PDA

View Full Version : 70 earthquakes in 2010

wildfirepower
04-14-2010, 07:07 AM
California (ChattahBox) – Scientists are currently trying to explain the serious increase in seismic activity in the state of California.

While the area has been fairly dormant in recent years, the sudden increase in activity has alarmed scientists, who are hard pressed to explain the change.

Since the beginning of 2010 there have been 70 quakes over a 4.0 magnitude. That is 40 more than there were in the whole of 2009, and it is only April.

The sudden drastic boost in number is due to an increase in seismic waves in the region, though experts are not sure what has caused it.

So far, they believe it might just be the activity picking up after a time of lying dormant, entering a new round of quakes that will become increasingly common.

Scientists say that smaller ones will happen more frequently, but larger earthquakes are sure to be seen more regularly as well.

“We would like to be able to explain it,” Caltech seismologist Kate Hutton said. “But there’s no real correlation with any cause.”

http://chattahbox.com/us/2010/04/13/earthquakes-increasing-in-california-region-scientists-say/

moostraks
04-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Five million should flee Tehran over earthquake fears: Ahmadinejad
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/7578623/Five-million-should-flee-Tehran-over-earthquake-fears-Ahmadinejad.html

Saw this and thought of your thread. :)

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-14-2010, 08:15 PM
HAARP

actually I dont know I'm not a scientist :D

michaelwise
04-14-2010, 08:32 PM
The extended solar minimum going on 3 years with the lowest geomagnetic fields ever recorded may be the reason. I expect the big one to hit California soon.

wildfirepower
04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
There have been 6 earthquakes with the magnitude of 7.0 on the richter scale in the past 10 days. What is happening?. Is the earth breaking up?.

Kylie
04-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Jesus is back.

And his Dad is pissed.

:D

tmosley
04-14-2010, 09:14 PM
It seems to me that a lot of little quakes lessen the probability of a large one, as each quake relieves stress in the tectonic plates.

If some government has figured out how to trigger earthquakes, they will quickly find that they can only target a given area once or twice, with any further targeting being ineffective.

Arklatex
04-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Earth changes my friends, Earth is a growing creature and there will be changes to it's outer garment as it evolves. This sphere is an embryo, the fiber optics spanning the globe of the last century was the development of it's nervous system.

I would think twice about moving to Cali. =) These times have been prophesied for the seekers who seek. First seek what you are and where you're at. Those two answers are essential to enlightenment. The Egyptians knew, the Mayans knew, certainly the Atlanteans, those who wrote all the major religious texts knew. Bob Marley knew, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Jesus remembered very well while he was here.

LO1

We are divine beings on a divine stage here!!@!

Kylie
04-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Earth changes my friends, Earth is a growing creature and there will be changes to it's outer garment as it evolves. This sphere is an embryo, the fiber optics spanning the globe of the last century was the development of it's nervous system.

I would think twice about moving to Cali. =) These times have been prophesied for the seekers who seek. First seek what you are and where you're at. Those two answers are essential to enlightenment. The Egyptians knew, the Mayans knew, certainly the Atlanteans, those who wrote all the major religious texts knew. Bob Marley knew, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Jesus remembered very well while he was here.

LO1

We are divine beings on a divine stage here!!@!

Huh. Now that's some food for thought.

Aratus
04-15-2010, 08:24 AM
the iceland volcano grounds planes in u.k + europe!
a similar volcano triggered the 1600s little ice age...
we have seen the pacific rim being active, also haiti

MelissaWV
04-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Well weatherbill saw all this coming.

wildfirepower
04-15-2010, 08:55 AM
(Reuters) - A strong earthquake toppled hundreds of homes and some schools in the remote mountainous Tibetan Plateau of southwest China on Wednesday, killing at least 400 people and injuring thousands.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63D01120100414

moostraks
04-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Jesus is back.

And his Dad is pissed.