PDA

View Full Version : Evangelicals for Mitt was a "co-sponsor" of SRLC

Juan McCain
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
That's right . . . the SRLC Straw Poll was duped by a co-sponsor.
"We're actually crazy enough to do this on our own, and I don't even know if Governor Romney knows were doing it . . ."

Prior to the straw poll vote,
the Washington Post story revealed (a good read about us actually)
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/2010/04/the_srlc_straw_poll_up_for_gra.html. . .

Nancy French's Evangelicals for Mitt has been offering around 200 tickets for free,
for anyone who wants to come and support Mitt Romney. At the party before
Sean Hannity's live taping of his TV show, French's group handed out 800 copies
of their man's book, "No Apology," and countless piggy banks.
It's hard to say how many of the people grabbing those favors will back Romney
-- one woman I spoke to, clutching two piggy banks, snorted when I asked if
she'd vote for Romney.

So who is Nancy French ?
http://www.evangelicalsformitt.org/nfrench.php

From : http://www.evangelicalsformitt.org/front_page/efm_is_cosponsoring_the_southe.php
"Yes, you read that correctly. We're actually co-sponsoring the largest gathering of Republicans in the country this year. I know this raises a host of questions, so below I present the "EFM SRLC FAQ" (hey, I'm in the military, so I can't live without acronyms.)"

"Yes, we are sponsoring, and no we haven't been on the sponsor page by our own request."

"We're actually crazy enough to do this on our own, and I don't even know if Governor Romney knows were doing it"

there's more . . .
http://www.evangelicalsformitt.org/front_page/efm_is_cosponsoring_the_southe.php

So . . . the "co-sponsor" wins SRLC straw poll by one vote -- blog that.
I need to send something off about this to hardball@msnbc.com and Morning Joe

Matt Collins
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
The great irony is that I know thousands of evangelicals, and none of them like Mitt.

rp08orbust
04-11-2010, 10:34 AM
By spending $92,000 to purchase 800 tickets for members (which was absolutely the right thing to do), Campaign for Liberty was essentially a sponsor of the SRLC as well. But thanks to half its members bailing out, about $46,000 can be considered pure donation to the SRLC.

RM918
04-11-2010, 10:40 AM
By spending $92,000 to purchase 800 tickets for members (which was absolutely the right thing to do), Campaign for Liberty was essentially a sponsor of the SRLC as well. But thanks to half its members bailing out, about $46,000 can be considered pure donation to the SRLC.

You know, wasn't there some buzz about neocons lying and using C4L's tickets (They planned to, at least. Don't know if they ever did it) even though they were not Paul supporters?

rp08orbust
04-11-2010, 10:45 AM
You know, wasn't there some buzz about neocons lying and using C4L's tickets (They planned to, at least. Don't know if they ever did it) even though they were not Paul supporters?

There was. However, that was when tickets were still $30 each. There was clearly a lack of interest in the SRLC on the part of C4L members, otherwise they wouldn't have had to reduce the price to $0.

Lack of interest, that is, until the day of the straw poll and Ron Paul came in second. Then everyone and their dog has a conspiracy theory, excuse, or lame-ass theory about how second place was really ideal. The complaints about how biased the media is are getting soooooo 2007.

Elbridge Gerry
04-11-2010, 10:47 AM

Did C4L get the offer to be listed as a co-sponsor on the SRLC sponsor page and also refused ?
Is Ron Paul "aware" of C4L being there and did Ron Paul speak at the SRLC ?

So it's not really the same having a co-sponsor for someone not there who doesn't even know you're there handing out tickets corrollary to Hannity's event - and just drop by the voting room on your way out.

Reading the Washington Post link they seem to be able to distinguish C4L from EFM - which is some private non-profit group which just railroaded the SRLC for someone not even there - they probably are a 501(c) . . . I guess - maybe they need to lose their non-profit status after this scheme.

Matt Collins
04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes the CFL was a cosponsor of the event too.