PDA

View Full Version : Really interesting and informative Glenn Beck piece on RP

Dave Wood
10-10-2007, 06:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSr4M-o3t_M

He was making a LOT of sense. This is a must view imho. Some of us ARE HURTING RP!

richard1984
10-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Yeah...but anyone who thinks Ron Paul comes across as crazy is completely out of his/her mind! :eek: If Ron Paul comes across as crazy to you, then you really have a problem. When truth and sense sound crazy, rest assured you are lost.
I really have no idea what Glenn Beck was talking about (of course, I stopped watching the video when it went to the "crazy" part with the stupid music--that was completely retarded).

(note: by "you" I'm just speaking generally--not referring to anyone specifically--unless, of course, it's GB and others like him ;))

wsc321
10-10-2007, 07:09 AM
I agree some of the criticism was unfair and in bad taste... but as a whole, I think this was a fairly positive piece and more fair that what we usually see. I'd thank Glenn Beck for it.

richard1984
10-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Yeah. That first part was good. It's just puzzling to me how you can agree with someone on most things, but then turn around and say "but s/he's crazy, so nevermind."

I was expecting the "Ron Paul is crazy" clip to feature photo-shopped images of RP with weird costumes, make-up, and whatever else (calling him crazy, and then making stuff up and lying to "prove"/show it). It really seems like they're going to eventually stoop to something like that in attempt to discredit the man. :rolleyes:

Dave Wood
10-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeah. That first part was good. It's just puzzling to me how you can agree with someone on most things, but then turn around and say "but s/he's crazy, so nevermind."

I was expecting the "Ron Paul is crazy" clip to feature photo-shopped images of RP with weird costumes, make-up, and whatever else (calling him crazy, and then making stuff up and lying to "prove"/show it). It really seems like they're going to eventually stoop to something like that in attempt to discredit the man. :rolleyes:

For me, the point Beck was making was about DELIVERY. He was saying that RP comes across as crazy because he doesnt deliver his ideas in a way that a simple mind can comprehend. He also talks about things that most Americans are trained to think are impossible like ending the income tax.

I really wish we could do something similar to an infomercial for 1 hour. Hit Paul with all of the issues we can fit and have him respond in a very well planned way to explain himself. I think if this were done and enough people viewed it, the would start to believe in RP. They would start to understand what the buzz is all about.

klamath
10-10-2007, 07:57 AM
I didn't even know who Glen Beck was when I watched this video. I agree that some of RP's supporters make me cringe and have realized that there is absolutely no way of stopping them from acting the way they do and we can only hope that the American people can see past those people. As far as Glen Beck he was attacking RP as RP. The guy is a bombastic Rush Limbaugh want to be A**. He personally doesn't like RP and that is fine but I personally can't stand him.

apropos
10-10-2007, 08:00 AM

I think Beck is displaying what psychologists call 'cognitive dissonance'.

fj45lvr
10-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Don't listen to Beck...that is pure BS and Beck knows it too. How many other people in the world need to be smeared cause passionate and REALLY Passionate people are going nuts about them????

Obvious that Beck and his comrades just devised the "best" hit piece they could think of.....CIRCUS MUSIC!! are they F-ing kidding me!!

Besides the fact that what in Hell does he mean "is Paul the best the Libertarians can do"???? They throw this kind of shit around and don't ever back it up with rational discussion of the man or his ideas. Obviously if Beck believes that the "policing the streets of Iraq" is something to just "stick out" he IS THE CRAZY ONE!! Along with the rest of the BIG SPENDING "anti-conservatives".

I think he also takes a shot at Paul for the FBI....anyone hear Paul talk about the FBI recently??? That's digging right there.

speciallyblend
10-10-2007, 08:10 AM
GLENN BECK IS A JERK,i use to watch him daily,NO MORE

DrNoZone
10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I actually liked the piece, relatively speaking. Sure, it could have been more favorable, but Beck was actually being very honest and fair based on his personal opinion. I think there's some insight to be gained there for RP and for RP supporters as well.

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
I liked the piece also. Beck is raising the same concerns that many ardent Paul supporters have raised, and that's that Ron Paul needs to do a little better job explaining some of his "out there" ideas. It would have been better if Glenn took the time to learn how all the ideas work and used the airtime to explain them, but that's an unrealistic expectation I think.

Something I found amusing was that during the montage with clown music, none of the clips really contained anything "wacky." They could have included some stuff that really sounds outrageous out of context, but it was actually pretty mild.

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I actually liked the piece, relatively speaking. Sure, it could have been more favorable, but Beck was actually being very honest and fair based on his personal opinion. I think there's some insight to be gained there for RP and for RP supporters as well.

Actually, I do too. Now, that I watched this a second time. He did say some very favorable things about Paul in there too. Even though I didn't like to hear his criticism, he had some valid points. Dr. Paul does need to explain his rationale better with regard to getting rid of the FBI or CIA. People won't understand, if he doesn't tell them. Otherwise, it just comes off like kooky. I agree with Beck on that, actually.

mconder
10-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I will personally bury this video with "the mayor of crazy town" comment. One star.

The most poignant comment:

"Raul Paul is certainly drawing support from an intense group of people, but can he draw support from a large group of people?"

This is where Ron Paul is getting killed. This who abolish the CIA and FBI thing is something the campaign needs to start addressing NOW! This is going to be his undoing.

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Glenn Beck is a hateful warmongerer who has been beating the "islamofascist terrorist" war drums of fear for 6 straight years. If you think he secretly loves Ron Paul you are mistaken. What he will do is marginalize Ron Paul by attacking his supporters, while feigning interest in the candidate, because the shock-jock cannot argue Ron Paul's politics.

BLS
10-10-2007, 10:03 AM
It wasn't as much of a hit piece as people think.
Yes, there were some bad parts, but overall he spent about 5 minutes talking about Ron Paul. At least his name is getting out there. That's worth ALOT.

Take it in stride......

ghemminger
10-10-2007, 10:05 AM
National MSM begging RP to come on his show? = 1 Point RP

Primbs
10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Ron Paul needs exposure badly. While not the best piece, overall it gets Ron Paul name out.

Ninja Homer
10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Overall, I thought this was very positive.

It seemed to me like he wanted to do a positive piece about Ron Paul, and wants to support Paul, but wasn't allowed to. Like he had an executive order that he could now talk about Ron Paul because he raised $5 million, but he had to make a point of making Ron Paul look crazy.

Dlynne
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I think Glen Beck has some good criticisms that should be heeded. It is not enough to say the FBI or CIA should be abolished. The reasons for the abolishments need to be explained.

Paul constantly says the IRS should be abolished, and the income tax abolished, without explaining the sources of revenue the federal government already has at its disposal. Most people do not understand that.

Beck has a huge audience in the Delaware Valley area, and Paul should go on Beck's show if the opportunity is there. I think Beck will be fair to Ron Paul.

ConstitutionGal
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Don't listen to Beck...that is pure BS and Beck knows it too. How many other people in the world need to be smeared cause passionate and REALLY Passionate people are going nuts about them????

Obvious that Beck and his comrades just devised the "best" hit piece they could think of.....CIRCUS MUSIC!! are they F-ing kidding me!!

Besides the fact that what in Hell does he mean "is Paul the best the Libertarians can do"???? They throw this kind of shit around and don't ever back it up with rational discussion of the man or his ideas. Obviously if Beck believes that the "policing the streets of Iraq" is something to just "stick out" he IS THE CRAZY ONE!! Along with the rest of the BIG SPENDING "anti-conservatives".

I think he also takes a shot at Paul for the FBI....anyone hear Paul talk about the FBI recently??? That's digging right there.

Ron Paul did mention getting rid of the CIA and the FBI last week on the Phil Valeninte show:

http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=B37CA5D6BB39A4DB

I think the FBI comment is in Part 2

paulitics
10-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I think Glen Beck has some good criticisms that should be heeded. It is not enough to say the FBI or CIA should be abolished. The reasons for the abolishments need to be explained.

Paul constantly says the IRS should be abolished, and the income tax abolished, without explaining the sources of revenue the federal government already has at its disposal. Most people do not understand that.

Beck has a huge audience in the Delaware Valley area, and Paul should go on Beck's show if the opportunity is there. I think Beck will be fair to Ron Paul.

I agree. If Ron Paul were to beocome president its not something that can be done without a drastic change in public opinion. Therefore he is putting the cart before the horse. If I was not well educated on "mischief" of these two unaccountable agencies, I would write Paul off as wacky and unelctable.

klamath
10-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I will personally bury this video with "the mayor of crazy town" comment. One star.

The most poignant comment:

"Raul Paul is certainly drawing support from an intense group of people, but can he draw support from a large group of people?"

This is where Ron Paul is getting killed. This who abolish the CIA and FBI thing is something the campaign needs to start addressing NOW! This is going to be his undoing.

Unfortunately this is where RP is being consistant. Where in the constitution does it give authority to the federal Government to have a national police force. Just because it is an agency you like. Many people love the other agencies that RP has stated he would get rid of because they are not authorized by the constitution. If every group gets to keep their favorite agency, we have what we have today, lots of agencies. "If they get to keep theirs I get to keep mine" syndrome.

tcmaroc
10-10-2007, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSr4M-o3t_M

He was making a LOT of sense. This is a must view imho. Some of us ARE HURTING RP!

someone should edit this video and take out the luny music

frasu
10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Actually, I do too. Now, that I watched this a second time. He did say some very favorable things about Paul in there too. Even though I didn't like to hear his criticism, he had some valid points. Dr. Paul does need to explain his rationale better with regard to getting rid of the FBI or CIA. People won't understand, if he doesn't tell them. Otherwise, it just comes off like kooky. I agree with Beck on that, actually.

I agree... Some of the out there ideas need to be explained... It is beyond "who is RP"... people need more substance to the ideas to be converted...

ValidusCustodiae
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Over Glenn Beck, this is a bigoted, hypocritical prick if I ever saw one. If Glenn Beck is suggesting that we stop putting up signs everywhere, I think we should put up more just to p*** him off. If and when Ron Paul becomes President, we need a list of people like him and O'Liely so we can send them all a complimentary hat with some condiment packets. And another thing, notice at the end of the clip where you can see Mr. Beck is wearing two watches that match. Never trust a two-watcher.

sunny
10-10-2007, 12:14 PM
I liked the piece also. Beck is raising the same concerns that many ardent Paul supporters have raised, and that's that Ron Paul needs to do a little better job explaining some of his "out there" ideas. It would have been better if Glenn took the time to learn how all the ideas work and used the airtime to explain them, but that's an unrealistic expectation I think.

Something I found amusing was that during the montage with clown music, none of the clips really contained anything "wacky." They could have included some stuff that really sounds outrageous out of context, but it was actually pretty mild.

good grief! are you for real? how the h*** is dr. paul supposed to get out there and explain his ideas with barely enough time to even answer the questions he is aked ???
come on, give him a break!

do a better job! - do a better job! why don't all of you who are doing the "should have"
thing just leave it the h*** alone.

the man is brillian and he knows what he is doing!!!

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 12:23 PM
good grief! are you for real? how the h*** is dr. paul supposed to get out there and explain his ideas with barely enough time to even answer the questions he is aked ???
come on, give him a break!

do a better job! - do a better job! why don't all of you who are doing the "should have"
thing just leave it the h*** alone.

the man is brillian and he knows what he is doing!!!

Sorry. I like Ron Paul's character, his consistency, his integrity, but I don't see him as some kind of infallible being. Most of all I like his message, so if I observe that the message isn't being received well because of how it is presented, excuse me if I make a polite suggestion. Enjoy your cult of personality, but I'd rather see Ron Paul elected than placed on a pedestal.

Mort
10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I think Glenn Beck is mostly mad that Ron won't come on his show. But I honestly don't know if Ron should come on or not. Beck might ambush him.

RonFan1776
10-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Beck is trying to press the sell on "people only like Ron Paul because they are pissed off with everyone else. Therefore to not think like the herd you should NOT like him, and go vote for those other people who you really don't like because it's not the popular thing to do now." If that makes any kind of friggin' sense.

Did anyone catch the slip by the Cato institute guy? "What's gone Ron in Washington"?? :D :) :D :)

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Beck is trying to press the sell on "people only like Ron Paul because they are pissed off with everyone else. Therefore to not think like the herd you should NOT like him, and go vote for those other people who you really don't like because it's not the popular thing to do now." If that makes any kind of friggin' sense.

Did anyone catch the slip by the Cato institute guy? "What's gone Ron in Washington"?? :D :) :D :)

I didn't really get that impression at all. He went on about how he didn't want to vote for the lesser of two evils and he wouldn't consider his vote wasted if he cast it for a candidate he truly believed in.

RonFan1776
10-10-2007, 12:52 PM
I didn't really get that impression at all. He went on about how he didn't want to vote for the lesser of two evils and he wouldn't consider his vote wasted if he cast it for a candidate he truly believed in.

You are correct in this particular piece, but listening to him on the radio the other day he was certainly pressing hard on "the only reason people like Ron Paul is because people are fed up with the other guys." Not because he is the only candidate speaking the truth about this stuff, and has the right idea about how to turn it around.

I did like what the Cato institute guy had to say.

CodeMonkey
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
You are correct in this particular piece, but listening to him on the radio the other day he was certainly pressing hard on "the only reason people like Ron Paul is because people are fed up with the other guys." Not because he is the only candidate speaking the truth about this stuff, and has the right idea about how to turn it around.

I did like what the Cato institute guy had to say.

Ah gotcha, I've never listened to him before.

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Having a bad day, Sunny?