PDA

View Full Version : Should have been done years ago. Educate the masses some more.

american.swan
04-13-2010, 12:54 AM
There is a vast library of audio books and videos explaining Austrian Economics on Youtube provided by the Von Mises Institute and a few other sources. Sadly though most American's don't want to sit down and watch some dry lecture. We aren't normal. We don't mind dry lectures at a rate far higher than the average citizen. Let's cut to the meat of the matter. We need Youtube/Viral videos depicting Austrian Economics in action. The famous rap video was a nice start, but it won't have as much of an impact as actors on a stage. We need 10 minute skits showing a business owner firing his worker and that worker being confused and sad until the smart libertarian free market junkie behind the cash register at the local 24 hour 7-eleven explains why he was fired. We need business owners visiting the 7-eleven complaining about rising taxes and lower profits. We need to have a political rallies outside the door of the 7-eleven while the free-market junkie explains to the unemployed customers why he wouldn't vote for that party. Whatever, come on. This is WAY OVER DUE.

These skits could end up being talked about on CNN and the BBC. COME ON...Let's work on scripts...who has time and cameras.... We can rock the USA with this kind of in your face education.

american.swan
04-13-2010, 01:02 AM
::Characters::
Business owner
Employed
Unemployed
Poor
Bleeding Heart Government
NeoCon Government
Central Banker

If I had the resources I'd produce and act out most of these characters myself.

american.swan
04-13-2010, 01:06 AM
I really believe these videos, distributed well, viral perhaps, could change peoples votes and change America. Fox Business would likely talk about them. NeoCon's would try to get them banned and be backed into explaining how the videos are wrong.

Schiff would have to try to lose if primary voters understood.