PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Likens Gay Marriage to Incest, Polygamy

bobbyw24
04-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

Huckabee also told college journalists last week that gay couples should not be permitted to adopt. "Children are not puppies," he said.

Huckabee visited The College of New Jersey in Ewing, N.J., last Wednesday to speak to the Student Government Association. He also was interviewed by a campus news magazine, The Perspective, which published an article on Friday.

Huckabee told the interviewer that not every group's interests deserve to be accommodated, if their lifestyle is outside of what he called "the ideal."

"That would be like saying, well there's there are a lot of people who like to use drugs so let's go ahead and accommodate those who want to use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, should we accommodate them?" he said, according to a transcript of the interview.

http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/US-Huckabee-Gay-Marriage/2010/04/13/id/355589

noxagol
04-14-2010, 05:10 AM
It is comparable, because those are all things that should be legal.

Mini-Me
04-14-2010, 05:18 AM
I would pay to see six lesbian sisters, all married to each other, prancing through Huckabee's neighborhood naked on drugs. Heck, the whole idea of it is just so fantastic that I wouldn't mind if they were gay brothers instead.

bobbyw24
04-14-2010, 05:18 AM

Yeah, but that is not what the Huckster is advocating

AlexMerced
04-14-2010, 06:30 AM

I agree

specsaregood
04-14-2010, 06:40 AM
"Children are not puppies," he said.

^Thank goodness, otherwise who knows what his son might do to them.

Lafayette
04-14-2010, 06:41 AM
I would pay to see six lesbian sisters, all married to each other, prancing through Huckabee's neighborhood naked on drugs. Heck, the whole idea of it is just so fantastic that I wouldn't mind if they were gay brothers instead.

HAH! :D

I hope some one Tubes it.

Stary Hickory
04-14-2010, 06:53 AM
I support gay marriage but not governments defining the term. Society ought to determine what is and what is not considered marriage without government interference. In any case special rights or priveleges should not be given to people based on marital status.

Problem solved. There is a very real reason to object to groups trying to use government to forcibly redfine a social institution in effort to force acceptance on the unwilling. This is social engineering and it is immoral. If you support voluntary associations you cannot support governments redfining marriage, a social concept.

Control over this ought to be returned to the people and government should have no say. Then every community can decide what is and what is not generally accepted as marriage. And no law should be made to forbid people from calling whatver they want marriage. You can call an apple marriage for all I care.

The idea that you can use government force to make people accept your lifestyle is oppressive and immoral. If there is a real question about this then let the people decide and get government out of marriage. It is a religious/social concept that was developed through many years of voluntary association, it cannot be altered or redfined using the guns of the government. This is why there is such an outcry.

erowe1
04-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Yeah, but that is not what the Huckster is advocating

So then you don't have a problem with him likening gay marriage to polygamy and incest?

It looked like you did at first. You know, with the thumbs down and all.

bobbyw24
04-14-2010, 08:42 AM
The thumbs down was for my perception that he is anti-gay in general

Epic
04-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I think that Huck was just making the point that even though some things can be done without directly hurting others, they should be banned "for the good of society".

I disagree with Huck, but the students just wanted to make a big deal out of nothing.

erowe1
04-14-2010, 08:49 AM
I guess I'm not too keen on Ron Paul supporters setting up barriers between us and the religious right. A lot of them are some of the most natural allies we have in the coalition that makes up the GOP voting base. There's really nothing incompatible with being anti-gay in general and being for less government.

Granted, nothing I just said applies to Huckabee, since he's for more government in pretty much every way. But there are still a good number of Eagle Forum types out there that we should have alliances with.

tmosley
04-14-2010, 08:50 AM
No central authority can proclaim what is good for society, except to say that people making their own choices for themselves is what is best.

Things fall apart when you try to jam everyone into the same box.

Danke
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
He's against incest too?!?!

How in the heck did he get elected twice as Governor of Arkansas?

Pete_00
04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Well...let them have their own thing and leave our thing to us. Why do they have this need to occupy and conquer everything "hetero"? Why do they have to attack everything "traditional"? Always crying, always bitching, always getting the State and the corrupt crypto-communist media to attack everything and everyone that doesnt bow down to them.

***** are an agressive anti-social bunch thats why the top commies love them, they are fine armies of useful idiots. The only thing that brings me joy about them is that once the commie revolution is done they will not be needed anymore, in fact they will be regarded as a threat to stability and the State will start to shove them inside prisons and mental institutions.

I dont like 95% of them, im with Huckabee on this one.

amy31416
04-14-2010, 09:27 AM

Have to read between the lines, son:

There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them.

He's not asking, he's telling. With a nudge and a wink. ;)

TonySutton
04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Well...let them have their own thing and leave our thing to us. Why do they have this need to occupy and conquer everything "hetero"? Why do they have to attack everything "traditional"? Always crying, always bitching, always getting the State and the corrupt crypto-communist media to attack everything and everyone that doesnt bow down to them.

***** are an agressive anti-social bunch thats why the top commies love them, they are fine armies of useful idiots. The only thing that brings me joy about them is that once the commie revolution is done they will not be needed anymore, in fact they will be regarded as a threat to stability and the State will start to shove them inside prisons and mental institutions.

I have to wonder how many "*****" you actually know vs what you just see on tv.

zach
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM

:confused:

There's a few people on this board who aren't straight that are quite in line with the Liberty message, so I have no clue which aggressive whiners of whom you're describing.

Pete_00
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM
I have to wonder how many "*****" you actually know vs what you just see on tv.

:confused:

There's a few people on this board who aren't straight that are quite in line with the Liberty message, so I have no clue which aggressive whiners of whom you're describing.

Is it true or not the the VAST majority of them support everything "liberal"?? And when you know that "liberalism" is just a trojan-horse for communism you know they are trouble...

On TV?! You mean the "Will and Grace" and the "gay pride parades" image that the TV tries to force on us? On the contrary, i fear them because i KNOW that TV doesnt give us an accurate representation of them and they do this on purpose, to make people lower their guard.

http://gayfortoday.blogspot.com/2007/11/ernst-rhm.html

Thats was Hitlerīs mentor...And that pro-gay site "forgets" to tell us that the majority of the SA homosexual leaders were allowed to "escape" the Night of the Long Knifes and were incorporated in the Nazi political apparatus...

Learn something: http://www.defendthefamily.com/pfrc/books/pinkswastika/html/the_pinkswastika_4th_edition_-_final.htm

That book has been criticized by the Southern Poverty Law Center so you know it must be good...

http://www.cosmolearning.com/documentaries/yuri-bezmenov-lecture-on-subversion-1983/6/ <--- Here you have a KGB agent saying that the vast majority of the ones recruited by the KGB were homosexuals.

Remember the "Red Scare" and "McCarthism"? There is a reason the anti-communist investigations were also very focused on homosexuality.

They hate society and its traditional values and culture, thats why they are great "useful idiots".

But when the revolution is done they can kiss their freedom and "gay rights" goodbye.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-14-2010, 03:29 PM
i dont want a heavier tax burden to support a dead-end street

tpreitzel
04-14-2010, 03:59 PM
In general, I agree with Huckabee. He's looking at these issues from a Christian perspective with which I agree. However, I'm likely to disagree with Huckabee that these issues should be settled at higher levels of government. Personally, I think most of these issues should be addressed at the county level since life centers around activities within the county. If the "tyranny" (LOL) of social oppression is too much for someone to bear at the county level, simply move to a more favorable county or work to change the "tyrannical" laws of your county. :)

tpreitzel
04-14-2010, 04:00 PM

Uh, oh.. ;)

Sarge
04-14-2010, 04:08 PM
This is turning into a homophobic hate thread.

First off, likely 90 percent of gays vote Democratic. So what are you bitching about Pete? 204 posts and you want to spread hate.

I got my face chewed on by a few gays that my SIL invited to Easter dinner, when I mentioned a certain one from Illinois as being corrupt.

And by the way, the gay partners likely pay a hell of a lot more on taxes as they can't get deductions married people get. So they are supporting the dead end street.

Now Pete what about all the multi millions of bi sexual people that are out there? You want to start on them? Way more of them you know. Wait, you don't know I have a feeling. Might want to do some research.

How about keeping this forum on how to win and not drive people away that might change and the outcome. If you don't want gay votes fine, I assume you don't want Bi votes either.

I for one will take what ever votes we can get to turn this mess around straight, gay, bi or T before it is too late. After Easter Sunday, I am not counting on many of the gay votes but I sure will not stop them from seeing the light. I could care less what happens in their bedrooms.

dannno
04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Is it true or not the the VAST majority of them support everything "liberal"?? And when you know that "liberalism" is just a trojan-horse for communism you know they are trouble...

On TV?! You mean the "Will and Grace" and the "gay pride parades" image that the TV tries to force on us? On the contrary, i fear them because i KNOW that TV doesnt give us an accurate representation of them and they do this on purpose, to make people lower their guard.

http://gayfortoday.blogspot.com/2007/11/ernst-rhm.html

Thats was Hitlerīs mentor...And that pro-gay site "forgets" to tell us that the majority of the SA homosexual leaders were allowed to "escape" the Night of the Long Knifes and were incorporated in the Nazi political apparatus...

Learn something: http://www.defendthefamily.com/pfrc/books/pinkswastika/html/the_pinkswastika_4th_edition_-_final.htm

That book has been criticized by the Southern Poverty Law Center so you know it must be good...

http://www.cosmolearning.com/documentaries/yuri-bezmenov-lecture-on-subversion-1983/6/ <--- Here you have a KGB agent saying that the vast majority of the ones recruited by the KGB were homosexuals.

Remember the "Red Scare" and "McCarthism"? There is a reason the anti-communist investigations were also very focused on homosexuality.

They hate society and its traditional values and culture, thats why they are great "useful idiots".

But when the revolution is done they can kiss their freedom and "gay rights" goodbye.

There is this thing called the false left-right paradigm and you are kinda caught in it.

The reason most homosexuals are liberal is because most conservatives are Christian and many of them are anti-gay. Do you support those who go around with those horrible signs that say "God Hates ****" ?? Of course those type of people are going to polarize gay people against conservatives in general. The people who have the "God Hates ****" signs are going to hell a lot faster than any gay people, there is no question in my mind. Not to mention it is primarily their fault for polarizing them against conservatism and shielding them from the concepts of individual liberty and personal responsibility. Why don't you go yell at those people instead of getting upset at gays? I imagine you might know quite a few people who are good at polarizing gay people away from conservatism.

But it's pretty clear you don't know any or many gay people. Most gay people don't have a clue about politics and really aren't that interested, just like most people. Most gay people like big government just like most straight people today also like big government.

Instead of attacking the "homosexual agenda" that you perceive, you should be attacking the agenda that those particular homosexuals advocate.. because there are plenty of straight people who advocate the same thing. In fact, if you went to a University you would find that there are enormous amounts of support for the "homosexual agenda" coming from straight students. Attacking gay people doesn't make any sense, the vast majority of individual homosexuals have nothing to do with the agenda.

dannno
04-14-2010, 04:13 PM
This is turning into a homophobic hate thread.

That's only cause Pete is dominating it.

Sarge
04-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Thank you Dannno. This is not the time to drive people away after the poll today.

I am going to disagree with you just a little. We have friends with a gay son and family members with gay sons and they sure do talk about Dem vs. Rep. at least in AZ. I can't speak for CA.

I know for a fact it was the gay guys that got my SIL and BIL to vote for BO and now they are wishing they hadn't . Count two votes for Ron the next time.

I hope to work on changing the thinking of the rest in the mean time.

speciallyblend
04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
this is a non-issue except for neo-cons and right-wingers who insist on interfering with the privacy of others!!

being gay is not a choice. who you are turned on to sexually or dating or married to is no ones business! unless your married to them!!

BlackTerrel
04-14-2010, 04:37 PM
So then you don't have a problem with him likening gay marriage to polygamy and incest?

I don't. Personally I have a hundred things I am more concerned with. But I see gay marriage as incest. Now if people want to do it so be it. But to make it seem like it's normal and healthy - please, I don't buy it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-14-2010, 04:37 PM
everyone should pay the same amount of taxes, this way gay people will stop complaining and we can carry on with our lives.

FreeTraveler
04-14-2010, 04:54 PM

This sounds like a rant about blacks in the 60s.

Sarge
04-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I can honestly say I have not heard them complain about taxes. Just the other things we all know about.

I complain more about taxes. Why should I pay the same taxes as Warren B? Wait, he pays less than his secretary. I want his cheaper tax payment I think. I want to see what she pays.

Who said normal marriage is normal? Why then almost a 50 percent divorce rate. Is that normal? It likely would be higher, if the rest that were cheating were caught.

Normal is in the eye of the beholder. Not saying I am right, just some things to think about.

dannno
04-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Huckabee told the interviewer that not every group's interests deserve to be accommodated, if their lifestyle is outside of what he called "the ideal."

Ya this is the most ignorant statement Huckabee could possibly make.

There is nothing "ideal" about most straight marriages. There are plenty of homosexual households that are a far better environment for being raised that some straight households.

The bottom line is that government shouldn't have anything to do with it.

ChaosControl
04-14-2010, 05:21 PM
They are similar.

Personally I find them all disgusting, but it is people's right to live their life as they want as long as they don't harm a non-consenting party. So, yes, all should be legal except that marriage should exist as a legal thing anyway.