PDA

View Full Version : "America's Youth vs. Big Government" Help this author get published!!!

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Downtrodden, betrayed, overlooked, manipulated, unrepresented- these characterizations easily describe the conditions of our Founding Fathers who were eager to free themselves from the rule of the British Empire, but sadly, they also epitomize the current plight of today's youth, similarly oppressed by the tyrannical rule of today's Big Government. We live in a climate in which our parents' and grandparents' problems have been continuously passed on to the next generation. Unfortunately, due to today's serious economic crisis, a retiring generation of baby boomers, and decades of reckless government spending, these unfunded liabilities must now be reckoned with. This runaway train of federal debt is bearing down on a generation of young people tied to the track. Can it be stopped in time?

In our book, America's Youth vs Big Government: The Battle Over the Fate of a Nation, we have definitively identified the only possible solution to the conflict thrust upon us young people. A hundred years of 'progressive' politics, escalating government control, unconstitutional power-grabs, and sovereignty-dwindling fiscal neglect have led us to a point of no return. Republicans as well as Democrats, through big government expansions and their neglect of individual liberties, have clearly drawn the battle lines and declared war on the youth.

http://americas-youth-vs-big-government.blogspot.com/

This guy is trying to get a book he and his brother wrote published but is having a hard time getting an agent. He says he has asked many libertarian leaning authors for help or advise, only getting responses like this:

Mr. Sorweid, I'm afraid I can't help you; has an astute Google search not turned anything up? Anyway, best of luck.

Let try to help this guy some how.

JeNNiF00F00
04-10-2010, 05:48 PM
bump.

cybloo
04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
This is why we need to establish a small Libertarian publishing company. Anyone got the dough and know-how?

t0rnado
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
You don't need a publishing agent. Just make an ebook.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-10-2010, 08:02 PM

Well Im sure the guys want to make a couple bucks for their hard work and reach a mainstream audience.

sevin
04-10-2010, 10:47 PM

This. Or can't you just spend a little money, self-publish, and list it on amazon? I've heard of no-name authors doing this and making good money because their books come up under the "You might also like..." section on amazon.com.

Cowlesy
04-10-2010, 11:00 PM
//

BetaMale
04-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys, we're having a tough time finding an agent. Check out this reply

Thank you for thinking of me with your query. While this sounds like a strong project, I'm afraid it doesn't strike me as a likely fit with me and my particular editorial contacts. I wish you well in finding the right agent for your work.

Alot of people have been telling us that we have a good project but it doesn't match with their ideology.

Working Poor
04-12-2010, 12:26 PM
there are many self publishing firms and you can make money with ebooks. My h and I have a book @:

www.lulu.com all you have to do there is convert your files to PDF and upload they provide you with a page and marketing tools you can purchase a ISBN and get listed on amazon.com. It is free to publish and you can design your on book cover as well. You can order yourself some copies to promote your book in local bookstores.

here is a link to the book I did with my H

Miami Confidential (http://www.lulu.com/miamiconfidentia)

Working Poor
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
//ooopsie

BetaMale
04-12-2010, 12:50 PM
there are many self publishing firms and you can make money with ebooks. My h and I have a book @:

www.lulu.com all you have to do there is convert your files to PDF and upload they provide you with a page and marketing tools you can purchase a ISBN and get listed on amazon.com. It is free to publish and you can design your on book cover as well. You can order yourself some copies to promote your book in local bookstores.

here is a link to the book I did with my H

Miami Confidential (http://www.lulu.com/miamiconfidentia)

Cool, we've definitely checked out lulu.com. Have you had success promoting yourself?

BetaMale
04-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Now we have a facebook group is you guys are interested in following our progress. Any help passing this on is much appreciated.

Working Poor
04-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Cool, we've definitely checked out lulu.com. Have you had success promoting yourself?

yes we went to a couple of book fairs and took copies of the book to some local bookstores we had a lot of fun with it and made a few bucks too.:)