PDA

View Full Version : Two Ingredients for Ron Paul to become a household name.

freshjiva
04-13-2010, 08:51 PM
I think the only way Ron Paul can really catch on is if he changes his tone to how he used to be: a reasoned thinker and educator. I think the tone of his speeches at CPAC and SRLC both were detrimental to his position in the GOP, because he seems to attack Republicans almost more than he does Democrats.

While this makes perfect sense to us, his loyal supporters, it still isolates him from the rest of the Party.

If Ron Paul wants to become a Republican favorite, I think he needs to do the following things:

1) Tone his speeches down and focus on the message of the Founders, and connect his ideas of modern issues to the recommendations of Jefferson, Washington, Franklin, Madison, and thinkers like John Locke, Randolph Bourne, Edmund Burke, Ayn Rand, and others. The more he quotes from these thinkers and from history, the better his appeal will be as a reasoned, principled man.

2) Step up and write milestone legislation that the entire Republican Party can rally around. He has already taken a massive step in this direction with the Fed Audit bill and now the Healthcare Mandate Removal bill. Keep em coming, Ron!

I felt like he has somewhat departed from giving intellectual, calm and inspirational lectures and has turned somewhat into a pure critic of the Republican Party. We saw this in his speeches at CPAC and SRLC. In order to win, he MUST TONE DOWN his criticisms of the Republican Party. I know we all love Ron because he speaks the truth, and his criticisms of neo-conservatives is well justified, but he cannot expect to win the Party's nomination and criticize its leaders at the same time.

Paulitical Correctness
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
He did just praise Steele...

dr. hfn
04-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Ron is in education mode and always has been, maybe he will go into election mode when he announces

Agorism
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
We don't need an actual majority if you think about it.

If 10% of the party were willing to protest McCain and vote Baldwin instead, they would be SOL.

Why do both parties ignore their base, and fight over independents? It's because their base are the automatic votes.

The problem is a lot of Paul voters, see Obama and they become herded cats and go vote McCain or whoever.

silus
04-13-2010, 09:28 PM
he seems to attack Republicans almost more than he does Democrats.
And?? Your own house has to be in order before you can successfully challenge an opponent. His first responsibility is to force the Republican party to own up to its core principles.

While this makes perfect sense to us, his loyal supporters, it still isolates him from the rest of the Party.
I think you're confused. Its Ron Paul's beliefs that isolate him. And again, its his job to make the Republican party see that his beliefs are exactly in line with Republican values. That is why there is more conflict there than with democrats.

If Ron Paul wants to become a Republican favorite, I think he needs to do...
What he shouldn't do is listen to someone that thinks they have all the answers.

spudea
04-13-2010, 09:52 PM
He predicted the great recession and he was laughed at... He needs to keep revealing truth to the world.

parocks
04-14-2010, 01:02 AM
We don't need an actual majority if you think about it.

If 10% of the party were willing to protest McCain and vote Baldwin instead, they would be SOL.

Why do both parties ignore their base, and fight over independents? It's because their base are the automatic votes.

The problem is a lot of Paul voters, see Obama and they become herded cats and go vote McCain or whoever.

Yes, a lot of Republicans, a lot of Paul voters, most Americans, don't like Obama. If Ron Paul could convince everyone that he's the farthest away from Obama, it would be very helpful.

We need to make sure that we work hard to get the best Republican nominee.
After that, vote Republican.