PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is endorsing Hostettler

erowe1
04-13-2010, 05:34 PM
It is official, and it is definite. I've been told this by people inside the campaign, and they gave the go ahead to spread the word. Expect a press release tomorrow.

Apparently the word has gotten to James Antle III as well.
http://spectator.org/blog/2010/04/13/seemingly-tight-gop-primary-fo

Admins, will this make a difference on getting a Hostettler subforum here?

Do we have enough support here to promote a money bomb for the end of April? I think if we can get $50k out of the Ron Paul network for this race it would make a huge difference. Because of the unique circumstances of this primary nobody's going to have as much money to spend as they would have had everyone known that the seat would be in play 6 months ago. I think $50k should be doable for us, but even that much would require a serious concerted effort, including support from people with big email lists and such.

MRoCkEd
04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
He could raise some dough if Ron Paul asks people to donate in an endorsement email blast.

low preference guy
04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Hostettler needs our money. I don't care much about the subforum, what's matters is the money. If Ron Paul writes a donation request e-mail and RPF advertises it, that will be huge.

The primary is May 4. I think the money bomb (or Ron Paul e-mail donation request) should be at least 10 days before that.

low preference guy
04-13-2010, 05:48 PM
//

erowe1
04-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Hostettler needs our money. I don't care much about the subforum, what's matters is the money. If Ron Paul writes a donation request e-mail and RPF advertises it, that will be huge.

The primary is May 4. I think the money bomb (or Ron Paul e-mail donation request) should be at least 10 days before that.

We have to balance time for us to promote it with time left for them to use the money. I've been told by people whose opinion I trust on this question that any money raised up until May 1 would help in the primary. I think that sounds like it's pushing it a bit too late. Around April 24 sounds like a good idea, and we could probably go a couple days in either direction of that if anybody comes up with a good reason for any other day.

low preference guy
04-13-2010, 05:59 PM
So Rand's money bomb is the 19th. Ron Paul could write a request for money on the 22nd, and we intensely use facebook and other media to raise money for the next two days. Just a thought.

erowe1
04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
So Rand's money bomb is the 19th. Ron Paul could write a request for money on the 22nd, and we intensely use facebook and other media to raise money for the next two days. Just a thought.

The thing is, Ron Paul writing a request like that isn't really under any of our control. We have to make plans without counting on that factor.

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Will more money even do anything at this point? The Primary is almost here. Does Hostettler want to buy some media time?

Seems like boots on the ground in Indiana is the most important. Hostettler seems to be doing all he can to meet the people. Does he have people going door to door for him?

A money-bomb should probably be asap if that will help.

Nathan Hale
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Cmon admins, let's get a Hostettler sub-forum already.

Bergie Bergeron
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
There's a lot of candidates who are worthy of a sub-forum...

erowe1
04-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Will more money even do anything at this point? The Primary is almost here. Does Hostettler want to buy some media time?

Seems like boots on the ground in Indiana is the most important. Hostettler seems to be doing all he can to meet the people. Does he have people going door to door for him?

A money-bomb should probably be asap if that will help.

More money will definitely help. Boots on the ground will too. But, yes, the more money he has the more air time he can buy on radio and TV. Coats' campaign will start airing ads on TV tomorrow. Hostettler will need to be able to get on TV too in order to prevent voters from seeing Coats as the only serious candidate. And yes, the sooner the better.

Nathan Hale
04-13-2010, 09:03 PM
There's a lot of candidates who are worthy of a sub-forum...

But Hostettler is at the top of the list. He's got the most threads in the general thread pool here and he's one of the most viable liberty candidates.

Bergie Bergeron
04-13-2010, 09:15 PM
John Dennis...

TCE
04-13-2010, 09:54 PM
John Dennis...

No chance against Pelosi...

Bergie Bergeron
04-13-2010, 10:03 PM
It's a BIG Republican year and Pelosi doesn,t have high approval in California, I think he has a shot. He's at 22% and I'm pretty sure he's not a household name. If anyone can do it, it's a smart anti-war Liberty candidate.

Badger Paul
04-14-2010, 10:13 AM
If Coats is going on the air from now until primary day then Hostettler needs ads too. Raise money for those.

low preference guy
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
It's a BIG Republican year and Pelosi doesn,t have high approval in California, I think he has a shot. He's at 22% and I'm pretty sure he's not a household name. If anyone can do it, it's a smart anti-war Liberty candidate.

Can you go to talk about your candidate on your own thread? This thread is to figure out how to help Hostettler, urgently, since the primary is in May 4. I support Dennis, but this is not the place to discuss his candidacy.

Brian4Liberty
04-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Apparently the word has gotten to James Antle III as well.
http://spectator.org/blog/2010/04/13/seemingly-tight-gop-primary-fo

Admins, will this make a difference on getting a Hostettler subforum here?

In the GOP at large, a Ron Paul endorsement, or a sub-forum on this forum might work against a GOP Primary candidate. It's very possible. Read the comments on that web-page...

He could raise some dough if Ron Paul asks people to donate in an endorsement email blast.

Yep, it is a good way to raise some money.

erowe1
04-14-2010, 12:12 PM
In the GOP at large, a Ron Paul endorsement, or a sub-forum on this forum might work against a GOP Primary candidate. It's very possible. Read the comments on that web-page...

It would do that for some. Whether highlighting the connection prominently would be a net negative or net positive I don't know--I tend to think a net positive both for Hostettler and for Ron Paul.

But if it did cost Hostettler support of people who dislike Ron Paul and would blame Hostettler by association, I think Hostettler would accept that. He's not the type who tries to be all things to all people. He wants voters to know where he's coming from, and if that means they vote against him, then that's better than pandering to them. That also applies to people in the Ron Paul camp. When Hostettler's answering questions from them, he's not shy about disagreeing and explaining why.

John Taylor
04-14-2010, 09:57 PM

Dennis could not beat a Hitler running in that district with a D next to his name. Sorry. No amount of money will turn a Dem +40 into a GOP pickup.