PDA

View Full Version : They're Invading Iran in March

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 01:31 AM
For the most part, the majority of us feel the constant date changes for the state primaries are because they want to limit the growth of Ron Paul's campaign. This may be true, but I think the following is the main reason:

They know if they invade Iran before the primaries, Ron Paul is almost guaranteed to win the Republican nomination. This they fear greatly.
Because they want to invade Iran as soon as possible, they are instead manipulating all the primaries to be sooner.
Once the bulk of the primaries are held and Romney/Giuliani wins, they will then launch a full-scale invasion of Iran.

Based on the new primary dates of January and February, they could easily be planning for a full-scale invasion of Iran sometime in March.

Vote in the poll and post comments and opinions here because I haven't heard this possibility posted anywhere.

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Even the people that think I'm crazy have to give me this: If they invade Iran before the primaries, it will jar the voters awake and they will all vote for Ron Paul.

Also, this would fully explain why some states are completely ignoring the Democrats who have rules about primaries held before February 5th

Grandson of Liberty
10-10-2007, 01:42 AM
Even the people that think I'm crazy have to give me this though: If they invade Iran before the primaries, it will jar the voters awake and they will all vote for Ron Paul.

Perhaps, although I think it entirely possible an event occurs before Super Tuesday that causes a vast majority of Americans to go "Rah, Rah- let's go to war with those bastards!"

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Perhaps, although I think it entirely possible an event occurs before Super Tuesday that causes a vast majority of Americans to go "Rah, Rah- let's go to war with those bastards!"

I think enough Americans doubt the official version of some other events that any new "events" might backfire on them.

ButchHowdy
10-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Gates and Fallon aren't necessarily buying into this propaganda and may be our best hope:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/07/wiran307.xml

Broadlighter
10-10-2007, 02:02 AM
If they invade in March, say hello to Hillary.

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 02:08 AM
If they invade in March, say hello to Hillary.

Yes, but what if "they" WANT Hillary? They just have to do everything possible to prevent Ron Paul from winning the nomination because he is the only one that can beat Hillary.

trispear
10-10-2007, 02:15 AM
I read, in the Washington Post, I think, that Cheney is pushing as hard as he can behind the scenes to have an Iran invasion happen.

I don't believe this has to happen after the primaries. There are reports of Bush priming Clinton on events so if she is elected, there can be a seamless transition. As such, I believe Bush does not care who his sucessor is, since he thinks it will be a Neo-con or Neo-lib either way and because his party has forsaken him the past year he became indifferent as well.

The old media and the administration believes its own lies that Ron Paul is unelectable anyway.

Bush would want a timetable of more than half-a-year to really entrench us there. There might be unsuspected delays, and being so close to the edge would be unacceptable.

If an invasion were coming, I would look at a time when Congress is on leave/vacation. This will give Congress an excuse for not convening and giving Bush the proper breathing room.

I suspect war will commence in one of two scenarios: 1) We will bomb them, explaining the attack as a strike against Iran's nuclear program. Bombing will commence. The country will erupt into chaos. Army moves in. 2) An army unit will be given orders to follow any Iranian hostiles over the border. We will breach their border, until it provokes them into action or threats.

As for Cheney, he cares only about carrying his foreign policy through. He sees it as his duty or something. He cares nothing about party. Both are the same to him.

I hope this doesn't come to pass, but I can only pray.

Ozwest
10-10-2007, 02:17 AM

This is true.

Paulitician
10-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Sounds plausible, but then again many other things sound plausible. I don't think it's about Ron Paul though. He isn't the threat some of you would like to believe he is... yet.

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 02:24 AM

With 70% of Americans against the Iraq war, a war with Iran could be the breaking point for the other 30%. Also, this would motivate everyone to exercise their voting rights and they would choose Ron Paul.

Also for the "Rah, Rah" factor they would need an excuse, and I don't see how they could justify any attack on Iran unless Iran did something like attack Israel (which they would not do because they know we're looking for any excuse to attack them right now)

Corydoras
10-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Yes, but what if "they" WANT Hillary?

Maybe the Republicans would like to drop this hot potato in Hillary's lap. I've thought about that a lot-- they could spend decades talking about how Democrats prolong useless wars like Vietnam and Iraq, blah blah.

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Maybe the Republicans would like to drop this hot potato in Hillary's lap. I've thought about that a lot-- they could spend decades talking about how Democrats prolong useless wars like Vietnam and Iraq, blah blah.

I personally feel the Democrats won't do shit about Iran either. They haven't done anything to get the troops out of Iraq since they were put in office. In fact, there has been a massive INCREASE of troops since they took control of Congress.

Broadlighter
10-10-2007, 03:00 AM
PuHasn't it been the Democrats who've been calling for a Draft for the Iraq War?

Here's my scenario: We get into a firefight with Iran. Democrats own the House, Senate and White House. They call for a draft, just like they did in Johnson's time (and also the way they did in George W.'s time).

Has anyone noticed Christopher Dodd's platform for instituting mandatory civil service for post high school/college grads? If George W. can enlist border guards and national guards to fight in Iraq, what's to stop Dodd's civil servants from taking up arms?

This is how the llegal Hegelians gets their military draft. They warmonger under the Right Administration scaring everyone about Terrorism and an impending draft (Proposed by the Hegelian Left, of course). The voters elect a Hegelian Leftist who promises not to warmonger and assures everyone they will handle the government (read Mao Tse Tung's barrel of a gun allusion) in a manner that's more humane than the Hegelian Right.

Everyone relaxes.

Then BAMO!!! They install the draft - but then it's okay because the Hegelian Left is supposed to be more 'humane' than their counterparts, right?

Now we have a draft. Wars continue and they never seem to end.

Then a Hegelian Rightist wins the White House. The draft is already be there. It's not his fault; it was the Left that put it there, but hey, we've got a war to fight - there's no time to debate the matter. We need all the young men and women available to take up arms and fight our wars.

We need to rid ourselves of illegal Hegelians.

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 07:02 AM
PuHasn't it been the Democrats who've been calling for a Draft for the Iraq War?

Here's my scenario: We get into a firefight with Iran. Democrats own the House, Senate and White House. They call for a draft, just like they did in Johnson's time (and also the way they did in George W.'s time).

Has anyone noticed Christopher Dodd's platform for instituting mandatory civil service for post high school/college grads? If George W. can enlist border guards and national guards to fight in Iraq, what's to stop Dodd's civil servants from taking up arms?

This is how the llegal Hegelians gets their military draft. They warmonger under the Right Administration scaring everyone about Terrorism and an impending draft (Proposed by the Hegelian Left, of course). The voters elect a Hegelian Leftist who promises not to warmonger and assures everyone they will handle the government (read Mao Tse Tung's barrel of a gun allusion) in a manner that's more humane than the Hegelian Right.

Everyone relaxes.

Then BAMO!!! They install the draft - but then it's okay because the Hegelian Left is supposed to be more 'humane' than their counterparts, right?

Now we have a draft. Wars continue and they never seem to end.

Then a Hegelian Rightist wins the White House. The draft is already be there. It's not his fault; it was the Left that put it there, but hey, we've got a war to fight - there's no time to debate the matter. We need all the young men and women available to take up arms and fight our wars.

We need to rid ourselves of illegal Hegelians.

:eek:

Bradley in DC
10-10-2007, 07:07 AM
that would be too late to affect the primary, what would be the point? :rolleyes:

Johnnybags
10-10-2007, 07:11 AM
volunteer problem if Paul was elected? I tend to doubt it. At least the kids would know congress would look at it more closely than have it be the private army of globalists. My guess is we would oversupplied of willing volunteers to defend the USA. The enlistment problem mirror the lack of confidence in our leaders more than anything.

Leslie Webb
10-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Suppose Cheney invades Iran in March 08, and the GOP top tries to regulate the nomination away from Ron, acting as it did for the Texas Straw Poll in August.

Consider forming a united front anti-war third party, with Ron at the top of the ticket and a prominent, sincere anti-war moderate or leftist as VP. The party's platform could have only one plank, stop the wars in Iraq and Iran, and would go after the 70-80% of the voters who support this position. The right and left in this coalition could agree to disagree for four years and not do anything other than dismantle the American empire and bring all the troops home. After that, with hopefully the Democrats and Republicans smashed in the 08 elections, the coalition could split up into its free market and statist factions on domestic issues.

Sorry if this is speculative, we really have to do everything now to win Iowa and NH. But, now with the threats to Iran, like in the build-up before the Iraq invasion, I get a feeling of unreality, 'I can't believe this is happening,' and however bad you think things will turn out, they're always worse.