PDA

View Full Version : Hotair: Ron Paul only candidate to talk to media at SRLC

Agorism
04-12-2010, 11:10 AM
link to video. (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/04/12/video-ron-pauls-qa-with-the-srlc-media)

Is trying to get Paul included in the Voters Values Summit really such a bad idea?

This all seems like good press to me.

Matt Collins
04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Yeah Ron was in a great mood Saturday.

John Taylor
04-12-2010, 11:21 AM
link to video. (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/04/12/video-ron-pauls-qa-with-the-srlc-media)

Is trying to get Paul included in the Voters Values Summit really such a bad idea?

This all seems like good press to me.

Let's get him in as many forums as possible!

Agorism
04-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Voter Values Summit invite? (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/131444)

angelatc
04-12-2010, 12:09 PM
For those of us that would rather not wade into the Hot Air inbreds:

YouTube - Ron Paul Q&A at SRLC, part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpD8-YIh6w)
YouTube - Ron Paul Q&A at SRLC, part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpLsCrXEec8)

Anti Federalist
04-12-2010, 12:14 PM
For those of us that would rather not wade into the Hot Air inbreds

Having no desire to sully myself in the HotAir pigpen nor the net capability to watch video I am at a loss as to what the hubbub is.

Are the HotAir natives raising hell because the media only talked to Ron?

Or because of his answers?

Or the questions they asked?

Quick thumbnail plz.

RM918
04-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Comments are disgusting. It's good the author treated him like an adult for once, but their 'blowback' (Hilarious they call it that, when they refuse to even acknowledge its effect on 9/11 and the wars) is like a bunch of poorly-trained monkeys tossing shit at each other. They even come up with a German nickname, like he's a Nazi. The guy that wants to get rid of government interference in everybody's lives is a Nazi? These people are hopeless.

To answer AF, you'll see the occasional 'Well, I guess stupid Paultard Ronulan etc. broken clock's right for once, but he's still crazy and racist and stupid and shit'. But mostly they're just jumping on him, slinging vitriol at him and us.

Anti Federalist
04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Comments are disgusting. It's good the author treated him like an adult for once, but their 'blowback' (Hilarious they call it that, when they refuse to even acknowledge its effect on 9/11 and the wars) is like a bunch of poorly-trained monkeys tossing shit at each other. They even come up with a German nickname, like he's a Nazi. The guy that wants to get rid of government interference in everybody's lives is a Nazi? These people are hopeless.

Ah, shit, now you've done it.

Like a train wreck or a car crash on the freeway, I cannot avert my eyes.

<clicks link - reading comments.

ETA -

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/17/128844541921667827.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/dundanim/dundanim0809/dundanim080900003/3558927.jpg

amy31416
04-12-2010, 12:22 PM

<clicks link - reading comments.

Copy & paste if possible--I hate giving them traffic, yet my curiosity often overpowers that.

Cowlesy
04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Ed Morrissey mentioning Ron Paul with even a modicum of respect........

@#($)@#*$....a 400lbs sow just flew by my office!!!!!!!!!!!!

angelatc
04-12-2010, 12:25 PM
The comment about Social Security pissed me off. It's really pretty obvious they didn't actually watch the video...

RM918
04-12-2010, 12:28 PM
The comment about Social Security pissed me off. It's really pretty obvious they didn't actually watch the video...

Exactly, they think he'd just pull the rug out from everyone on entitlements after one day. They don't even bother.

I suppose I should really stop reading the comments there, but I guess I'm a masochist.

Anti Federalist
04-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Copy & paste if possible--I hate giving them traffic, yet my curiosity often overpowers that.

Since this boat sat is routing through some Mongolian or Nigerian server, I doubt it will matter if I do.

<Wades in...

Anti Federalist
04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Paul has bought off the voters in his district with 31+ Billion dollars in pork. In the last primary, that came to over 150 million dollars per vote.

Let him swear off his pork addition for the rest of his term, and we’ll see how popular he really is next time.

Rebar on April 12, 2010 at 1:48 PM

//

And, if Ron Paul said

“the Earth is round,”

one could readily agree with the toxic nutcase,
but it would still give me no reason whatsoever
for giving him publicity – much less legitimacy - on an otherwise respectable blog.

Lockstein13 on April 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM

//

In the real election, Paul got 5% of the republican primary vote and won zero states.

All the straw polls in the world cannot change the fact – Paul the RINO nutjob cannot and will not win, ever.

In fact even the very few republicans who supported him last time, are pretty pissed off at his being a spoiler for the democrats, when he refused to give up even though he clearly lost, then endorsing some 3rd party nobody.

His only purpose now, is to continue fleecing his cult members for his personal profit, and of course being the attention whore he so loves being.

Rebar on April 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM

//

Why, why is anyone still giving this crank the time of day?

Oh, he sounds good on X issue. Well so do a number of pols – without all the associated nutjobbery, ties to ‘questionable’ elements, etc.

catmman on April 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM
+1

Plus, why is everyone fixated on the CPAC and SRLC straw polls??? It’s not like they are anything other than a small number of self-selected activists. Worse by far than a simple Hot Air poll.

Clark1 on April 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM

That's enough, you want anymore ya gotta go get 'em yourself.

Mini-Me
04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Ed Morrissey mentioning Ron Paul with even a modicum of respect........

@#($)@#*$....a 400lbs sow just flew by my office!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 400lb sow just flew by? You must be mistaken.

It must have flown by hours and hours ago, because I live nowhere near you, and I just shot it down for dinner.
:)

amy31416
04-12-2010, 12:43 PM
//

That's enough, you want anymore ya gotta go get 'em yourself.

Nope. That's plenty to keep me from trodding upon their turf. Thanks.

In happier news, one of RP's quotes from the 2nd video on how he was booed by a Huckabee supporter:

"Used to be that they didn't even think I was worth booing." :p

He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!

Anti Federalist
04-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Nope. That's plenty to keep me from trodding upon their turf. Thanks.

In happier news, one of RP's quotes from the 2nd video on how he was booed by a Huckabee supporter:

"Used to be that they didn't even think I was worth booing." :p

He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!

Ron Paul 2012 :D

Anti Federalist
04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
A 400lb sow just flew by? You must be mistaken.

It must have flown by hours and hours ago, because I live nowhere near you, and I just shot it down for dinner.
:)

LOL - They are being spotted all over the place.

http://blogs.trb.com/music/blog/piccoli/pig_chimney.jpg

Philhelm
04-12-2010, 02:33 PM
LOL - They are being spotted all over the place.

http://blogs.trb.com/music/blog/piccoli/pig_chimney.jpg

Uh oh...is that one of those Mitt Romney piggy-banks? :eek:

freshjiva
04-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Although we all know Ron Paul isn't the greatest of public speakers, I've noticed he does much better at articulating his ideas in a personalized Q&A format rather than delivering one-way speeches.

I always thought his personal interviews were great, but speeches were always meh...

tremendoustie
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Uh oh...is that one of those Mitt Romney piggy-banks? :eek:

It's so empty it's floating away. He even spent the air inside it.

speciallyblend
04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Although we all know Ron Paul isn't the greatest of public speakers, I've noticed he does much better at articulating his ideas in a personalized Q&A format rather than delivering one-way speeches.

I always thought his personal interviews were great, but speeches were always meh...

remember the root of the problem is not Ron Paul but the failed gop establishment! Ron Paul does fine on many levels. It is the failed gop establishment that seems intent on shooting itself in the foot and if the gop does not change their ways soon. they will not have any feet left to shoot!!

the gop needs to realize that god has worked a miracle or i wouldn't be a registered republican;)

Anti Federalist
04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
It's so empty it's floating away. He even spent the air inside it.

Lolz :D

Lucille
04-12-2010, 07:38 PM
That last line of his? FLOVE!:

"[P]ersonal liberty is our salvation, not the destruction of mankind."

How can you not love this guy? HOW?!

Thanks so much for saving me from going into the den of inbred (heh) warmongers and embedding these, Angela! They guzzle the Paul haterade by the gallon over there! MY EYES!

Kudos to Ed for showing a modicum of respect toward Ron. I bet he didn't like hearing how his glorious, progressive nation-building misadventures would come to an end whether they want them to or not.