PDA

View Full Version : For NeoCons - 27 BUILDINGS............! Vatican SIZED

rp08rp
10-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Construction of the U.S. embassy in Iraq, set to open in September, is projected to cost $792 million, with a staff of 1,000 people and operating costs totaling $1.2 billion a year. It will be a 104-acre complex, which is the size of approximately 80 football fields. On May 10, .. the ballooning size and cost of the embassy in a hearing with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice:

Now, having said over and over again that we don't want to be seen as an occupying force in Iraq, we're building the largest embassy that we have — probably the largest in the world — in Baghdad. And it just seems to grow and grow and grow. … We agree that we should focus our aid locally not in Baghdad, but we have 1,000 Americans at the embassy in Baghdad. You add the contractors and the local staff it comes to 4,000.

Some previews of the compound's planned swimming pool and tennis courts:

The complex "will include two office buildings, one of them designed for future use as a school, six apartment buildings, a gym, a pool, a food court and its own power generation and water-treatment plants."

IMAGINE SEEING THIS IN YOUR COUNTRY! WHEN THE PEOPLE WHO CAME IN SAID IT WAS ABOUT - WMD!!!

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060414/060414_embassy_hmed_3p.hlarge.jpg

yongrel
10-10-2007, 06:06 AM
18th century Imperialism, meet 21st century comfort

richard1984
10-10-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm a little confused about where the money for this is coming from.

Are the funds (and plans) for this included in the "war" budget?

Oh! I bet the oil is paying for this, huh? :rolleyes:

This is one of the most outrageous, despicable, criminal things I've ever seen.

We need to stop these neo-Nazis before they go any farther! :mad: :mad:

DjLoTi
10-10-2007, 06:19 AM
It's perfect, for when things get really bad, who will get the people holed up in the Vatican in the middle of Baghdad?

richard1984
10-10-2007, 06:23 AM
It's perfect, for when things get really bad, who will get the people holed up in the Vatican in the middle of Baghdad?

You mean, like, it'll function as a "good" excuse for continuing the "war" (because if they attack the damn place it'll be reported as an act of war--not that we're gonna stop fighting...but the more excuses the better for those evil bastards).

DjLoTi
10-10-2007, 06:27 AM
No, I mean, if the world started turning into chaos, which is possible within the next 100 years due to the depletion of water, the world will be a very unsafe place.

However, an embassy the size of the Vatican in the middle of Baghdad I'd say is pretty safe from a bunch of protesters, lol

There is no way we will reach them there.

Plus, they can do all their black-ops without the private eye. Agriculture cultivation control.. it's in the middle of the desert with tons of oil! THEY will be ok. The question is, will we? Or will their whole system collapse? Who knows... the future is now, ... lol ..

Try having a camp-out protest in Baghdad ... not gonna happen! Even if things do get bad, we'll need ourselves, we can't depend on these imperialists.

kylejack
10-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Have a link on this, OP?

thehittgirl
10-10-2007, 06:47 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2006-04-19-us-embassy_x.htm

kylejack
10-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks hittgirl. I wanted to post this in a few other places, but they're incessantly persistent about citing sources.

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 08:35 AM
It looks more like a polished military headquarters than an embassy.