PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on a Rasmussen Poll

eqcitizen
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
So i read this over at the daily paul and got a bit of a smile on my face. Maybe we are starting to break through a bit (or at least making some people very nervous).

From Marsha S.

"Hi all!

Tonight, for the first time ever, I was telephone polled by Rasmussen.

I have always wondered who in the heck gets surveyed, and now I know.

This one was awesome for me to answer.

I did my best to scribble down the questions...

There were 21 of them and #s 12 through 15 were about Ron Paul. Yay!

It said the results would be on the website.

I will list the questions in my own words as best I can remember them.

1. Is the county headed in the right direction?

2. Obama's job performance.

3. Am I a man or a woman?

4. My age.

5. My race.

6. How often do I vote.

7. My party affiliation.

8. If congressional elections were held today would I vote for republicans or democrats.

9. Most important issue for me - National security, economy, domestic, cultural, or fiscal.

10. Rate Obama on the economy.

11. Rate Obama on national security.

12. Favorability rating of Ron Paul.

13. If election held today would I vote for Obama or Ron Paul. (DUH)

14. Is Ron Paul divisive to the Republican party - or can he unite them?

15. Does Ron Paul share the values of Americans.

16. Do I describe myself as liberal or conservative.

17. Give my approval rating of Joe Biden, Reid, Pelosi, Boehner, and McConnell.

18. How much money do I make.

19. Who do I trust to make better decisions - political leaders or American people.

20. Has the federal government become a special interest, putting it's own interests above those of the American people.

21. Something about government and big business - do they work together to the detriment of the American people.

I was really excited to be polled - and to plug RP!"

mczerone
04-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Great that these Qs are being asked, and that you got to answer them!

20. Has the federal government become a special interest, putting it's own interests above those of the American people.

"Has ... become"? This assumes the Nader fallacy, that there was a Golden age before special interests were in charge of Fedgov. No Agency was ever created without original sin of special interests being mostly in charge.

RyanRSheets
04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
If we could ask everyone in America, "What do you think of Ron Paul?" and tabulate the results, I think we would find that the majority of those who know who he is would say they like him. All we need to do to win is prove that we aren't a fringe, 1% or less type of group.

Romulus
04-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Ron Paul
20% of true supporters
20% of supporters to keep a democrat out of office
20% of folks supporting based on the bandwagon effect.

its possible!

BUT the MSM will NOT go along with it. Know that for a fact.

TC95
04-13-2010, 03:09 PM
They sure are asking a lot of questions about Ron Paul. They must be scared. Good. :D

gls
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I wonder who paid for this poll? Is it possible Rasmussen is just running it for research/publicity purposes?

KramerDSP
04-13-2010, 03:30 PM
I would love to know the results of this poll.

specsaregood
04-14-2010, 08:31 AM
I would love to know the results of this poll.

Bump:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2644539

Epic
04-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Rasmussen poll coming out today, possible showing Ron Paul just down 1 point?

CONFIRMED
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41

While 58% of Mainstream voters favor Paul, 95% of the Political Class vote for Obama.

Obama earns 79% support from Democrats, but Paul gets just 66% of GOP votes. Voters not affiliated with either major party give Paul a 47% to 28% edge over the president.

WorldonaString
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM
This is great! But whats with the "political class" reference?

And I'm also mighty curious as to how this poll came to be.

RoamZero
04-14-2010, 10:00 AM
What made Rasmussen decide to ask the questions about Paul? Was it commissioned by some third party? Seems awfully unusual to single Paul out, as opposed to someone like Gingrich or Palin or Romney. Maybe this is a smear that backfired? My guess is that Rasmussen will go through all the potential candidates but went with Paul first to make his results a more distant memory.

Jack Bauer
04-14-2010, 10:12 AM
What made Rasmussen decide to ask the questions about Paul? Was it commissioned by some third party? Seems awfully unusual to single Paul out, as opposed to someone like Gingrich or Palin or Romney. Maybe this is a smear that backfired? My guess is that Rasmussen will go through all the potential candidates but went with Paul first to make his results a more distant memory.

CPAC Winner.

SRLC Runner Up by just 1 vote.

Who else would they single out?

Zack
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
This is great! But whats with the "political class" reference?

And I'm also mighty curious as to how this poll came to be.

I'm also curious about how this poll came to be. It was really an Obama vs Paul poll. Kind of shocking, yet awesome.

To answer your first question, the political class is decided based on the few people who actually answer those last 3 questions the wrong way. Frankly, I don't see Paul getting much more than that same 5% of that vote, so education is needed to shrink the size of that group in general.

since a majority clearly hold skeptical views about the ruling elites, we now label the groups Mainstream and Political Class.

The questions used to calculate the Index are:

-- Generally speaking, when it comes to important national issues, whose judgment do you trust more - the American people or America’s political leaders?

-- Some people believe that the federal government has become a special interest group that looks out primarily for its own interests. Has the federal government become a special interest group?

-- Do government and big business often work together in ways that hurt consumers and investors?