PDA

View Full Version : Michael Steele reached out to us and Ron Paul...should we reach out to Steele?

tajitj
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Two videos have surfaced today of our good Dr., ......Dr. Ron Paul basically defending RNC Chairman Michael Steele and saying he reached out to him and it sounds as if Steele is somewhat interested in understanding us.

The first video comes from CNN's American Morning, where Dr. Paul was a guest. CNN.com's Political Ticker (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/12/ron-paul-backs-steele-at-rnc/?fbid=LW_6CDNSQE8) picked it up and has the video.

Also, near the very end of this video at HotAir.com, Dr. Paul talks about the RNC Chairman.

YouTube - Ron Paul Q&A at SRLC, part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpLsCrXEec8&feature=player_embedded#)

So should we contact Steel with emails or calls giving him our stance and reaching out to him?

I am inclined to think that many in the high ranks of the GOP do not know what they really believe. If some in the leadership believe it is in their political interest they could start to reverse some of their most damaging positions, in order to tap into the American people, then they will.

I think sometimes we forget these men are politicians first, men second. If the American, or large numbers in their own party are polling a certain way on foreign spending, or govt stomping of civil liberties, they will respond.

Imagine if a high ranking traditional neocon leader claimed to have a rebirth and is considering a change in his foreign policy stance.

If don't know of any way to contact Steele, other than his little blog at GOP.com (http://www.gop.com/index.php/chairman_steele/comments/pulse_of_the_partya), or contacting the RNC directly at

Republican National Committee
310 First Street, SE
Washington, DC 20003
info@gop.com
p 202.863.8500 | f 202.863.8820

It is worth a shot, I am just putting it out there and will call the RNC until I get a human to offer my peace deal. They can not keep ignoring the fact that Ron Paul is doing very well in their little GOP gatherings, meant for only the elites to give speeches.

I want to also give Dr. Paul credit, he convinced us to stay in the party and started the C4L to help us organize for events like the SRLC.

Philhelm
04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Yes, it is better to influence others to support Paul rather than to alienate people. Today's Ron Paul hater could be tomorrow's Ron Paul fanatic.

american.swan
04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I think we should embrace whatever help we can get, WITHOUT COMPROMISING OUR POSITIONS. Ron Paul is being as nice as he can; we should be too. Think about what Dr Ron really said. Nothing. Steele is between a rock and a hard place. His NEOCON friends are being destroyed and he needs photo time with Dr. Ron more than any other GOP Chairman ever. Dr. Ron can't be ignored. Steele needs the good Dr. more than EVER. Ron isn't going to compromise and neither should we.

NO COMPROMISING!!!

speciallyblend
04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
I think we should embrace whatever help we can get, WITHOUT COMPROMISING OUR POSITIONS. Ron Paul is being as nice as he can; we should be too. Think about what Dr Ron really said. Nothing. Steele is between a rock and a hard place. His NEOCON friends are being destroyed and he needs photo time with Dr. Ron more than any other GOP Chairman ever. Dr. Ron can't be ignored. Steele needs the good Dr. more than EVER. Ron isn't going to compromise and neither should we.

NO COMPROMISING!!!

i try but i will never trust steele or the establishment gop until Ron Paul is in the White House!!

Ron Paul 2012

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Let Ron Paul work with Steele. Aren't all of you political junkies working within the GOP to replace the GOP leadership? Why would you suck up to the political insiders you are working to eliminate? Don't bow down to people who will say anything to retain their illusions of power.

tajitj
04-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Aren't all of you political junkies working within the GOP to replace the GOP leadership? Why would you suck up to the political insiders you are working to eliminate? Don't bow down to people who will say anything to retain their illusions of power.

Who says we can't do both?

Matt Collins
04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
It's hard to tell if Steele is pandering or if he is genuine. His rhetoric lately has been good, but maybe his goal is just for party unity which is why he is reaching out to us?

american.swan
04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
i try but i will never trust steele or the establishment gop until Ron Paul is in the White House!!

Ron Paul 2012

I genuinely wouldn't walk down a dark ally with any establishment member of either party.

CUnknown
04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
A sudden thought struck me just now, and if I was more of a conspiracy theorist, I'd probably believe my instincts more. I'm not sure I believe this, but is it possible that Steele is sort of a fall guy? Are they just setting him up to fail? Especially after he congratulated Paul on his CPAC poll victory, perhaps the other powers-that-be in the party noticed that? Is their condemnation of Steele perhaps just as much to do with this, rather than the money wasted on bondage clubs itself?

I'm starting to wonder what's going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

We've got a Republican party being torn apart before our eyes, that much we know. Ron Paul is one of the major focal points here, and the powers-that-be understand this, don't doubt it. He represents a resurgence of true Republican philosophy that the neo-cons thought long dead and buried.... and he's winning prestigious straw polls left and right? Don't doubt that Karl Rove and his bunch is flipping out over this privately. They must have been pissed when Steele congratulated Paul... they, I assume, wanted him to snub Paul and talk patronizingly about how these punk kids will vote for real Republicans when they grow up like Bill Kristol did (paraphrasing of course).

Maybe I am seeing things that aren't there on this one, but I'm just wondering why they're not more supportive of their chairman. I mean, corruption can't be something new for RNC chairmen, right? ;)

Edit: Oh, yes, I meant also to say that by all means we should reach out to anyone who even just pays lip service to our side. That's actually part of what we're fighting for, is respect in the Republican party, respect for the ideas. It doesn't so much matter if Steele is sincere or not, to me. Getting lip service is actually a victory, it's way more than Paul had in the 2008 primaries when they treated him more like a punching bag than a statesman.

american.swan
04-12-2010, 07:33 PM
A sudden thought struck me just now, and if I was more of a conspiracy theorist, I'd probably believe my instincts more. I'm not sure I believe this, but is it possible that Steele is sort of a fall guy? Are they just setting him up to fail? Especially after he congratulated Paul on his CPAC poll victory, perhaps the other powers-that-be in the party noticed that? Is their condemnation of Steele perhaps just as much to do with this, rather than the money wasted on bondage clubs itself?

I'm starting to wonder what's going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

We've got a Republican party being torn apart before our eyes, that much we know. Ron Paul is one of the major focal points here, and the powers-that-be understand this, don't doubt it. He represents a resurgence of true Republican philosophy that the neo-cons thought long dead and buried.... and he's winning prestigious straw polls left and right? Don't doubt that Karl Rove and his bunch is flipping out over this privately. They must have been pissed when Steele congratulated Paul... they, I assume, wanted him to snub Paul and talk patronizingly about how these punk kids will vote for real Republicans when they grow up like Bill Kristol did (paraphrasing of course).

Maybe I am seeing things that aren't there on this one, but I'm just wondering why they're not more supportive of their chairman. I mean, corruption can't be something new for RNC chairmen, right? ;)

There are no accidents in politics. We saw that with the SC governor and his secret affair. We might assume this "club" activity is par for the course and the only reason it was reported on was solely to get rid of a chairman who is getting too chummy with the opposition. Steele clearly is supposed to follow a NEOcon script and maybe they don't like how he's not following it quite right. At the same time wouldn't it be good to get in close with Paul to help steer the movement in the NEOCON direction?

AlexMerced
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Hey, if make an ally out of steele, who doesn't have many allies in the party, he'd essentially owe us, and a favor from the RNC chairman isn't abad favor to have in the reserves.

specsaregood
04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I genuinely wouldn't walk down a dark ally with any establishment member of either party.

I dunno, I don't think they would want to do that with some of us.

gls
04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
If a candidate advocates limited government with conviction and credibility, he or she will get my support. As I see it the problem is that the GOP establishment is trying to hijack our message. When the same old crooks and imbeciles whose actions have brought the U.S. to the brink start sounding like "libertarians", we've got a problem. Sure, some of them may be sincere in their philosophical conversions, but most politicians are slimy opportunists who will say anything to get elected and continue catering to special interests once in office.

CUnknown
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM
If a candidate advocates limited government with conviction and credibility, he or she will get my support.

None of us should do any different. Playing politics is for politicians, not the grassroots. In the ballot box we should absolutely stick to our guns. A friendly call or e-mail couldn't hurt though.

When the same old crooks and imbeciles whose actions have brought the U.S. to the brink start sounding like "libertarians", we've got a problem.

This is actually a good sign, though. It means we are winning the war of words. It's not good in that, these crooks are going to continue their ways as long as they can fool people, but it's good in that we're forcing them to change what they say. Take the wars or the Fed or something... right now the powers-that-be say nothing bad about the Fed, pretty much ever. The Fed is winning the war of words. When we start winning, the politicians will be forced to say bad things about the Fed "We need an audit!" or something... even if they never plan to carry one out.

So, we want to win, and we'll go through this phase where they just lie... but that's way better than them just telling us straight up stuff like "All options, even a nuclear first-strike, are on the table regarding Iran" or "Monetary policy is too important to be left up to Congress."

We shouldn't allow ourselves to be fooled by liars, but winning the war of words is definitely on the path towards where we want to go.

MN Patriot
04-12-2010, 09:10 PM
What a bunch of suckers. All the Republican Party wants is your vote. After that, they will continue raping you economically and politically. They want the reins of power, so that they can continue paying off their big business cronies with subsidies and bailouts. Here is absolute proof they don't really care about liberty: there are no Republicans (besides Ron Paul) who proposes ending the income tax. We are their slaves, that is how they view us.

This is why we need to go third party. If any Republicans agree with liberty, let them join us.

Both old parties are owned by the big business establishment, and they are trying to appease the rebellious slaves. The last thing they want is for us to go third party and actually challenge their authority. They are desperately trying to undermine/take over the Tea Party movement We should be calling the shots, not them.

gls
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
None of us should do any different. Playing politics is for politicians, not the grassroots. In the ballot box we should absolutely stick to our guns. A friendly call or e-mail couldn't hurt though.

This is actually a good sign, though. It means we are winning the war of words. It's not good in that, these crooks are going to continue their ways as long as they can fool people, but it's good in that we're forcing them to change what they say. Take the wars or the Fed or something... right now the powers-that-be say nothing bad about the Fed, pretty much ever. The Fed is winning the war of words. When we start winning, the politicians will be forced to say bad things about the Fed "We need an audit!" or something... even if they never plan to carry one out.

So, we want to win, and we'll go through this phase where they just lie... but that's way better than them just telling us straight up stuff like "All options, even a nuclear first-strike, are on the table regarding Iran" or "Monetary policy is too important to be left up to Congress."

We shouldn't allow ourselves to be fooled by liars, but winning the war of words is definitely on the path towards where we want to go.

It is a fine line. My fear is that they will takeover and tarnish the libertarian "brand". The American electorate isn't sophisticated enough to distinguish between what the politicians say and what they do. At least it has never shown itself to be in the past.

speciallyblend
04-12-2010, 09:58 PM
What a bunch of suckers. All the Republican Party wants is your vote. After that, they will continue raping you economically and politically. They want the reins of power, so that they can continue paying off their big business cronies with subsidies and bailouts. Here is absolute proof they don't really care about liberty: there are no Republicans (besides Ron Paul) who proposes ending the income tax. We are their slaves, that is how they view us.

This is why we need to go third party. If any Republicans agree with liberty, let them join us.

Both old parties are owned by the big business establishment, and they are trying to appease the rebellious slaves. The last thing they want is for us to go third party and actually challenge their authority. They are desperately trying to undermine/take over the Tea Party movement We should be calling the shots, not them.

i do hear you but in our county a ron paul republican won by a margin of 16-9 out of 25 folks. Just 2 votes from outright winning. We are winning inside the gop or we wouldn't of won the delegate vote 16-9 in favor of a ron paul republican over a well known establishment local candidate!!;)

In Colorado the neo-cons do not control our Tea Party;) it is run by Liberty Ron Paul supporters ffrom all parties!!

2010 is our yr,no need to wait for 2012;) in the end if the gop doesn;t shape up they will become a 3rd party as a new party rises and the gop falls,kinda up to the gop;) the gop has 2 options follow us or get out of the way!!