PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL Victory AT SRLC

speciallyblend
04-11-2010, 08:40 AM
seeking someone who was there to write a story on our Victory or a balanced story on our Victory at the SLRC Straw Poll! if you know of a good write up or you are willing to do a write up of the story with facts, please submit here. We will publish your write up over the failed msm stories!!!

YOUR MEDIA,BECOME THE MEDIA, BE THE MEDIA!!!

www.leadvillelifestyle.com Leadville and Twin Lakes Online Daily News Source (Free) (more work to do on site but you get the idea)

launching soon but already over 10,000 unique visits this month and over 13,000 unique visitors last month. we launch locally in 7-10 days!!

RPF will be one of our news sources ,since you guys and gals get news quicker to people then msm;)

speciallyblend
04-11-2010, 09:29 AM
anyone that finds a better story for the SRLC, please post link or email me so we can publish

Fozz
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Ron Paul did not win at SRLC.

speciallyblend
04-11-2010, 09:54 AM

i said Victory not win;) he had a HUGE VICTORY at SRLC if you do not see a tie as a victory 24% and a loss of one vote for 2nd place. then you might as well give up!!

not to mention we had HUGE WINS ACROSS THE STATE OF COLORADO 2010:) Kevin Cannell,Carl Bruning,Tim Leonard,Ken Buck 2010 and many more in Colorado for 2010, Ron Paul 2012;)

rp08orbust
04-11-2010, 10:16 AM
i said Victory not win;) he had a HUGE VICTORY at SRLC

Well, I guess you could say that Ron Paul, or rather Campaign for Liberty, had a victory of sorts.

After the CPAC victory (in the conventional sense of the word), we begged Campaign for Liberty and Ron Paul to attend the SRLC for an encore. C4L did exactly what was necessary for victory. They purchased 800 tickets, sold them at deep discounts to members, contacted C4L members by phone and email, advertised the event to supporters on multiple Facebook pages, organized an after party to make it more attractive to generation Y, and created promotional videos. It would have been nice if they had included the 1pm registration cut-off in the information they provided on the ticket sales page, but other than that detail (which really shouldn't have been necessary for anyone serious about winning), their execution was flawless IMO.

For the grassroots, on the other hand, the SRLC was a colossal failure. Major resources were neglected in getting the word out (DailyPaul, BreakTheMatrix), and more than half of those who obtained tickets to the SRLC failed to vote in the straw poll or show up at the conference at all. There was very little recognition of the importance of the straw poll until the day of the straw poll--I would guess that half of the views of threads relating to the SRLC came after April 9.

speciallyblend
04-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Well, I guess you could say that Ron Paul, or rather Campaign for Liberty, had a victory of sorts.

After the CPAC victory (in the conventional sense of the word), we begged Campaign for Liberty and Ron Paul to attend the SRLC for an encore. C4L did exactly what was necessary for victory. They purchased 800 tickets, sold them at deep discounts to members, contacted C4L members by phone and email, advertised the event to supporters on multiple Facebook pages, organized an after party to make it more attractive to generation Y, and created promotional videos. It would have been nice if they had included the 1pm registration cut-off in the information they provided on the ticket sales page, but other than that detail (which really shouldn't have been necessary for anyone serious about winning), their execution was flawless IMO.

For the grassroots, on the other hand, the SRLC was a colossal failure. Major resources were neglected in getting the word out (DailyPaul, BreakTheMatrix), and more than half of those who obtained tickets to the SRLC failed to vote in the straw poll or show up at the conference at all. There was very little recognition of the importance of the straw poll until the day of the straw poll--I would guess that half of the views of threads relating to the SRLC came after April 9.

rp08or bust. would you be interested in writing an article on The SRLC and our Ron Paul Victory;)? i will publish it over all the msm bs stories??

to me Ron Paul tie in % and losing by one vote is a HUGE VICTORY;)

Matt Collins
04-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I was there, read what I had to say:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=34512

Imperial
04-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I have an analysis of the poll more than a writeup of the event:

http://libertyticker.blogspot.com/2010/04/postmortem-on-srlc.html

Matt Collins
04-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I have an analysis of the poll more than a writeup of the event:

http://libertyticker.blogspot.com/2010/04/postmortem-on-srlc.html (http://libertyticker.blogspot.com/2010/04/postmortem-on-srlc.html)
Very good points. It can't be both Ron and Johnson, one or the other.

Bruno
04-12-2010, 02:56 PM

Victory does not necessarily mean a win

vic·to·ry (vkt-r)
n. pl. vic·to·ries
1. Defeat of an enemy or opponent.
2. Success in a struggle against difficulties or an obstacle.
3. The state of having triumphed.

newbitech
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I'll do a write up. My point is, even if we would have had a 400 vote margin "win" in the straw poll, you cannot measure the impact of the grassroots supporters who engaged the GOP on their home turf. I spoke with several Mitt Romney supporters and voters and have tons of positive feedback. I built new friendships with people who came in from Tampa via the Mitt Romney train and will be building on those friendships back home, where it matters most to me.

Trust me, if all we needed to do was win a straw poll to restore our constitutional protections and reverse the course of an out of control government, then we already have "won". I wish we would have won the straw poll, but I am not disappointed one bit that it did not happen. I look at this event as a preseason game. It doesn't count in the win/loss column.

Bottom line, this was a leadership conference and the leaders were all present and accounted for. Mitt Who?

speciallyblend
04-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I'll do a write up. My point is, even if we would have had a 400 vote margin "win" in the straw poll, you cannot measure the impact of the grassroots supporters who engaged the GOP on their home turf. I spoke with several Mitt Romney supporters and voters and have tons of positive feedback. I built new friendships with people who came in from Tampa via the Mitt Romney train and will be building on those friendships back home, where it matters most to me.

Trust me, if all we needed to do was win a straw poll to restore our constitutional protections and reverse the course of an out of control government, then we already have "won". I wish we would have won the straw poll, but I am not disappointed one bit that it did not happen. I look at this event as a preseason game. It doesn't count in the win/loss column.

Bottom line, this was a leadership conference and the leaders were all present and accounted for. Mitt Who?

i hear you. I think what we have done is Great!!! of course i know it is all about local politics;) that is why we actually won a real delegate vote;) 16-9 for a ron paul republican to be on primary locally, 2 votes away from outright winning!!In reality the only way the gop will win in general election locally is to nominate the Ron Paul Republican;) to me a tie and losing by one vote is a victory but the real victory is at local caucus!!!

speciallyblend
04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
blimpin