PDA

View Full Version : The Most Useless Industry in America---Guess you guess what it is?

lx43
04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
I'll give you a hint. You have to hire a professional once a year and it cost an estimated $200 billion to comply with it.

Any guesses???

lx43
04-13-2010, 08:06 PM
In the subject line I should have put "can you guess what it is???" lol

Working Poor
04-13-2010, 08:15 PM
it seems my dear fellow that there are several useless industries in this nation. My first choice would be the banking industry because in my eyes they seem to hurt the most people.

I think you should make a poll and give several choices with your answer being one of the choices and see how many people agree with you and after you have gotten enough votes reply with what you think is the answer and why.

pcosmar
04-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Tax Preparer.
:(

Is that not obvious?

lx43
04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
I tried making a poll, but unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to do it. I'll go ahead and answer the question.

The answer: Tax Professionals.

I spent all day Friday and a good part of Saturday at my CPA's office getting my taxes done (are should I say slave fee? just for living).

Think of all the money and brainpower wasted just trying to comply with the massive taxation we have in this country.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/topic/96.html

The full cost a tax system is more than the amount of tax paid. It also includes the cost of tax planning and paperwork. Economists call these "tax compliance" costs, and the IRS estimates Americans spend 6.6 billion hours per year filling out tax forms—including 1.6 billion hours on the 1040 form alone. In 2002 Americans spent roughly $194 billion dollars on tax compliance. That amounts to 20 cents of compliance cost for every dollar collected by the tax system.

MN Patriot
04-13-2010, 08:29 PM
I wish all the tax slaves would wake up already. I once argued with a liberal about getting rid of the income tax, and he actually agreed that all the effort and money going to tax preparers would be better spent somewhere else. But of course he still didn't want to get rid of the income tax, just make it a simple 30% he said. But then we are still slaves, even though life has been simplified.

lx43
04-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Ask him does he think he should pay taxes? 9 out of 10 the person will say no, then you say well why force it on other people? Then talk about how taxation is slavery and theft.