PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina's "First In Freedom" Mass Donation Event TODAY!

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 05:43 AM
On April 12th, 1776, North Carolina made history by becoming the first colony -- indeed the first place anywhere on the American continent -- to officially call for sovereignty from the British Crown. This all took place in a tiny little town named Halifax, NC (where I will be going today to celebrate)

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs461.snc3/25358_408939428273_650733273_4970534_6828356_n.jpg

For many, many years, in recognition of this history, North Carolina license plates bore the motto "First In Freedom" until some of the more politically correct amongst our liberal progressive friends running things in Raleigh determined that this might be offensive and struck it down

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs441.snc3/25358_407964033273_650733273_4950838_1390249_n.jpg

Today, April 12th, 2010 is the First In Freedom Mass Donation event for North Carolina.

We are making great strides forward in moving District 49 towards endorsing the project of restoring the Constitutional order, but we absolutely need help to do so. With $4244 in receipts so far, I will be no match funding-wise for the Democrat John May when he steps in with $70,000 straight from the Democrat party coffers.

Today is set aside specifically for North Carolina activists and patriots to donate, and the nationwide effort will be on April 19th -- accompanied by a Paul Revere minuteman network alarm -- to kick off the Shot Heard Round The World mass donation event for contributors around the United States.

Please, folks, if you or anybody you know is in North Carolina, keep this campaign in mind and let people know that there is someone who really does believe in restoring the Constitutional order who needs your help. if you are outside of North Carolina, please keep April 19th in mind, as we simply do not get the publicity on these forums that the US Congressional and Senate races get, and this is likely to be your only notification.

It is a true shame that corruption has elevated the cost of running for office, even a local race like mine, but this is the situation that we are confronted with right now, and I wholeheartedly believe that the correct place to begin the process of restoring the Constitution is in the STATES.

The math is hard to dispute -- if 25 people told 5 people, each of whom told 5 people, each of whom told 5 people; and everybody involved gave only $25, them my entire campaign would be funded for the entire year. If 150 people told five people, each of whom told five people, and everyone gave $25, that would fund the entire campaign. If 750 people only told 5 people ONCE and everyone involved gave $25, that would fund the entire campaign for the whole year.

The race for a State House seat is not nearly as glamorous or dramatic as the race for US Congress or US Senate, but at the end of the day it is even more critically important for our goal of restoring the Constitutional order than a federal office.

If you live in North Carolina, I hope you will keep my race in mind today, and if you live outside of North Carolina, I hope you will remember April 19th as our forefathers fought and died for an independent and sovereign nation.

Thanks so much, and LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC!! :D :D :D

dr. hfn
04-12-2010, 05:45 AM
+1776

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks! I'm also going to hold out hope that we can get a forum e-mail out this time for the April 19th event.....maybe even on the 18th with the "everybody tell five people to tell five people" thing to recreate the minuteman network from Paul Revere's ride in the leadup to Lexington and Concord on April 19th 1776... :D

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 07:44 AM
it's First In Freedom Day, and I'll be heading out to Halifax, NC in a couple hours to partake of the celebrations going on there. :D

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 09:47 AM
North Carolina bump! (on my way out the door to Halifax now)

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
on the road...

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Awesome event!

rancher89
04-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Love it!

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 06:55 PM
The old Halifax Courthouse (rebuilt from the original) -- where it all began...

http://i44.tinypic.com/dcptaw.jpg

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 07:11 PM
The original site of the courthouse, along with all the wonderful stuff done there:

http://i40.tinypic.com/1feqz4.jpg

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 07:24 PM
These people LOVE them some Constitution!

http://i40.tinypic.com/25reems.jpg

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 08:02 PM
18th Century Workstation

(demonstrating the sort of keyboard and monitor that the original Halifax Resolves and Declaration of Independence were composed on) :D

http://i40.tinypic.com/11rtzl5.jpg

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
$110 raised today! :D

http://i41.tinypic.com/9hsvsw.jpg

Aratus
04-13-2010, 10:06 AM
On April 12th, 1776, North Carolina made history by becoming the first colony -- indeed the first place anywhere on the American continent -- to officially call for sovereignty from the British Crown. This all took place in a tiny little town named Halifax, NC (where I will be going today to celebrate)

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs461.snc3/25358_408939428273_650733273_4970534_6828356_n.jpg

For many, many years, in recognition of this history, North Carolina license plates bore the motto "First In Freedom" until some of the more politically correct amongst our liberal progressive friends running things in Raleigh determined that this might be offensive and struck it down

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs441.snc3/25358_407964033273_650733273_4950838_1390249_n.jpg

Today, April 12th, 2010 is the First In Freedom Mass Donation event for North Carolina.

We are making great strides forward in moving District 49 towards endorsing the project of restoring the Constitutional order, but we absolutely need help to do so. With $4244 in receipts so far, I will be no match funding-wise for the Democrat John May when he steps in with $70,000 straight from the Democrat party coffers.

Today is set aside specifically for North Carolina activists and patriots to donate, and the nationwide effort will be on April 19th -- accompanied by a Paul Revere minuteman network alarm -- to kick off the Shot Heard Round The World mass donation event for contributors around the United States.

Please, folks, if you or anybody you know is in North Carolina, keep this campaign in mind and let people know that there is someone who really does believe in restoring the Constitutional order who needs your help. if you are outside of North Carolina, please keep April 19th in mind, as we simply do not get the publicity on these forums that the US Congressional and Senate races get, and this is likely to be your only notification.

It is a true shame that corruption has elevated the cost of running for office, even a local race like mine, but this is the situation that we are confronted with right now, and I wholeheartedly believe that the correct place to begin the process of restoring the Constitution is in the STATES.

The math is hard to dispute -- if 25 people told 5 people, each of whom told 5 people, each of whom told 5 people; and everybody involved gave only $25, them my entire campaign would be funded for the entire year. If 150 people told five people, each of whom told five people, and everyone gave $25, that would fund the entire campaign. If 750 people only told 5 people ONCE and everyone involved gave $25, that would fund the entire campaign for the whole year.

The race for a State House seat is not nearly as glamorous or dramatic as the race for US Congress or US Senate, but at the end of the day it is even more critically important for our goal of restoring the Constitutional order than a federal office.

If you live in North Carolina, I hope you will keep my race in mind today, and if you live outside of North Carolina, I hope you will remember April 19th as our forefathers fought and died for an independent and sovereign nation.

Thanks so much, and LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC!! :D :D :D

cool! seys baystater i

GunnyFreedom
04-13-2010, 10:18 AM
cool! seys baystater i

Thanks!

I am hoping the nationwide April 19th event does a little better than $110 ;)

phill4paul
04-13-2010, 09:59 PM
A day late...but not a dollar short...$25 FRNS your way.:)

GunnyFreedom
04-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks Phil! Seriously thanks! :D I keep looking at my box of signs dwindling to nothing, and I've started getting legions of people asking me for signs, it's about time to make a new round. I did not expect 100 signs to go as quickly as they did, and I had planned on the next batch to be 500 signs.

Although I could save money by going with 500, I still need to produce bumper stickers and more lit, as they are in high demand, and unless a miracle happens on April 19th, I will not have enough for all of it together.

So I will probably end up making another short-run of 100 signs, and just hope that when they are gone in a month I'll be able to do the 500 piece order. :D

But then again, there is always the chance that something amazing will happen on the 19th; and I know that sometime around May 5th, I'll be putting about $1000 of my own money into the campaign as well. (I would have earlier, but that's the soonest I could come up with that much of my own cash)

phill4paul
04-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks Phil! Seriously thanks! :D I keep looking at my box of signs dwindling to nothing, and I've started getting legions of people asking me for signs, it's about time to make a new round. I did not expect 100 signs to go as quickly as they did, and I had planned on the next batch to be 500 signs.

Although I could save money by going with 500, I still need to produce bumper stickers and more lit, as they are in high demand, and unless a miracle happens on April 19th, I will not have enough for all of it together.

So I will probably end up making another short-run of 100 signs, and just hope that when they are gone in a month I'll be able to do the 500 piece order. :D

But then again, there is always the chance that something amazing will happen on the 19th; and I know that sometime around May 5th, I'll be putting about $1000 of my own money into the campaign as well. (I would have earlier, but that's the soonest I could come up with that much of my own cash)

How much are you gonna need on the 19th to get 500 signs? What's the goal?

GunnyFreedom
04-14-2010, 01:34 PM
How much are you gonna need on the 19th to get 500 signs? What's the goal?

500 signs double sided 2 color are $1,005.00 plus shipping - which, mind you, is actually an awesome price. Will also need about $1,000 worth of slim-jims and $500 with or bumper stickers. Currently have about $1200 on hand. So minimum capital raised to meet those goals is not too bad. Say $1500 would actually meet the critical expenses.

Now, there are things I need to do to possibly qualify for funding from the Rep House Committee. These include a full time campaign manager, which one should pay (not an exorbitant amount, mind you, but people do have expenses), an events and scheduling coordinator is not only required to qualify for said funding, at this point it would make my life 100% easier and my campaign 500% more effective. and at least one consultation with a consultant.

I'd be happy with $2000, honestly, but to just stay competitive (given that I am apparently the most frugal politician to ever run for office) we need to raise $5000. To keep up with my calendar goals of matching the Dem, we would have to raise $20,000.

Those amounts are actually not too bad if spread around as widely as possible.

Say we make a goal of $25,000

that's 1,000 people each giving $25. that's it. That shouldn't be hard, actually, but fundraising is decidedly NOT my strength. My strength is in debating the issues and in writing resolutions, and in winning them support. Perfect skillset for sitting in the office, poor skillset for campaigning for the office.

The problem we have right now is that it's generally the same 10-20 people giving again and again and again, and that's just not fair to them, I feel.

Aratus
04-15-2010, 07:51 AM
gunny, good luck!