PDA

View Full Version : Are all Obama's little slaves ready for April 15?

furface
04-14-2010, 04:42 PM
You know regardless if you owe any taxes or not, the fact that we're all required to go out of our way and report on the most private parts of our lives like this is astonishing. It is slavery in at least 2 ways, 1) because of the portion of our labor that is seized in the form of taxation & 2) because of being forced to report like we are. In addition it is a gross violation of privacy, also a form of slavery if you agree with the Supreme Court's interpretation of the 5th Amendment.

If you talk to most people about taxation, it's as much the reporting requirements as it is the money. People don't like being slaves once they realize that's what's going on.

mrsat_98
04-14-2010, 06:20 PM
April Fools day Huh ?

noxagol
04-14-2010, 06:38 PM
April Fools day Huh ?

that's good, april 16th, the REAL fools day of april.

MichelleHeart
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Slaves indeed.

MN Patriot
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Liberals don't care if they have to pay high taxes. Their contempt for anyone who has more than they do drives their envy and desire to punish them.

Liberals have a different value system. They don't value their money and their financial achievements. Then of course they don't value yours, either. So it is OK that the government takes a huge chunk of your money. But then you have the hypocrite rich liberals who try to get out of taxes as much as possible.

Those are the twisted opponents of liberty that we have to contend with.

QueenB4Liberty
04-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Liberals don't care if they have to pay high taxes. Their contempt for anyone who has more than they do drives their envy and desire to punish them.

Liberals have a different value system. They don't value their money and their financial achievements. Then of course they don't value yours, either. So it is OK that the government takes a huge chunk of your money. But then you have the hypocrite rich liberals who try to get out of taxes as much as possible.

Those are the twisted opponents of liberty that we have to contend with.

Yeah, it's bullshit but I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't think there's anything that will send them over the edge.

catdd
04-14-2010, 07:01 PM
that's good, april 16th, the REAL fools day of april.

yup

Aratus
04-15-2010, 08:16 AM
some bay staters in certain counties have until may 10th or 11th to file due to our march floods...

MelissaWV
04-15-2010, 08:31 AM
If how much you make is the most private part of your life...

Absolutely agree, though, that those who envy the rich will always merrily file on time. They're usually getting back most/all of what they put in, or more, anyways... and as long as the "rich people" have to pay in and fund all their entitlements, it's worth it. :mad:

amy31416
04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
And I just had to look at Huffington Post to see if they had a pro-tax post, and of course, they don't disappoint.

The title of the article is "You Don't Really Hate Paying Your Taxes (you just hate the pesky paperwork)" by Dan Froomkin

Aside from the initial revulsion, I thought I'd torture myself a bit more and find some repulsive comments, and I was not disappointed!

I take care of my taxes ASAP and its a satisfying process for me. I started out with very little and have worked my butt off for years and years. Filing my taxes fills me with pride at how far my husband and I have come and I'm happy to be able to give back. I know most of my taxes go to the military and subsidies for big agra, which I don't like. I wish more could go to the elderly, the infirm, veterans, the arts, scientific research etc., All I can do is keep voting for people who support my values.

Pay your fair share, you greedy, selfish freeloaders. It's beginning to look like Republicans are the ones who want a free ride, not "liberals."

This is true. I hate figuring out the taxes, and I don't always like how they spend it. But paying taxes makes me feel like a contributor, not a user.

I'm happy to pay taxes, it means I'm making money..

That's enough...

MelissaWV
04-15-2010, 08:53 AM
And I just had to look at Huffington Post to see if they had a pro-tax post, and of course, they don't disappoint.

The title of the article is "You Don't Really Hate Paying Your Taxes (you just hate the pesky paperwork)" by Dan Froomkin

Aside from the initial revulsion, I thought I'd torture myself a bit more and find some repulsive comments, and I was not disappointed!

That's enough...

It's commentary like that which makes one feel a bit defeated. If taxes were abolished, do they think there will be a law that makes it criminal to contribute? You can still contribute to the arts, the elderly, and hell you can even contribute to the military! If we kept the Government we have but ditched the IRS, there would be nothing stopping you (short of pesky finance laws) from sending in thousands of dollars to support the local community park. You would decide precisely where your money goes. Legislators would go back to actually legislating rather than playing the part of greedy gremlins splitting our pie amongst themselves...

Nationwide
04-15-2010, 09:05 AM
I haven't paid income tax in years. And have no IRS issues. The truth shall set you free.
http://losthorizons.com

amy31416
04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
It's commentary like that which makes one feel a bit defeated. If taxes were abolished, do they think there will be a law that makes it criminal to contribute? You can still contribute to the arts, the elderly, and hell you can even contribute to the military! If we kept the Government we have but ditched the IRS, there would be nothing stopping you (short of pesky finance laws) from sending in thousands of dollars to support the local community park. You would decide precisely where your money goes. Legislators would go back to actually legislating rather than playing the part of greedy gremlins splitting our pie amongst themselves...

No doubt. I am a huge fan of libraries and would have no qualms about supporting them, in fact I volunteered at the library quite often. And the money I contributed would go directly to them, not through the IRS, then through all the bureaucrats, then through red tape, then having us have to beg the Fed gov for the crumbs that are left over.

It really makes me sick if I think about it too much, and people who keep waxing poetic about it as some sort of sacred duty make me want to vomit.

furface
04-15-2010, 09:30 AM
It really makes me sick if I think about it too much, and people who keep waxing poetic about it as some sort of sacred duty make me want to vomit.

I'd like to see what these people who enjoy paying taxes do for a living. My guess is that none of them are small business owners. I've yet to meet a small business owner who sweats all day to keep their business going who enjoys reporting everything they do to the government along with a sizable portion of their labor.

The other thing is that in this month I've payed a lot of taxes. Not just federal income tax, but property taxes, state income taxes, corporate taxes, use taxes, everything you can think of. You can really feel the effects of not having that money. We don't go out to eat as much. I delay car repairs or do them myself. We don't spend on anything that's not absolutely necessary. It's all money that could be going into the true economy, but is going to pay for exorbitant government salaries on mainly useless activities instead.

I suppose if I were like the elite who don't feel the effects of paying taxes, I wouldn't mind. But for me and my family, not having the money makes a really big difference. This is a problem I think. A lot of wealthy people don't mind paying taxes because they can hire accountants and can afford cutting the check. People who live off the gov dole don't care either because they're not affected. It's the dwindling middle class and most notably small business that's affected.

amy31416
04-15-2010, 09:38 AM
I'd like to see what these people who enjoy paying taxes do for a living. My guess is that none of them are small business owners. I've yet to meet a small business owner who sweats all day to keep their business going who enjoys reporting everything they do to the government along with a sizable portion of their labor.

The other thing is that in this month I've payed a lot of taxes. Not just federal income tax, but property taxes, corporate taxes, use taxes, everything you can think of. You can really feel the effects of not having that money. We don't go out to eat as much. I delay car repairs or do them myself. We don't spend on anything that's not absolutely necessary. It's all money that could be going into the true economy, but is going to pay for exorbitant government salaries on mainly useless activities instead.

I suppose if I were like the elite who don't feel the effects of paying taxes, I wouldn't mind. But for me and my family, not having the money makes a really big difference. This is a problem I think. A lot of wealthy people don't mind paying taxes because they can hire accountants and can afford cutting the check. People who live off the gov dole don't care either because they're not affected. It's the dwindling middle class and most notably small business that's effected.

Yeah, my dad tried to get away from the corporations for a while and owned a transmission shop, I did all his payroll and kept the books for him when I wasn't away at college and the taxes were insane. He worked at least 12-14 hrs/day and mostly just paid bills and broke even.

The thing that finally took him out? The EPA. There was an undisclosed oil tank under the property and it would have cost a repulsive amount to have it removed and brought up to "code" and/or fight that he wasn't responsible in court due to the prior owners non-disclosure.

So much for that.

DapperDan
04-15-2010, 09:44 AM

http://www.100megsfree3.com/fwc493/SmileyDirectory5/F/BulletPukeL.gif
http://www.100megsfree3.com/fwc493/SmileyDirectory5/F/BulletPukeL.gif

I concur!

furface
04-15-2010, 09:53 AM
The thing that finally took him out? The EPA. There was an undisclosed oil tank under the property and it would have cost a repulsive amount to have it removed and brought up to "code" and/or fight that he wasn't responsible in court due to the prior owners non-disclosure.

There's actually a new way of dealing with underground tanks, I think in at least California. Everybody who uses them pays into a fund and when they find a leaky one the owner can get it removed for free from the fund. It's a fairer form of regulation if you ask me, but the attorneys hate it because nobody's fighting about who's fault it is.

MelissaWV
04-15-2010, 10:46 AM
No doubt. I am a huge fan of libraries and would have no qualms about supporting them, in fact I volunteered at the library quite often. And the money I contributed would go directly to them, not through the IRS, then through all the bureaucrats, then through red tape, then having us have to beg the Fed gov for the crumbs that are left over.

Shoot, I have about 100 books that are going to the library when I move :p

Icymudpuppy
04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
I file to get back what was stolen from me earlier.

I usually break even.

free1
04-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Want to know why they pay the King his due?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=239938