charge because her constituents requested her to and yet some of you still spit on her efforts and defend Beck. Un-fucking-real.

dr. hfn
04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
poor Beck

justinc.1089
04-15-2010, 02:12 AM
As much as I dislike Beck, Medina's failure was Medina's fault. You can't endorse 9/11 truth and expect to get anywhere politically. You WILL NOT get elected. This is why I never supported her to begin with, because she gave me the impression she was just some random not nearly intelligent enough person that saw all the commotion of the Ron Paul campaign and thought "I can do that! I'm running for governor! Yay!"

And she proved my opinion right because she didn't have the brains to keep her mouth shut about her opinions about 9/11 truth. How can you possibly expect to get anywhere and endorse 9/11 truth?!

Then she FINALLY realizes that, and retracts her position, and her supporters freak out saying stupid junk like "Medina's a sellout! She's no good! She's corrupt! I'm not EVER supporting her again!" The truth is those people are just like her and have this stupid idea in their heads that you can say 9/11 was an inside job, or even just question the official story, and actually GET ELECTED. So once she figured out you can't after like what half a campaign, her main supporters freaked out because they couldn't figure that out.

And then they blame Beck?

Beck had to have something to attack Medina with, she had gave him plenty of ammo, and Beck attacked her. MEDINA made MEDINA an easy target for Beck by being so naive and slow! Thats the reality.

Seriously if Medina wasn't dense, I would like to use stronger words there, she might have had a chance if she had never opened her mouth about 9/11, and ran for something easier than governor like a state office, or at least congress, but no, Medina goes straight for governor because she probably saw herself running for president after that.

itshappening
04-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Beck should never have brought up 9/11, he will have asked no one else that. he is already dismissing Ron Paul. Beck is our enemy it's as simple as that

he only says the things he says to be controversial so he can get 50 million a year, he is not genuine, he is a fraud and people are waking up to it

Taco John
04-15-2010, 02:21 AM

That's fine and good, but when the time comes to count on Glenn Beck, he will shove the dagger as deep as he can in our back. How many times do we have to go through this before we'll learn that we can't trust him?

justinc.1089
04-15-2010, 02:30 AM
Exactly Taco John.

Once Paul is running for president again, we will all once again be declared domestic terrorists who need to be waterboarded until we tell the location of Bin Laden, admit we hate America because we're free here, and thrown in fema camps and/or guantanamo bay.

And Mitt Romney shall again be the mormon savior who all Christians can trust. (the mormon savior that IS pro-life:rolleyes:)

hamilton1049
04-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Glen Beck Sucks!!! and yes he did knife Medina in the back!

TER
04-15-2010, 03:09 AM
I enjoy Glenn Beck more than any other pundit on mainstream news, but if he starts to delude himself in thinking that he is the leader of the Tea Party/Liberty movement, than he will find reality is going to start being more and more difficult to accept, beginning with lowering viewership.

If he wants to be a part of this revolution and be remembered for generations, he better rid himself of the exaggerations and hypocrisy, and start promoting those candidates who personify the message he espouses on national tv.

TER
04-15-2010, 03:29 AM
If Beck wants to be a part of this revolution, he should be endorsing Rand Paul right now. Anything less makes him suspect- BIG TIME.

nobody's_hero
04-15-2010, 03:36 AM
As much as I dislike Beck, Medina's failure was Medina's fault. You can't endorse 9/11 truth and expect to get anywhere politically. You WILL NOT get elected. This is why I never supported her to begin with, because she gave me the impression she was just some random not nearly intelligent enough person that saw all the commotion of the Ron Paul campaign and thought "I can do that! I'm running for governor! Yay!"

And she proved my opinion right because she didn't have the brains to keep her mouth shut about her opinions about 9/11 truth. How can you possibly expect to get anywhere and endorse 9/11 truth?!

She never endorsed it.

Glenn Beck said she endorsed it and you guys are helping him by believing that shit. I thought we had the ability to see through the MSM's magic tricks by now.

If Glenn Beck said that Ron Paul was one of the hijackers on 9/11, and survived the attacks because he made a deal with the devil, I guess we'd all believe that too?

There are some serious double-standards here—that we are able to differentiate between fact and fiction, half-truths and spin, when it comes to someone talking about Ron Paul, but if someone else [in the liberty movement] is trying to get to where Ron Paul is (where they can do some good) and stumbles along the way, we all grab knives and stab the person in the back for 'being an idiot' or 'blowing it for everyone.'

[Imagine] If Ron Paul weren't in office right now, and were trying to get there, and made a (meaning "one", "1") mistake on Glenn Beck's program by commenting on an obvious distraction issue, about half of us in this movement would have destroyed one of the greatest representatives for sound-money, limited-government, peace, and individual liberties that America has ever seen, before he'd ever gotten off the starting line.

pacelli
04-15-2010, 05:19 AM
When you mix 90% truth with 10% lies, the public is 100% deceived.

Truth + Truth = Truth

Truth + Error = Error.

It is quite simple. Beck is an error. His infamous blackboard and vicks vaporub-sponsored tears are not convincing.

MRoCkEd
04-15-2010, 05:59 AM
When you mix 90% truth with 10% lies, the public is 100% deceived.

Truth + Truth = Truth

Truth + Error = Error.

It is quite simple. Beck is an error. His infamous blackboard and vicks vaporub-sponsored tears are not convincing.
Truth isn't an all or nothing game.

pacelli
04-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Truth isn't an all or nothing game.

Do you lie to yourself?

fisharmor
04-15-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm still waiting for Beck to deny the allegation that he raped and murdered a young girl in 1990.

Captain Shays
04-15-2010, 07:22 AM

Then she FINALLY realizes that, and retracts her position, and her supporters freak out saying stupid junk like "Medina's a sellout! She's no good! She's corrupt! I'm not EVER supporting her again!" The truth is those people are just like her and have this stupid idea in their heads that you can say 9/11 was an inside job, or even just question the official story, and actually GET ELECTED. So once she figured out you can't after like what half a campaign, her main supporters freaked out because they couldn't figure that out.

And then they blame Beck?

Beck had to have something to attack Medina with, she had gave him plenty of ammo, and Beck attacked her. MEDINA made MEDINA an easy target for Beck by being so naive and slow! Thats the reality.

Seriously if Medina wasn't dense, I would like to use stronger words there, she might have had a chance if she had never opened her mouth about 9/11, and ran for something easier than governor like a state office, or at least congress, but no, Medina goes straight for governor because she probably saw herself running for president after that.

I don't think it's a black and white as " are you a 911 truther". Her position from listening to the entire interview was pretty much the same as Ron Paul's. There are many questions still not answered to the satisfaction of patriotic Americans and the investigation results left many holes in the government's official story and another investigation should be supported. Also, that it's at the very root of Americanism to to question what those in government tell us. Our ENTIRE country was founded on distrust of government and our Constitution was written because of that. From front to back it limits government simple because government cannot be trusted with too much power.

That all said, maybe there are a few of us who think there is some government complicity in the events of 911 but most if not the very vast majority of us just don't buy into the official results of the investigation of the 911 Commission. Again, that doesn't mean we think the government flew planes into buildings and murdered 3,000 people or even that they stood by and allowed it to happen. If anything it means they are incompetent and did use the events of 911 as a pretext to expand government and take away many of our liberties.

What Beck did to Medina was contextualize her into something that she wasn't in order to prop up a globalist who is really antithetical to the liberty movement and American sovereignty.
He loves to quote Jefferson's "question even the existence of God" but barbecues Medina for questioning the government's official story about 911? Huh? This WHOLE COUNTRY was founded on questioning government and not trusting them Beck you liar! You scumbag!

Also, Beck is pretty much a scumbag whenever he says "I don't know of one single politician who upholds the Constitution". "Not one". Really Beck? I guess you're unfamiliar with Ron Paul?

As long as he says those sorts of things he's a liar, a shill for neo-cons and globalist war mongers.

And yes, I do know what a neo-con is, where, when, how they started and by whom.

dean.engelhardt
04-15-2010, 07:27 AM
FUCK GLENN THE TEA-O-CON BECK!!!
And the rest of that war hungry Faux News..

Words of wisdom:)

Baptist
04-15-2010, 07:34 AM
The fact that some of you still watch Glenn Beck lets me know that I'm not the dumbest person on these forums. Thank you for making me feel better about myself.

paulitics
04-15-2010, 07:38 AM
An effective propagandist is supposed to tell the truth the majority of the time and mix it with a little poison, so that it discredits everything else. People need to read history. The German propagandists used this technique frequently, and wrote about how gullible people are not to see through it.

This is what Beck does. His intentions are crystal clear, and he layed his cards on the table during the Medina interview. And then he says stuff like Oliver North is one of the few honorable men left. Just insane.

His jumping all over the place from libertarianism to neoconism should be a red flag to anyone with a discerning ear. The man is slimy snake with no true convictions.

Deborah K
04-15-2010, 09:04 AM
That's fine and good, but when the time comes to count on Glenn Beck, he will shove the dagger as deep as he can in our back. How many times do we have to go through this before we'll learn that we can't trust him?

And how many times do we have to go through the fact that it isn't about TRUSTING him - it's about co-opting his viewers!! He makes my job as an activist much easier.