PDA

View Full Version : PalinSpeakingContract Found InCampusTrashBin Requires Pre-Screened Questions

charrob
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Sarah Palin will get first-class airfare for two and three rooms at a luxury hotel when she gives a speech in June for a university foundation.

And organizers better not forget to stock her lectern with two water bottles and bendable straws.

The details of Palin's contract [PDF] with the California State University, Stanislaus Foundation were contained in five pages of the document retrieved from a campus trash bin by students who heard administrators might be shredding documents related to the speech.

State Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, provided copies of the paperwork Tuesday.

Among other perks, Palin will fly first class - if she flies commercial. If not, "the private aircraft MUST BE a Lear 60 or larger ...," the contract specifies. She also must be provided with a suite and two single rooms in a deluxe hotel.

Moreover, for Q&A sessions, the document specifies that "the questions are to be collected from the audience in advance, pre-screened and a designated representative...shall ask questions directly of the speaker [Palin] to avoid delay time with a roving microphone in the audience."

The document, dated March 16, does not include compensation details for Palin, who commands speaking fees as high as $100,000.

The students said they acted on a tip that documents were being shredded last Friday, when campus staff members were supposed to be on furlough.

The foundation previously denied a request to release details of the contract made by The Associated Press under the California Public Records Act.

Last week, the university responded to a public records request by Yee by saying it did not have any documents related to Palin's appearance and had referred the matter to foundation board president Matt Swanson.

The next day, Swanson sent letters to both Yee and The Associated Press stating that Palin's contract has a nondisclosure clause. University foundations and other auxiliary organizations were not subject to the same public records requirements as the university itself, he said.

Yee disputed the claim.

Two of the students who discovered the discarded documents traveled to Sacramento to present them to the state attorney general's office. The office is reviewing Yee's request for an investigation into allegations that the university violated the California Public Records Act.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/13/sarah-palin-speaking-cont_n_536165.html#s80800

Badger Paul
04-13-2010, 03:50 PM
The Palins are not one to stare gift horses in the mouth. Like anyone poor who suddenly comes into a lot of money what do they do? They spend it.

specsaregood
04-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Sounds like reasonable enough requests considering her drawing power, "status" and standard fare for such individuals. Definitely not "out of line" compared to other similar people as such engagements.

charrob
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Sounds like reasonable enough requests considering her drawing power, "status" and standard fare for such individuals. Definitely not "out of line" compared to other similar people as such engagements.

i can't imagine Ron Paul demanding that any questions asked by members of an audience where he speaks must be pre-screened and accepted; imo that says volumes about sarah palin.

specsaregood
04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
i can't imagine Ron Paul demanding that any questions asked by members of an audience where he speaks must be pre-screened and accepted; imo that says volumes about sarah palin.

No, he wouldn't but maybe he should. You might change your mind if questioner after questioner asked questions like, "So you think the civil war was a mistake, why do you hate black people?"

Maybe it speaks volumes about her, but it is hardly anything unique. You think the questions Obama gets asked aren't prescreened? Or 99% of other politicians at these types of events?

I'm not defending the practice, just saying it is hardly surprising or uncommon.

charrob
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
No, he wouldn't but maybe he should. You might change your mind if questioner after questioner asked questions like, "So you think the civil war was a mistake, why do you hate black people?"

Maybe it speaks volumes about her, but it is hardly anything unique. You think the questions Obama gets asked aren't prescreened? Or 99% of other politicians at these types of events?

I'm not defending the practice, just saying it is hardly surprising or uncommon.

obama: questions from the press are not pre-screened. -to judge a future leader, it's important that the person has the ability to provide a coherent, intelligible, answer-- something palin has failed miserably in before her questions at public appearances were "screened".

i love Ron Paul because he speaks from the heart. no pre-thought-of bullshit. -just straight from the heart. i'd venture to say that's why many people are drawn to him.

speciallyblend
04-13-2010, 04:34 PM
obama: questions from the press are not pre-screened. -to judge a future leader, it's important that the person has the ability to provide a coherent, intelligible, answer-- something palin has failed miserably in before her questions at public appearances were "screened".

i love Ron Paul because he speaks from the heart. no pre-thought-of bullshit. -just straight from the heart. i'd venture to say that's why many people are drawn to him.

i am actually embarrassed for palin and her supporters . She doesn't need anyone attacking her. she does it all be herself!

the idea this woman is capable of being president or vp makes Mickey Mouse seem over qualified for the job!! Palin is a disgrace to women and their intelligence!!

specsaregood
04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
obama: questions from the press are not pre-screened.

The contract is talking about questions from the press, it specifically states "the audience". If you don't think obama's questions from a citizen audience are prescreened, well.....you are wrong.

-to judge a future leader, it's important that the person has the ability to provide a coherent, intelligible, answer-- something palin has failed miserably in before her questions at public appearances were "screened".

I agree whole heartedly. As were obamas answers in situations where his teleprompter died. not that I'm trying to make this a palin vs. obama issue. I dislike them both. Also worth noting: Palin is not currently running for office OR an elected official. She is going to these speaking engagements as part of a commercial contract. Due to this, her "obligation" of sorts to hear/respond to all questions from all comers is significantly lessened, IMHO.

Once again I agree whole heartedly. Of course this is also why some hate him.

Palin is also very polarizing and lots of people HATE her. so any open-forum is going to be littered with people wanting to ask a question or speak just to spout hate or try to embaress her.

i am actually embarrassed for palin and her supporters . She doesn't need anyone attacking her. she does it all be herself!

the idea this woman is capable of being president or vp makes Mickey Mouse seem over qualified for the job!! Palin is a disgrace to women and their intelligence!!
^Example A of what I just said above.

charrob
04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Also worth noting: Palin is not currently running for office OR an elected official.
She is going to these speaking engagements as part of a commercial contract. Due to this, her "obligation" of sorts to hear/respond to all questions from all comers is significantly lessened, IMHO.

true to some extent. But the contract points out the extra "security" etc. that she is getting is because she's considered to be a future republican presidential hopeful for 2012. (And most tea partiers i know want her to be president.) I would hope that the Mitt Romney's, Sarah Palins, etc., would speak from the heart so that the American people can correctly make up their minds about them instead of screening questions prior to any interview. I personally have no respect (and would not listen to) a presidential "hopeful" who needs to have questions "in advance" for an interview. But that's just me.

so any open-forum is going to be littered with people wanting to ... embaress her.

Palin embarresses herself without any help from the audience. However, I have no problem watching her do this over and over and over and over... :D

Pete_00
04-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Once again, the campaign against her is there for all to see. Associated Press making a deal out of this is just a fine example among many...she scares alot of very powerful people, the same people Ron Paul scares. Lets see AP or any other media doing some investigative journalism regarding how much "fakery" there is regarding politicians, their speechs, their tele and ear prompters, their interviews, their...everything!

She pre-screens the questions?!? And what about 99,9% of top politicians out there? And what about the Hollywood actor Barack Oprompter?

charrob...you are very naive...i would expect Ron Paul fans to know blatant, "planned-and-excecuted-by-a-centralized-power" attacks against a person when they see one...

YouTube - A Special Message from Barack Obama's Teleprompter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HQMlFaBeTo)

1:14 - "Hold on a second, i cant hear myself..."

Yeah..."yourself" wouldnt happen to be the "man behind the curtain"...lol...

"uhuhuhuh ahahahaha uhuhuhuhuhu" - Barack Oprompter, during ear prompter failures.

BTW...During Obama´s question from the press, the ear prompter and the "man behind the curtain" are still there, and they have the hability to provide answers in real time. Plus, i wouldnt be surprised, given the standards of journalistic integrity, that all the questions and answers are pre-fabricated. Obama, left to his own devices, couldnt tie his shoelaces, but the "man behind the curtain" is there to help him...

Sometimes i agree with our Elite...the Masses deserve being ruled by a steel toe boot, they cant see sh*t in front of their eyes. :eek:

Want more? This time from the "intertainment class". Douchebag homosexual Maher and douchebag Chris Rock need to work on their "staged interviews passing as real and spontaneous" skills a little more:

YouTube - Bill Maher interviews Chris Rock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxqiY5q9LTk)

4:14 - Notice Maher´s eyes (looking at the prompter) and how he waits for Chris Rock "He said n*gger!" answer...

4:29 - Even more obvious. Maher: "...but i mean..." (notice his eyes and how he clearly waits for Chris Rock answer). Chris Rock: "What you heard? Nicottine?"

So quick-witted they are! "Tele/ear prompter + teams of script and joke writers" witt that is...but you have to sell your soul to the Devil to get those kind of enhancements (and good reviews and marketing) right Chris? Thats how things roll in the show business...And that fake dumb smile? Is that your conscience kicking in? :D

More? Letterman having a failure.

This is how its supposed to look and sound:

YouTube - Mike Singletary vs David Letterman "Go get Robbie Watts finger" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx1o3MVTCzo)

And this is what it really is:

YouTube - Mike Singletary vs David Letterman - Back again :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVU0NuxYGE8)

Ear prompter failure, somebody f*cked up and let the sound of the "man behind the curtain" escape...Loved at 0:56 the lying douchbag going "Who is that?" you know who is that, its the "man behind the curtain" :D And what its true for the intertainment class is true for politicians...its the "man behind the curtain" :D

The media (and politics) work in mysterious ways:

YouTube - Late Show - Where's Joaquin Phoenix? - 2/11/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpYk7WGN5Y)

Must be the "man behind the curtain"...the "man" that is scared and afraid of Ron Paul and Sarah Palin. Pay no attention to the "man behind the curtain"... :D

BlackTerrel
04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Moreover, for Q&A sessions, the document specifies that "the questions are to be collected from the audience in advance, pre-screened and a designated representative...shall ask questions directly of the speaker [Palin] to avoid delay time with a roving microphone in the audience."

I can't see how any can have an issue with this without knowing more information.

Surely she has a right to screen indecent questions or irrelevant questions about her daughter for instance.

Of if 50 questions are asked but she only has time to answer 8 to make sure that it is an even split between economics, domestic policy, foreign policy etc. and all eight aren't on the exact same topic.

I am no fan of Palin but some of these attacks are ridiculous.

speciallyblend
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I can't see how any can have an issue with this without knowing more information.

Surely she has a right to screen indecent questions or irrelevant questions about her daughter for instance.

Of if 50 questions are asked but she only has time to answer 8 to make sure that it is an even split between economics, domestic policy, foreign policy etc. and all eight aren't on the exact same topic.

I am no fan of Palin but some of these attacks are ridiculous.

i would agree with you!! i wonder if palin does pole exercising?? went off subject:)

RM918
04-13-2010, 09:48 PM
true to some extent. But the contract points out the extra "security" etc. that she is getting is because she's considered to be a future republican presidential hopeful for 2012. (And most tea partiers i know want her to be president.) I would hope that the Mitt Romney's, Sarah Palins, etc., would speak from the heart so that the American people can correctly make up their minds about them instead of screening questions prior to any interview. I personally have no respect (and would not listen to) a presidential "hopeful" who needs to have questions "in advance" for an interview. But that's just me.

Very depressing. Well, if anything, if it DID happen Hillary might finally break down and retire.

chadhb
04-13-2010, 09:55 PM

Are you here to spread disinformation? I'm just curious, when making assumptions, you also must take into account past actions, I think there is a bigger picture here, considering the person in question, is a common political whore.

RM918
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Are you here to spread disinformation? I'm just curious, when making assumptions, you also must take into account past actions, I think there is a bigger picture here, considering the person in question, is a common political whore.

Still no reason not to be objective.

charrob
04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Still no reason not to be objective.

this is a university foundation. her speaking engagements require ticket prices that are completely out of reach for Joe MiddleClass. therefore, it is highly unlikely anybody attending these type of events would, say, question her about "her daughter", as was suggested.

Palin knows this. So, let's be honest, this has little to do with a nasty audience trying to "trick" her and more to do with her inability to answer even the most fundamental questions asked.

this is like watching the emperor with no clothes and all (or at least many) of the tea party people screaming that he's wearing a beautiful outfit.

angelatc
04-13-2010, 10:12 PM

That was my thought, too. Everybody who does these speaking (or singing, or acting) gigs has a standard list of accommodations.

This is just people making us look away while they steal more of our money.

silus
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Not sure what the big deal is here. I personally would never fly anything less than a Lear 85. But thats just me.

charrob
04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
...sorry, just realized i forgot to add the source for the article so editted original entry. :confused:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/13/sarah-palin-speaking-cont_n_536165.html#s80800

angelatc
04-13-2010, 10:32 PM
So quick-witted they are! "Tele/ear prompter + teams of script and joke writers" witt that is...but you have to sell your soul to the Devil to get those kind of enhancements (and good reviews and marketing) right Chris? Thats how things roll in the show business...And that fake dumb smile? Is that your conscience kicking in? :D

YouTube - Mike Singletary vs David Letterman "Go get Robbie Watts finger" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx1o3MVTCzo)

YouTube - Mike Singletary vs David Letterman - Back again :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVU0NuxYGE8)

Ear prompter failure, somebody f*cked up and let the sound of the "man behind the curtain" escape...Loved at 0:56 the lying douchbag going "Who is that?" you know who is that, its the "man behind the curtain" :D And what its true for the intertainment class is true for politicians...its the "man behind the curtain" :D

You do know that's not even really Singletary, right?

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/mike%20singletary.jpg

The gag was that the actor, as Singletary, was pretending not to understand the questions, and was yelling things that Singletary has actually bellowed at his players in the past. There wasn't really a time delay or a satellite feed - the actor was backstage, and the feed he was using to get his lines was inadvertently picked up somewhere in the technical process.

Oh screw it - your TV really is watching you.

silus
04-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Once again, the campaign against her is there for all to see. Associated Press making a deal out of this is just a fine example among many...she scares alot of very powerful people, the same people Ron Paul scares. Lets see AP or any other media doing some investigative journalism regarding how much "fakery" there is regarding politicians, their speechs, their tele and ear prompters, their interviews, their...everything!

She pre-screens the questions?!? And what about 99,9% of top politicians out there? And what about the Hollywood actor Barack Oprompter?

charrob...you are very naive...i would expect Ron Paul fans to know blatant, "planned-and-excecuted-by-a-centralized-power" attacks against a person when they see one...

YouTube - A Special Message from Barack Obama's Teleprompter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HQMlFaBeTo)

1:14 - "Hold on a second, i cant hear myself..."

Yeah..."yourself" wouldnt happen to be the "man behind the curtain"...lol...

"uhuhuhuh ahahahaha uhuhuhuhuhu" - Barack Oprompter, during ear prompter failures.

BTW...During Obama´s question from the press, the ear prompter and the "man behind the curtain" are still there, and they have the hability to provide answers in real time. Plus, i wouldnt be surprised, given the standards of journalistic integrity, that all the questions and answers are pre-fabricated. Obama, left to his own devices, couldnt tie his shoelaces, but the "man behind the curtain" is there to help him...

Sometimes i agree with our Elite...the Masses deserve being ruled by a steel toe boot, they cant see sh*t in front of their eyes. :eek:

Want more? This time from the "intertainment class". Douchebag homosexual Maher and douchebag Chris Rock need to work on their "staged interviews passing as real and spontaneous" skills a little more:

YouTube - Bill Maher interviews Chris Rock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxqiY5q9LTk)

4:14 - Notice Maher´s eyes (looking at the prompter) and how he waits for Chris Rock "He said n*gger!" answer...

4:29 - Even more obvious. Maher: "...but i mean..." (notice his eyes and how he clearly waits for Chris Rock answer). Chris Rock: "What you heard? Nicottine?"

The media (and politics) work in mysterious ways:

YouTube - Late Show - Where's Joaquin Phoenix? - 2/11/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpYk7WGN5Y)

Must be the "man behind the curtain"...the "man" that is scared and afraid of Ron Paul and Sarah Palin. Pay no attention to the "man behind the curtain"... :D
Who is she scaring? And what does she believe thats any different from any other republican? And more importantly, why do you make up bullshit similarities between her and Ron Paul? They share nothing in common. Yet you find a way to pretend they both are somehow on the same side?? Pathetic.

And even more pathetic is you avoiding your own point and creating an absolute enormous post which has absolutely no relevancy to this thread.

BlackTerrel
04-13-2010, 11:14 PM

The gag was that the actor, as Singletary, was pretending not to understand the questions, and was yelling things that Singletary has actually bellowed at his players in the past. There wasn't really a time delay or a satellite feed - the actor was backstage, and the feed he was using to get his lines was inadvertently picked up somewhere in the technical process.

Shhhh... you are ruining perfectly good conspiracy theories.

charrob
04-13-2010, 11:43 PM
That was my thought, too. Everybody who does these speaking (or singing, or acting) gigs has a standard list of accommodations.

maybe you're right, and other politicians always have questions pre-screened well in advance of their speaking engagements. i didn't know this, honestly.

in any profession (or at least in most) you are expected to answer un-pre-screened questions, on the fly, intelligibly about the subject area you specialize in. i find it astounding if this is not true for those actively aspiring to be in one of the most important professions in our country: being the President of the U.S. and the leader of the free world.

so the everyday nurse in a hospital, computer programmer in an office, automobile mechanic, electrician, etc. etc., are expected to answer-- on the fly-- questions related to their jobs: however, politicians are exempted from this requirement.

i must admit: this is news to me.

yes, i know, she's not currently a politician: but these constant highly-priced speaking engagements are being "looked at" as if she is a politician (or at least interviewing for the job): many tea-partiers still refer to her as "Governor" Palin, even though she's no longer a governor. You have Ron Paul answering questions on the fly-- but he's being compared to someone who is having her questions pre-screened.

that just does not ride well with me.

silus
04-14-2010, 12:04 AM
She's just just your average millionaire hockey mom from Alaska. No big deal.

charrob
04-14-2010, 12:11 AM
She's just just your average millionaire hockey mom from Alaska. No big deal.

if that's true, then i'm happy for her.

if, however, she's aspiring to be my president, then i applaud those who call her out on issues like only accepting questions presented well in advance of her speaking engagement.

parocks
04-14-2010, 02:38 AM

Maybe the questions aren't screened, but aren't the questioners screened? You ask some nasty questions to Obama, maybe you lose your spot.

parocks
04-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Well, I like Palin, but she does have a habit of not doing a good job of answering questions. It's not good news for her for people to know that she's getting the questions beforehand, but it's good news that she doesn't have to answer any fresh questions.

I think the last time I saw Palin on TV was with Glenn Beck. And she answered the questions as if they were the first time she had heard them.

Lets call that a gift she has. She knows who all the founding fathers are. Everything about all of em. But she didn't want to come across as some knowledge-having ivy league elitist academic. So they ran extensive focus groups and came up with "all of em" as the right answer to preserve Palin's well crafted reputation as someone without any information at all.

I liked her during the campaign and I thought she did great at certain things. She was great at speeches attacking Obama. Phenominal. She was not so good answering questions. I don't understand why her people keep letting her answer questions. Fewer, bigger appearances.

this is a university foundation. her speaking engagements require ticket prices that are completely out of reach for Joe MiddleClass. therefore, it is highly unlikely anybody attending these type of events would, say, question her about "her daughter", as was suggested.

Palin knows this. So, let's be honest, this has little to do with a nasty audience trying to "trick" her and more to do with her inability to answer even the most fundamental questions asked.

this is like watching the emperor with no clothes and all (or at least many) of the tea party people screaming that he's wearing a beautiful outfit.

specsaregood
04-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Are you here to spread disinformation?
Yes, that is my job. Been doing it since the inception of RPFs; and I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids! Now I'll lose my job in the middle of a depression. Thanks a lot pal.

Be careful angelatc, you wouldn't want to get exposed as a "disinfo agent" too. lol

This is just people making us look away while they steal more of our money.
^And now you have the rest of the story.

Matt Collins
04-14-2010, 06:09 AM

I work in the music industry and deal with this sort of stuff all the time. Nothing in the contract was out of line.

You can see some major rock-star contracts here:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/index.html

Danke
04-14-2010, 08:18 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2632/3782491055_a5667ce99e_o.gif

Bruno
04-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Heard this morning on the radio she has earned $12 million since leaving the Governorship. Not bad dough.

furface
04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
"avoid delay time" of course is a reference to the delay time in Palin's head when she's asked a question she doesn't have a canned response to or if one has a big word she would be confused by, for instance "interventionism."

If a political figure like Palin can't handle a crowd full of hostile questions, she has no business being in politics. I guess that's the way our system works, though. Hostile questions are viewed in a similar manner to violent hostilities. No, I take that back. People like Palin can handle violence easier than hard questions. They just steal some more money from the American people to pay for more military violence.

Pete_00
04-14-2010, 08:59 AM

That wasnt Singletary??? No kidding?? :D

The point was to show the power of the ear-prompter.

The TV isnt watching us, its dumbing us down.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/217896/february-04-2009/exclusive---utah-s-3rd

Congressman gets his face full of some white substance (that obviously stings like hell) in a most dishonorable and humiliating way...but there is nothing strange about that right? :D "Its just comedy!" lol...

The "man behind the curtain" is becoming so powerful that sometimes he gets in front of the curtain just for fun and yet people still cant see sh*t... :D

PBrady
04-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Congressman gets his face full of some white substance (that obviously stings like hell) in a most dishonorable and humiliating way...but there is nothing strange about that right? :D "Its just comedy!" lol...

Are...are you serious?

angelatc
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Are...are you serious?

Yeah, he totally is. There's secret messages coming from a box on the corner of his living room, and he's desperately trying to tell us about them.

It's stinging! Didn't you see that?

angelatc
04-14-2010, 02:50 PM
maybe you're right, and other politicians always have questions pre-screened well in advance of their speaking engagements. i didn't know this, honestly.

i

Try asking Al Gore a question about global warming. Try asking John Kerry about his military service.

Nobody here is a Palin fan, but this is standard operating procedure for all of them. Part of it is to eliminate duplicates, part of it is hide their weaknesses on certain issues, part of it is to avoid questions about "When did you stop beating your wife?" part of it is to avoid the birthers and the truthers, and part of it is to avoid the certifiably insane.

Bruno
04-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Try asking Al Gore a question about global warming. Try asking John Kerry about his military service.

Nobody here is a Palin fan, but this is standard operating procedure for all of them. Part of it is to eliminate duplicates, part of it is hide their weaknesses on certain issues, part of it is to avoid questions about "When did you stop beating your wife?" part of it is to avoid the birthers and the truthers, and part of it is to avoid the certifiably insane.

or about Skull and Bones. :eek:

"Don't taze me, bro!"

Pete_00
04-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah, he totally is. There's secret messages coming from a box on the corner of his living room, and he's desperately trying to tell us about them.

It's stinging! Didn't you see that?

Watch the video with Jason Chaffetz and use your brain for once... :D

And watch this interview with Dan Maffei:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/the_colbert_reportmon_thurs.html

Maffei: "I enjoy cocaine because it gives me joy" / "I enjoy the company of prostitutes for the following reasons: it represses women, it's generally illegal ...."

Colbert: "Thats a career ending statement!"

Thank God that was Maffei´s Evil Twin and not the real one...right mr. Colbert? :D

The "man behind the curtain" is having some fun :D

People cant see sh*t in front of their eyes anymore :D