PDA

View Full Version : Tax Day / Tea Party Protests

easycougar
04-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Is anyone going to a local tax day protest this Thursday? I know that there is one going on in my town, but it doesn't seem as popular and well publicized this year.

sb10
04-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Yes, I hope to attend. We will be protesting right in front of the office of U.S. Congressional Representative Jane Harman.

She is purportedly a "blue dog" Democrat but she showed her true colors voting for each TARP and for the health care bill. I am trying to come up with some poster/banner ideas for Thursday's protest. BAILOUT BIMBO doesn't seem forceful enough while HEALTH CARE WHORE seems too forceful. Ideas are appreciated.

t0rnado
04-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I went to one last year when it wasn't completely neocon run, but I don't plan on attending one this year. The meaning behind the the original tea party has become diluted.

LittleLightShining
04-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I went to one last year when it wasn't completely neocon run, but I don't plan on attending one this year. The meaning behind the the original tea party has become diluted.

"It's diluted so I won't go and then it will be even more diluted." That's FACKING BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that?

I'm organizing an evening tea party/candlelight vigil on the State House Lawn. Another group has something going on during the day. I wanted to make sure people who have to work have a chance to attend something.

Here's part of an email I sent out today:

April 15 will close out with a "Candlelight" Vigil to Honor The Forgotten Man back at the State House on the steps at 7:30. We will have 3 speakers: TJ Michaels (local radio celebrity and host of the TJ Michaels Show on WSNO radio) will speak about who the Forgotten Man is and why he matters; Kristin Sohlstrom (coordinator for the Barre City Tea Party) will be reminding us that we live in a Representative Constitutional Republic, not a democracy; and Jessica Bernier (VT Campaign For Liberty) on Article 18 of the VT Constitution and why it matters so much as we come into the 2010 election season. Speakers will start at roughly 7:30 pm, the lighting will commence when the sky is darkened.

Again, and this is SO important-- PLEASE DO NOT BRING REAL WAX CANDLES FOR THE VIGIL. Bring a flashlight, an inexpensive LED light or even use the candle app on your iphone (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazy-lighter-gold/id285735373?mt=8) instead. Signs are welcome, flags, too. Just because it's a vigil doesn't mean it's not a Tea Party!

silentshout
04-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Nope, I'd like to but ours is very much the neocon type..no thanks. Then again, maybe I should....lol as a former Democrat it would be interesting to attend a protest with people on the "other side". Unfortunately I don't feel comfortable bringing my toddlers to any protests, so as a SAHM I can't.

TheState
04-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm actually speaking at the tea party in Columbus Ohio. In Cincinnati, Jordan Page and Bob Murphy are both going to be at a tea party headed by Sean Hannity. We've definitely had a lot of success getting our people in.

Deborah K
04-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes. As usual. And I will pass out End the Fed info, as usual.

LibertyMage
04-12-2010, 12:06 PM
The real question is, are you holding a Tea Party?

When Jack Thompson said the tea partiers need our leadership, this is what he was talking about.

AuH20
04-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I will be attending one as well. I'm thinking of bringing some CFR signs. You know the power behind the throne.

Deborah K
04-12-2010, 12:13 PM
I will be attending one as well. I'm thinking of bringing some CFR signs. You know the power behind the throne.

I would hold off unless your Tea Party is in the 'know'. These guys still need spoon feeding. It's better to ease into it, if you know what I mean. Maybe hold up signs that say, "taxation is theft" and then pass out flyers about how tax on wages didn't even exist until WWII and was SUPPOSED to be temporary.

We need a tax revolt. But we have to wake our neighbors up first. How we choose to do that is vital. Do we throw freezing cold water in their faces, or do we gently shake them awake?

TheState
04-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I highly suggest for everyone in the freedom movement to watch these videos,

YouTube - How to Sell Liberty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shEnY_lcQI)

It's a simple lecture (it has to do with RP's 2008 campaign, but the lessons hold true), but works whenever you're talking to someone of a different ideology. They come in extremely handy at an event like a tea party. Find out why someone is there and explain our position.

1. Don’t make your issue their issue
2. Don’t debate
3. Don’t rathole discussion
4. Don’t be afraid to say “I don’t know”
5. Don’t trash talk other candidates/ideas
6. When you’ve made the sale, stop selling

TheState
04-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Bump, I highly suggest those going to tea parties watch the videos above. Learn how to win people over and spread the word!