PDA

View Full Version : Palin is not going to run. We need to get her supporters in our bandwagon.

StateofTrance
04-11-2010, 02:48 AM
I don't like Palin (neocon, warmonger queen) AT ALL. But some her of supporters are sane and just want a mavericky woman to run..Well she probably won't be running - so we need those supporters who agree with us on fiscal responsibility in our team. They also know that other than Ron, there's no one they can trust.

Conspiracy line: However, little do they know that Palin = establishment mocha light LOL

raiha
04-11-2010, 04:36 AM
Oxymoron: Sane Palin supporter.

justinc.1089
04-11-2010, 05:49 AM
I think you're over-estimating the common Palin supporter. Most of her supporters would say they "like" her as their reason for supporting her, whatever that means. My guess is it means they think if they knew her personally they would be friends with her judging from her choice of words and seemingly similar political views, but people believe lying, corrupt politicians all the time that would befriend them and stab them in the back. So liking a politician is a pretty ignorant thing to do without being very informed about them.

I'm just pointing out I don't think Palin supporters have a substantial reason for supporting her. She doesn't even say anything substantial. She's as vague as you can possibly be. Its amazing how much Palin talks, but how little she truly says at the same time.

So while I agree we need to get them to wake up and start thinking, instead of just deciding to like someone, I don't see how to do it really. Or at least not in a way specific to Palin supporters. There's a female appeal there, but the only way I can think to exploit that is to convince them Ron Paul is a woman, and it just might be possible with Palin supporters...

lynnf
04-11-2010, 06:07 AM
I don't like Palin (neocon, warmonger queen) AT ALL. But some her of supporters are sane and just want a mavericky woman to run..Well she probably won't be running - so we need those supporters who agree with us on fiscal responsibility in our team. They also know that other than Ron, there's no one they can trust.

Conspiracy line: However, little do they know that Palin = establishment mocha light LOL

and what is your justification or evidence for saying she won't run? I'm no fan and I hope she doesn't because she will be a huge embarrassment if she does.

lynn

justinc.1089
04-11-2010, 06:13 AM
and what is your justification or evidence for saying she won't run? I'm no fan and I hope she doesn't because she will be a huge embarrassment if she does.

lynn

I'm kind of starting to think there's a possibility she might not run myself as well, because she doesn't seem to be trying to win polls that hard yet. I just think if she really wanted to win the SRLC poll she could have had a bigger number for example. If Romney can get hundreds of people there for him, she can do the same.

But I'm still very much thinking she will run, maybe she just isn't serious about preparing yet.

payme_rick
04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Yah, not too sure many Palin supporters are sane either... yet anyway... if she doesn't run, or tries but fades early, her supporters would be like a battleground state... instead of votes from a state the dems and repubs battle over, it'd be a group of voters the neo-con and Ron Paul would battle over...

Sane? wouldn't say that... but a group I believe could swing either way? I can see that... we can't afford to not get votes from these people IMO...

smartguy911
04-11-2010, 10:54 AM

others say the same about Ron Paul supporters

Matt Collins
04-11-2010, 10:56 AM
YouTube - Sarah Palin on Ron Paul and Republican partisanship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A)

Badger Paul
04-11-2010, 11:04 AM
I would say over 300 votes without really trying isn't too bad but there was a lot of sentiment there picked up by the media saying she shouldn't run. She isn't ready to run, she isn't ready to be President yet. The question is, will that sink in or she go full steam ahead regardless?

ChaosControl
04-11-2010, 11:05 AM
To think a while back people were thinking about her as a VP for RP.
How times have changed...

You could probably lure some of her supporters, but a lot of them are big pro-war people who will never compromise on the issue.

payme_rick
04-11-2010, 11:14 AM
her supporters, but a lot of them are big pro-war people who will never compromise on the issue.

It would for sure be an uphill battle getting the majority of these voters in our camp, esspecially with the war issue, but I think it is possible... I'm sure there are a lot of her supporters who are the pro-war "Have You Forgotten" silly country-song types, but I don't believe it's the majority of her base...

I think they're a vulnerable bunch...

lynnf
04-11-2010, 11:15 AM
YouTube - Sarah Palin on Ron Paul and Republican partisanship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A)

we need to save this clip..... is she talking about partisanship within the party, but really means partisanship between Dems and Repubs?

at the very least, she's talking in a confusing way, and at the worst doesn't
know wtfsta.

given her past performance, I know which one my money would be on in a bet.

btw, this clip is from 8/31/08, some time ago. wonder what she would say now?

lynn

specsaregood
04-11-2010, 11:17 AM
and what is your justification or evidence for saying she won't run?
She isn't gonna run. She is making too much money being a media personality and it would kill her "aura" if she ran and lost which she would.

Elbridge Gerry
04-11-2010, 11:21 AM
This "tie" at SRLC was a total success . . . it gets Palin on the back burner with the media now.

Romney and Ron Paul are the clear two front runners . . .
and I think the press can start to pick up on that and ignore Palin some.

With the introduction of the opt-out legislation this week, Ron Paul should be getting alot more media attention and press after this very positive SRLC result - he's definitely in the mix, which is all we needed.

We may now start to see some RP invites on to the talk shows like Leno and/or Letterman,
Romney and Palin have been the ones with those recent gigs for the GOP so far.

Let Palin drive around on her bus . . . whatever of her groupies that can get intellectually stimulated over to RP, fine.

Smitty
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Mainstream Republicans are warmongering imperialists. Anyone who is attracted to the neocon message being put out there by Palin will never be a part of the liberty movement.

The slave mentality has been beaten too deeply into them. They're good for nothing but being servants to the empire.

TC95
04-11-2010, 01:05 PM
IBut I'm still very much thinking she will run, maybe she just isn't serious about preparing yet.

I think she's definitely gonna run. She's not serious about preparing because she thinks she can win it on her good looks.

TortoiseDream
04-11-2010, 01:10 PM
There's lots of Palin supporters that are just angry overall about the condition of the country, mostly with the budget and government intrusion and bailouts, but they are still lost. We need to educate these people exactly why their angry is justified and why a large state means less liberty. We need to show these people that there is a unifying set of principles - liberty and peace - under which all our activities arise from, an effort to increase these things. From these you can naturally derive bringing home the troops and other things.

sofia
04-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I dont think she will run. She is more money hungry than she is power hungry IMO.

With the cash she is raking in now, why put up with all the crap of being President?

raiha
04-11-2010, 02:15 PM

They haven't tried very hard to understand them, in that case.

payme_rick
04-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Anyone who is attracted to the neocon message being put out there by Palin will never be a part of the liberty movement.

The slave mentality has been beaten too deeply into them. They're good for nothing but being servants to the empire.

So I should go back to being a servant of the empire?

took me a while, I'm here...

bucfish
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM

If they want a mavericky woman than Carol Paul 2012!

JohnEngland
04-11-2010, 04:26 PM
THIS IS WHY I believe it'll be a great idea to give Palin a copy of Meltdown when she comes to campaign for Rand. I found that book to be very straightforward, easy to read, funny and, most importantly, educational.

So for anyone who's there in Kentucky, get her to read the book!!

This is, of course, based on the belief that she's coming to Kentucky. I believe they said she is and I know that some time in April she's coming for sure anyway:

http://texas4palin.blogspot.com/2009/11/unofficial-sarah-palin-events-calendar.html

On April 16th, she'll be in Louisville. Let's make good use of this opportunity.

Apart from the warmongering aspect of Palin (which seems quite recent, since the 2008 campaign), Palin is a pretty decent person and I believe open to new ideas.

StateofTrance
04-11-2010, 05:35 PM

I know, I know. We that attitude, we never would have brought on board Neocons, Kucinich, Obama etc. supporters

-- Former Liberal

StateofTrance
04-11-2010, 05:37 PM
THIS IS WHY I believe it'll be a great idea to give Palin a copy of Meltdown when she comes to campaign for Rand. I found that book to be very straightforward, easy to read, funny and, most importantly, educational.

So for anyone who's there in Kentucky, get her to read the book!!

This is, of course, based on the belief that she's coming to Kentucky. I believe they said she is and I know that some time in April she's coming for sure anyway:

http://texas4palin.blogspot.com/2009/11/unofficial-sarah-palin-events-calendar.html

On April 16th, she'll be in Louisville. Let's make good use of this opportunity.

Apart from the warmongering aspect of Palin (which seems quite recent, since the 2008 campaign), Palin is a pretty decent person and I believe open to new ideas.

I personally believe that Rand's message has helped bring some Palin supporters into our bandwagon.

StateofTrance
04-11-2010, 05:40 PM

lynn

She's going to be just another ex-politician with her own TV show (think of Joe Scarborough etc.). I think that says it all.

silus
04-11-2010, 05:42 PM
They are really just hockey fans.

StateofTrance
04-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm just pointing out I don't think Palin supporters have a substantial reason for supporting her. She doesn't even say anything substantial. She's as vague as you can possibly be. Its amazing how much Palin talks, but how little she truly says at the same time.

And that's the reason as to why we need to "exploit" and cultivate her supporters. Friend, Ron can only win the GOP nomination if we start painting Palin etc. supporters as "sane" and bring them on board. Do you really think we have a chance if we spit on their face, question their intellect (although rightfully) and then ask for their support?

Brett
04-11-2010, 05:45 PM
To think a while back people were thinking about her as a VP for RP.
How times have changed...

Some of us (me) still want that.
Times haven't changed, but defending the same person to the same criticisms gets old.

You could probably lure some of her supporters, but a lot of them are big pro-war people who will never compromise on the issue.
Anti-terrorist doesn't mean pro-war. Most of them just want to get revenge on Muslim people for 9/11. I've had much success using the Christian Just-War theory and explaining blowback to show that they can get their revenge in a better way then by making ourselves more vulnerable.

Treat them like humans, not irrational savage beasts. It works.

Inflation
04-12-2010, 04:37 AM

It's different when we do it. :rolleyes: