PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson running for president?

justinc.1089
04-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Is there anything new information about if Gary Johnson will be running for president or not?

I was just thinking he must be planning on it afterall since he went to the SRLC and was in the straw poll with Ron Paul. It would be awesome to see Johnson AND Paul in the debates!

Johnson or Paul could always drop out and endorse the one that ends up doing better, so any concerns about splitting support aren't that serious. I know in the beginning Paul would need to win polls and raise the most money, and if Johnson was taking any of that it would hurt them both, and thats true, but I think the tendency of our people out there would be to support Paul first, just like what happened at the SRLC. Johnson was in the straw poll, but only got like 7-4? votes according to a couple of articles I read (one said below ten, 7 I think, the other said forty something). So I think the same thing would happen in the campaigns too; most people would send money to Paul not Johnson, and would vote for Paul in polls where only one vote is allowed. So I'm doubtful it would cause many problems. And it would always help out to have a friend in the debate with Paul instead of an entirely hostile group.

FSP-Rebel
04-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Johnson's org can't legally declare any presidential hope while he's touring the country.

StateofTrance
04-14-2010, 06:22 AM
When there are more chances of Ron winning this time, I don't know why the fuck people bring up Gary Johnson and others..Is this some sort of conspiracy?

Elwar
04-14-2010, 09:35 AM
When there are more chances of Ron winning this time, I don't know why the fuck people bring up Gary Johnson and others..Is this some sort of conspiracy?

It's always good to not keep all of your eggs in one basket.

Johnson has said that he's looking more long term as opposed to just 2012.

Johnson can do nothing but help Ron Paul in the Republican debates. He's doing the legwork it takes to establish himself.

We're all on the same page. We want Ron Paul or someone with Ron Paul's views to win in 2012.

It's the message that matters.