PDA

View Full Version : It's messages like this that keep me going...

Reason
04-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Mostly post #4 in this thread I made.

http://forums.precentral.net/off-topic/241200-srlc-straw-poll-results-paul-romney-tie-first-24-a.html

:)

TER
04-12-2010, 01:53 AM
When i discuss Ron Paul's views with my family in Greece and in England, they have a look in their eyes like 'you mean there exist politicians who actually champion these ideas of liberty? I always thought such men were lost to history!'

Philhelm
04-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Ron Paul is a fascinating character. I'm of the opinion that should Ron Paul win the Republican primary, he would steamroll President Obama in a general election. However, and perhaps ironically, his greatest challenge will be to win the Republican primary. His biggest opponents are the pseudo-conservatives it seems, many of whom don't know what true conservatism is. There are many liberal Democrats who at least give grudging respect to Ron Paul, which is amazing in such a politically divisive time. Not only would Ron Paul get the Republican, Libertarian, and most of the independent votes in a general election, but there would likely be many Ron Paul Democrats. Of all the politicians at present, Ron Paul would be the most unifying (Although, Ron Paul is really a statesman, rather than a politician.).

Philhelm
04-12-2010, 02:00 AM
When i discuss Ron Paul's views with my family in Greece and in England, they have a look in their eyes like 'you mean there exist politicians who actually champion these ideas of liberty? I always thought such men were lost to history!'

I had just stated it in my previous post, but I think it deserves to be repeated. Ron Paul is a statesman, not a politician.

Reason
04-13-2010, 01:47 AM
//