PDA

View Full Version : MSM propaganda against Roman Catholic Organization

LibForestPaul
04-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Why does the MSM force story after story about child abuse only by Roman Catholic Priests?

Do they have data sets to prove that Priests are any more inclined to abuse children?
Do they have statistical proof that Diocese are any more prone than any other organization to deny wrongdoing by their members?
Where are the reports of Rabbi's abusing children?
Where are the reports of Mormons abusing children?
Where are the reports of Protestants and Episcopalians abusing children?

Why does the MSM cover-up(non-reporting) abuse by other denominations?

http://www.prevent-abuse-now.com/stats2.htm

P.S.
In separate study of three states in 1991, 96 percent of the female rape victims younger than 12 years old knew their attackers. Twenty percent were victimized by their fathers.

But according to the MSM, the boogymen come from the internet?

muh_roads
04-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Meh who cares. The Roman Catholic church sucks for a variety of reasons. Spreading lies in Africa about how condoms don't protect against AIDS, etc...causing a shit load of AIDS among religious folk over there that believe them. That is one group the media can go after that I really don't care about.

Pete_00
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Because "higher God" religions have to go. That is in the Elite plan, it has been for centuries. Religion protects society, keeps it together and makes it move. A society trapped in materialism is a lost society open for conquest.

Only one religion is allowed, the religion of the "material God". The racist-supremacist religion, the religion that teaches its followers that their tribe is God and its their duty to rule over Mankind...you never hear anything in the MSM about the huge amount of cases of child abuse in the circles of a certain religion, a religion that no one is allowed to scrutinize for some reason...

silus
04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Religion protects society, keeps it together and makes it move. A society trapped in materialism is a lost society open for conquest.
You don't sound like you believe in freedom. And there is no "elite plan" that moves people away from religion. People move away from religion because it constrains their freedom. And the ones that do stay with religion put constraints on religion to accommodate their lifestyle.

Do you even realize your original point is about a church and not a religion?? And if you are talking about "elite plans" I find it pretty naive of you to defend the catholic church, of all organizations, with that argument.

Free Moral Agent
04-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Those are all good questions the OP brings up. I also agree with you Pete_00, although its probably not a plan in the sense that its written down step-by-step, its more like an agenda thats wholly recognized.

Their goal is to break down any barriers that separate you from "stuff". Where the only common denominator between you and your fellow man is the love of money and possessions. I'd say the Roman Catholic church is quite a threat, given their size (2nd to Islam) and dogmatic adherence to the original Biblical tenets. Then again, any story the MSM can cover in place of more significant issues ie. slaughter in Baghdad is to their benefit.

silus
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Their goal is to break down any barriers that separate you from "stuff". Where the only common denominator between you and your fellow man is the love of money and possessions. I'd say the Roman Catholic church is quite a threat...

Are you F'n kidding me?? You're talking about a Church with more "stuff" than damn near any organization. A Church that rakes in insane amounts of money, and has been collecting worldly possessions for centuries. A church that has some of the most valuable paintings and sculptures and architecture created solely to spread the religious message by seduction; using "stuff" to attract followers has been a hallmark of the Catholic church for ages. Just visit the Vatican. I thought this was a blatently obvious point, but looking at this thread, apparently it isn't. Baffling.

Depressed Liberator
04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
The Catholic Church has always sucked. Molesting little deaf boys is no surprise. There's also plenty of other reason why other Christian sects dislike Catholicism as well.

TheTyke
04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I heartily appreciate the original poster.

We all have our reasons, but my Catholic faith is what inspires me to fight for liberty. I imagine the same is true of Tom Woods, who is also a Catholic. I believe God gave us Free Will, to choose good or evil of our own accord, and that it is counterproductive for government to interfere with those decisions.

Many principles dear to the liberty movement are either taught by Catholicism or even find their origin in it - the principle of subsidiarity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiarity) and the Just War Doctrine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_War), which Ron Paul quotes regularly in his debates. Catholic teaching has ever been an obstacle to those who would seize power, and as such, has been maligned and targeted by these folks throughout history.

I'm baffled at all the people jumping on the MSM bandwagon, though I suppose "education" and revisionist history in our country has served to paint a bad picture of the Church. Attacking certain groups is just more collectivism and serves to alienate us from each other. Like any other group, there are good Catholics and bad Catholics, and it's less than brilliant to blame the institution for some members violating its own teachings! Several of the apostles Jesus Himself chose betrayed Him.

Freedom brings people together. Let's not divide ourselves by attacking each other.

Nathan Rahl
04-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Amen @ TheTyke's post

silus
04-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm baffled at all the people jumping on the MSM bandwagon, though I suppose "education" and revisionist history in our country has served to paint a bad picture of the Church. Attacking certain groups is just more collectivism and serves to alienate us from each other. Like any other group, there are good Catholics and bad Catholics, and it's less than brilliant to blame the institution for some members violating its own teachings! Several of the apostles Jesus Himself chose betrayed Him.

Freedom brings people together. Let's not divide ourselves by attacking each other.
You seem to have very little understanding of Catholic history. And how nice of you to characterize the anti-corporate church sentiment as jumping on the MSM bandwagon, or being some kind of collectivist trap. Easy way to dismiss your opponent I guess. Forget the fact that a shit load of people just don't like the Catholic church. Nothing collectivist about a lot of people making rational decisions. It is quite funny, though, how you also dismiss the centuries of dirt on the catholic church as just someone "painting a bad picture."

Maybe you should worry more about your faith than the survival of the irrelevant middleman.

BlackTerrel
04-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Why does the MSM force story after story about child abuse only by Roman Catholic Priests?

Do they have data sets to prove that Priests are any more inclined to abuse children?
Do they have statistical proof that Diocese are any more prone than any other organization to deny wrongdoing by their members?
Where are the reports of Rabbi's abusing children?
Where are the reports of Mormons abusing children?
Where are the reports of Protestants and Episcopalians abusing children?

Why does the MSM cover-up(non-reporting) abuse by other denominations?

http://www.prevent-abuse-now.com/stats2.htm

P.S.
In separate study of three states in 1991, 96 percent of the female rape victims younger than 12 years old knew their attackers. Twenty percent were victimized by their fathers.

But according to the MSM, the boogymen come from the internet?

You are missing the point. I posted the same in another thread. Catholic Priests are NOT any more likely to molest children than Ministers or Rabbis in other denominations/religions.

The difference is when Mormons, and Lutherans, and Jews have had their Ministers sexually abuse children they have (for the most part) removed the offending parties from their position and they were charged appropriately.

The Catholic Church is hierarchical and for decades they covered up the abuse, accused anyone who exposed them of "anti-Catholicism" and rather than punish the offending parties they covered it up and moved the offenders to another Parish where they could molest a new batch of kids.

Those are the facts and no amount of conspiracy theories is going to change that.

TheTyke
04-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Forget the fact that a shit load of people just don't like the Catholic church. Nothing collectivist about a lot of people making rational decisions. It is quite funny, though, how you also dismiss the centuries of dirt on the catholic church as just someone "painting a bad picture."

What does what people think matter? A lot of people dislike the liberty movement as well, and misinform people that we are dangerous, racist, and do terrible things. Maybe a few have, but again, let's try to stop the collectivism.

I already referenced revisionist history by the enemies of the Church. Most of the evil attributed to the Church is specifically forbidden by Church teaching, and some of the accusations are false to begin with.

Edit: BlackTerrel, you have no way of proving that. We don't have reliable statistics on the frequency of these problems, let alone a breakdown by religion. That's just your impression. And my personal experience, and that of my family, living in many different areas, is that we've never encountered these problems and they seem embellished by the media.

NYgs23
04-11-2010, 06:52 PM
It's true that Catholic priests are no more likely to molest than anyone. The negligence of some bishops was the real problem, but this has been largely corrected, at least in the US and hopefully policies implemented in the US will soon be implemented everywhere. But as we can see on this very thread, most people don't give any credence to such things because they only hear what they want to hear.

LibForestPaul
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Well ,read the comments. I disagree with Roman Catholic covering up anymore than other religions, especially Mormon.

I believe it is a plan by the elites. Specifically, the influx of Catholic Hispanics. A wall is attempting to be placed between the growing influx of Catholics, and the established diocese in America. Likely this is also related to the prohibition by the Catholic Church against their members from joining societies such as the free masons.

Nathan Rahl
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
They (Catholics) still join the masons though. There are at least two in my lodge that I know of, maybe more.

silus
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
What does what people think matter? A lot of people dislike the liberty movement as well, and misinform people that we are dangerous, racist, and do terrible things. Maybe a few have, but again, let's try to stop the collectivism.

I already referenced revisionist history by the enemies of the Church. Most of the evil attributed to the Church is specifically forbidden by Church teaching, and some of the accusations are false to begin with.
Stop using "collectivism" to serve your narrow interest when in fact have no idea how to correctly apply the word. How naive of you to portray what is simply a lot of people coming to the same conclusion as "collectivist." As if you are making some kind of a point. You just throw that word out there and hope it will do something. Pathetic.

And another word you are ignorant of is "referenced." You did not reference "revisionist history" you made an accusation and supported it with nothing. If you dared reference history you would lose all credibility in making your case, because inevitably you would have to ignore and dismiss the Church's crimes as you are doing now.

On a personal note, I have no idea why you think so highly of a church that collects wealth and signs of wealth to draw in those who are taught to believe that true wealth is in an afterlife...

Nathan Rahl
04-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I believe he meant "collectivist" in the sense that you are attacking (verbally) a group of people and assigning blame to them collectively rather than as specific individuals who are actually committing crimes.

ie. Catholics are bad. White people are tall. Russians are ugly. <-- Collectivist statements

silus
04-11-2010, 08:06 PM
I believe he meant "collectivist" in the sense that you are attacking (verbally) a group of people and assigning blame to them collectively rather than as specific individuals who are actually committing crimes.

ie. Catholics are bad. White people are tall. Russians are ugly. <-- Collectivist statements
The Catholic church is a single organization. Obviously you attack both the individual criminals and the organization that swept it under the rug. Pretty simple stuff. :shrug

BlackTerrel
04-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Well ,read the comments. I disagree with Roman Catholic covering up anymore than other religions, especially Mormon.

What evidence is there of Mormons covering up sex abuse? I seriously doubt it is anything close to the Vatican.

TER
04-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Are you F'n kidding me?? You're talking about a Church with more "stuff" than damn near any organization. A Church that rakes in insane amounts of money, and has been collecting worldly possessions for centuries. A church that has some of the most valuable paintings and sculptures and architecture created solely to spread the religious message by seduction; using "stuff" to attract followers has been a hallmark of the Catholic church for ages. Just visit the Vatican. I thought this was a blatently obvious point, but looking at this thread, apparently it isn't. Baffling.

The adornment of places of worship:

(Luke 7:36-50)

36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, “This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.”
40 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.”
So he said, “Teacher, say it.”
41 “There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?”
43 Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.”
And He said to him, “You have rightly judged.” 44 Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. 45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. 46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. 47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.”
48 Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”
50 Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”

(Matthew 14:3-9)

3 And being in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, as He sat at the table, a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly oil of spikenard. Then she broke the flask and poured it on His head. 4 But there were some who were indignant among themselves, and said, “Why was this fragrant oil wasted? 5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred denarii and given to the poor.” And they criticized her sharply.
6 But Jesus said, “Let her alone. Why do you trouble her? She has done a good work for Me. 7 For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you wish you may do them good; but Me you do not have always. 8 She has done what she could. She has come beforehand to anoint My body for burial. 9 Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her.”

10 Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went to the chief priests to betray Him to them. 11 And when they heard it, they were glad, and promised to give him money. So he sought how he might conveniently betray Him.

(John 12:1-11)

1 Then, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus was who had been dead,[a] whom He had raised from the dead. 2 There they made Him a supper; and Martha served, but Lazarus was one of those who sat at the table with Him. 3 Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.
4 But one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, who would betray Him, said, 5 “Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii[b] and given to the poor?” 6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it.
7 But Jesus said, “Let her alone; she has kept[c] this for the day of My burial. 8 For the poor you have with you always, but Me you do not have always.”

9 Now a great many of the Jews knew that He was there; and they came, not for Jesus’ sake only, but that they might also see Lazarus, whom He had raised from the dead. 10 But the chief priests plotted to put Lazarus to death also, 11 because on account of him many of the Jews went away and believed in Jesus.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

God deserves glory to the highest, in all things as He is ruler of all things.

There are those who mock the faithful in Christ who adorn His Church with the riches of the world and ignore how much more those very faithful adorn His children with enormous charity of food and shelter and care. The donations of the faithful to the beauty of His house grow from the abundance of charity they first give to the most needy and destitute, to their neighbors and friends. God does not need material wealth, but as the Lord and Ruler, deserves praise and glory, in all and for all.

As Judas mocked, so do those who accuse the faithful of wrongdoing when they adorn the Body of Christ which is the Church with the rich alabaster jar of perfume, but meanwhile those accusers steal from the treasury and look to betray Him.

And to this day I await for the first hospital or infirmary for the poor to be organized and maintained by the charitable givings of an atheistic community.

BlackTerrel
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/the-pedophiles-paradise/Content?oid=1065017

The "Pedophile's Paradise"
Alaska Natives are accusing the Catholic Church of using their remote villages as a “dumping ground” for child-molesting priests—and blaming the president of Seattle University for letting it happen.

...Father Poole has never been convicted of a crime, but the Jesuits have settled numerous sex-abuse claims against him since 2005, in excess of $5 million, according to an attorney involved in four of those five lawsuits. Exact figures aren't available because some of the settlements involve confidentiality agreements. The Jesuits have never let a single case against Father Poole go to trial...

...The only reason Poole is not in jail, Roosa says, is the statute of limitations. And the reason he's still a priest, being cared for by the church?

"Jim Poole is elderly," answered Very Reverend Patrick J. Lee, head of the Northwest Jesuits, by e-mail. "He lives in a Jesuit community under an approved safety plan that includes 24-hour supervision."

Roosa has another theory—that Poole knows too much. "They can't put him on the street and take away his reason for keeping quiet," Roosa says. "He knows all the secrets."..

This is just one of many. And it is the reason the Vatican is now getting this attention. In other denominations pedophiles were usually charged and disbarred. In the hierarchy of the Catholic Church they simply covered it up and moved them to another Parrish where they could molest again - that is the difference.

RyanRSheets
04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
The only thing that bothers me about the Church is that it avoids taxation when so many of them work like corporations. I don't think anyone or anything should be taxed, but I find it inconsistent to allow these giant several thousand person super churches to soak up tithe and spend it frivolously. I also find it appalling that people attend the super churches and think they're being good Christians; Jesus most certainly would not have approved.

idirtify
04-13-2010, 02:52 PM
It's true that Catholic priests are no more likely to molest than anyone.

Not only is that certainly NOT true, it wasn’t even the claim made here - that catholic priests are no more likely to molest than leaders of other religions/denominations. MUCH evidence says that Catholic priests are FAR more likely to molest when compared to “anyone”.

The negligence of some bishops was the real problem, but this has been largely corrected, at least in the US

Are you forgetting that Alaska is part of the US? (See Black Terrel’s link)