PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Ron bring up the IRS at the debate?

Starks
10-10-2007, 03:33 AM
I'm extremely disappointed that he didn't shove it in there with the little time he had.

SouthernGuy15
10-10-2007, 03:36 AM
The problem is that Ron Paul is a FANTASTIC candidate, but a little too polite for his own good sometimes. He should have tried to fit it in there.

theseus51
10-10-2007, 03:36 AM
Because it sounds radical and "crazy" if you don't have at least a few minutes to explain it. I mean try explain in 15 seconds why we should eliminate the IRS to a normal person (and save the other 15 seconds to answer the actual question). You can't possibly put to rest most of the major potential objections someone might think of when you make a blanket statement like "eliminate the IRS" in such a short period of time.

Plus his main issue is monetary policy, ever since his first run for Congress. Like I'm pretty sure he views that as a bigger threat, the devaluing of our paper federal reserve notes, created out of thin air, backed by nothing.

BarryDonegan
10-10-2007, 03:43 AM
he was asked 5 questions, all of which it would've been non sequiter for.

he's smart about the fact that he has to take contrarian positions at the debate, otherwise he won't get talking points across. when hes attacked he gets headlines and extra response time.

Ron Paul Fan
10-10-2007, 03:54 AM
No time. They directly asked Huckabee about getting rid of the IRS so he got to go on for a minute about it. Paul got asked about monetary policy which he nailed, Iraq being about oil which he nailed, whether or not the President needs Congressional authority to go to war which he again nailed, Dubai owning 20% of NASDAQ, how he would win back Americans on the economy, unions, and whether or not he would support the Republican nominee. He did say in one of the responses that we were overtaxed, but he didn't really have time to go into a monologue about the IRS. Sometimes they were cutting him off before his 30 seconds were up, while they let Rudy blab on about September 11th.

This was one of Dr. Paul's better debates in the little time he had. He was more composed like a lot of people on here wanted, but he was aggressive when he had to be and even got some jabs in at Romney and Hunter. He emphasized how the Iraq war and our foreign policy is killing us economically which was good. But people will always nitpick I guess.