PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul VS Rudy #2 on CNN Political Ticker

wmullen36
10-10-2007, 04:55 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/10/09/paul-giuliani-exchange-sharp-words-over-911/#comments

Back Paul Up with great comments....:D

Ridiculous
10-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Paul's comment was kind of a mistake. What about Pear Harbor? The Japanese attacked us.

I didn't think his comment was the best choice of words.

Harry96
10-10-2007, 05:07 AM
No, he said we had never faced a situation where we knew about an imminent attack beforehand, where there wasn't time to ask Congress for a declaration of war.

beermotor
10-10-2007, 05:08 AM
How was that a mistake? WE DECLARED WAR ON THE JAPS. Are you suggesting that we should have preemptively hit Japan to stop Pearl Harbor? His comment was perfect, right on.

Ron Paul Fan
10-10-2007, 05:10 AM
No, he said we had never faced a situation where we knew about an imminent attack beforehand, where there wasn't time to ask Congress for a declaration of war.

Correct. The definition of imminent is "likely to occur at any moment or impending." The attack on Pearl Harbor was a sneak attack and 9/11 was a big shock. The idea that the Iranians could bring their army over here and take over the U.S. is proposterous. That's what Dr. Paul meant.

literatim
10-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Paul's comment was kind of a mistake. What about Pear Harbor? The Japanese attacked us.

That wasn't an imminent attack. That was a "sneak attack" by modern history. An imminent attack is if Canada is marching troops to our border.

Ridiculous
10-10-2007, 05:18 AM
That wasn't an imminent attack. That was a "sneak attack" by modern history. An imminent attack is if Canada is marching troops to our border.

Ok, I concede. It makes sense by that logic.

DeepBlu
10-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Right, but like you originally said, maybe it wasn't the best choice of words.

bighairycaveman
10-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Hawaii wasn't even a state until 1959, so pearl harbor wasn't necessarily an imminent attack on our country.... Pearl Harbor was just another one of our military bases in other parts of the world. SO as always, Paul is right.

sunny
10-10-2007, 07:02 AM

roosevelt (et al) let that attack happen. he knew about it in advance.
it was to obtain the anger of the american people so that america could be drawn
into the war against germany.
read griffin's book for starters where he speaks of this.

FrankRep
10-10-2007, 07:04 AM
http://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/rudypaul_dees.jpg

MsDoodahs
10-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Frank I Love That Pic!!!

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 07:32 AM
I don't recall exactly what Rudy said, but he said something like maybe we should have attacked Afghanistan or Pakistan and 911 would never have happened. This was a perfect opportunity for him to be called on the carpet about not only foreknowledge and ineptitude in our government, but also for him to be asked why in the hell we are in Iraq, if it was select people in Afghanistan and Pakistan who were responsible.

We all noticed it, but I'm wondering if the general populace did. I was so hoping Dr. Paul would lay him out on this.

ItsTime
10-10-2007, 07:33 AM
wow no mention of how they shut off his mic and not let him rebutt it.

micahnelson
10-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Guys, Ron Paul said we havent had an attack on this country that required military action without time for Congressional Approval.

Pearl Harbor- We HAD congressional approval
9/11- Not an attack by a nation, therefore declaration of war impossible

To answer Rudy about his Afghanistan/Pakistan comment- attacking them in the weeks before 9/11 wouldn't have stopped 9/11.

speciallyblend
10-10-2007, 07:45 AM

The question was about Iran and attacking.
Did Iran attack us yet,let me know if they did

noxagol
10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Hawaii wasn't even a state until 1959, so pearl harbor wasn't necessarily an imminent attack on our country.... Pearl Harbor was just another one of our military bases in other parts of the world. SO as always, Paul is right.

I think it was a territory at that time though.

quickmike
10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/10/09/paul-giuliani-exchange-sharp-words-over-911/#comments

Back Paul Up with great comments....:D

I just had to comment on this one. Most backed up what Ron said, but a few were Rudy supporters.

My comment:

"Well, I think it was kind of organized in Afghanistan and Pakistan," Giuliani said.

Ok, so by that 3rd grade level reasoning, we should be going to war with our own country when Timothy McVeigh "organized" the attack in Oklahoma? How stupid does Rudy think the american people are anyway?

Rudy gets the vote of the scared little american sucking his thumb in the corner, worried about the next attack on our country. Ron Paul gets the vote of the american who values his freedom over big daddy government providing security at the cost of liberty.

Simple choice if you ask me.

Ron Paul 2008

jgmaynard
10-10-2007, 08:11 AM
An imminent attack is if Canada is marching troops to our border.

Ah! I thought that was the definition of hilarious.... LOL.

So de Canadians dere, dey are coming to take over, eh? So like all you hosers put up pictures of Michael J. Fox and blast Rush, da band not da talk show host dere, eh? :O)

JM

P.S. I'm of full blooded Canadian ancestory, so I get to make those jokes. :O)

fj45lvr
10-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Wonder why we didn't do a damn thing to the only middle east nation that has lied to us and developed a secret WMD program of chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons without any inspections????

Well I guess they all believe that secret weapons programs are really just fine and dandy after all.

AdamT
10-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Comments are about 12 to one in favor of Paul.

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 08:28 AM
///

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 08:29 AM
wow no mention of how they shut off his mic and not let him rebutt it.

Where are you getting this from? Are you sure of this?

Brutus
10-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Ok, so by that 3rd grade level reasoning, we should be going to war with our own country when Timothy McVeigh "organized" the attack in Oklahoma? How stupid does Rudy think the american people are anyway?

Isn't that really what IS happening? We're being spied on, our money is taken against our will, our real property is seized, etc? So far the troops aren't actively wandering through our streets plugging us, but that didn't happen during the Cold War either (but that was not a declared war either).

steph3n
10-10-2007, 08:30 AM
some merit to it, I was unable to hear what was said and it made no sense what Guiliani replied too till I read the transcripts online.

Where are you getting this from? Are you sure of this?

Mani
10-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm reading Rudy's comments.

...Well, I think it was kind of organized in Afghanistan and Pakistan," Giuliani said. "And if we had known about it, maybe — maybe hitting a target there, quickly, might have helped prevent it."

Is he basically saying we should have bombed Pakistan???

Because some terrorists were organizing there???