PDA

View Full Version : The Good News About Ron Paul Losing by One Vote

MRoCkEd
04-10-2010, 04:59 PM
This will be a great way to encourage people to attend future events.

Don't think you will make a difference? Remember, Ron Paul lost the SRLC straw poll by one vote.

Also, this might be a good thing for perception. If Ron Paul wins by a large margin, they write him off as "spamming the polls." But when he gets a strong second and they don't comment on it, he appears to just be one of the top-tier candidates.

Carole
04-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Is it possible that this legitimizes him more than had he (Paul) won by large margin? :)

RM918
04-10-2010, 05:06 PM
All the outlets are making a big deal about Romney and barely mentioning Paul, despite the tie.

KramerDSP
04-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Is it possible that this legitimizes him more than had he (Paul) won by large margin? :)

Couldn't agree more.

MelissaWV
04-10-2010, 05:07 PM
This will be a great way to encourage people to attend future events.

...and be early. Just because something "begins" at 1pm does not mean to arrive at 12:59pm. Arrive super early, be sure of what you need to have, where you need to be, and what you need to do.

MRoCkEd
04-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Good point. I updated the OP.

RM918
04-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately, the anti-Pauls are going to have a roaring field day about this despite the great accomplishment pulled by our people.

Jack Bauer
04-10-2010, 05:13 PM
All the outlets are making a big deal about Romney and barely mentioning Paul, despite the tie.

It will only expose their fake conservative stand to a lot more people.

Let them do it. It'll come back to bite their own ass.

wgadget
04-10-2010, 05:14 PM

Time to call your handy-dandy talk-show host..Monday.

wgadget
04-10-2010, 05:15 PM
It will only expose their fake conservative stand to a lot more people.

Let them do it. It'll come back to bite their own ass.

SO MANY people are against Romney because of what he's done to the state of MA.

Personally, I find the results questionable.

BlackTerrel
04-10-2010, 05:15 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing!

speciallyblend
04-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Ron paul Won today in Lake County Colorado by a vote of 16-9 out of 25 votes for a real local office:)

Kevin Cannell (RON PAUL REPUBLICAN) is gonna be on our local ballot:)

John Taylor
04-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately, the anti-Pauls are going to have a roaring field day about this despite the great accomplishment pulled by our people.

I think this is a good statement, even if some of our guys were hung-over and got there late. A second place finish by one vote is press worthy, and to be honest, despite Carl Cameron's huge neo-con bias, he's done a fairly good job just now giving Ron credit.

Bruno
http://i42.tinypic.com/2mgv5mc.jpg

John Taylor
Ron paul Won today in Lake County Colorado by a vote of 16-9 out of 25 votes for real office:)

Kevin Cannell )RON PAUL REPUBLICAN) is gonna be on our local ballot:)

Is he the endorsed candidate then? Or was this qualifying for the ballot?

radiofriendly
04-10-2010, 05:18 PM
YouTube - Evangelicals for Mitt @ the SRLC! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-qBHJuhnKg)

The Real Mitt Romney:
YouTube - The Real Romney? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IJUkYUbvI)

The campaign ads we could make if the primary is Romney vs. Paul...are gorgeous.

Newt Gingrich 18% (321)
Mike Huckabee 4%
Gary Johnson 1%
Sarah Palin 18% (330)
Ron Paul 24% (438)
Tim Pawlenty 3%
Mike Pence 3%
Mitt Romney 24% (439)
Rick Santorum 2%

SRLC

wgadget
04-10-2010, 05:18 PM
ron paul won today in lake county colorado by a vote of 16-9 out of 25 votes for a real local office:)

kevin cannell (ron paul republican) is gonna be on our local ballot:)

yay, freedom! :d

ifthenwouldi
04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
6% of people had Ron Paul as their 2nd choice. Who do you think those people voted for and what can we do to change their minds?

speciallyblend
04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Is he the endorsed candidate then? Or was this qualifying for the ballot?

qualifying for the ballot;) and he got a majority support to be on ballot:) over the well known candidate. A huge message was sent to our local gop today:) 16-9;) plus we have alot of support outside and inside the gop for kevin across all party lines. the only way the gop will win the seat is if kevin is our candidate or the dems will win;) we were only 2 votes from out right winning the seat;)

TroySmith
04-10-2010, 05:20 PM
CNN just covered it. Mentioned a few times that Romney won by only one vote over Paul. An objective report.

low preference guy
04-10-2010, 05:21 PM
We are good. Ron Paul is going to get a lot of interviews. He is gonna say that he "feels very encouraged" by the result, and then will talk about the wars, the fed, and healthcare.

speciallyblend
04-10-2010, 05:26 PM
We are good. Ron Paul is going to get a lot of interviews. He is gonna say that he "feels very encouraged" by the result, and then will talk about the wars, the fed, and healthcare.

blame the one vote on me i had to go to my gop assembly:(

Rede
04-10-2010, 05:27 PM
The bad news...

@WRSpolling: Ron Paul comes in dead last as the second choice in the #SRLC straw poll http://bit.ly/aHipZS #2012

Good news...

These results might give Paul the attention/chance to win-over some people. In the end, what will really matter is Iowa and New Hampshire.

raiha
04-10-2010, 05:30 PM
The Military Industrial Complex and the Medical Industrial Complex won't like this one bit.

Carole
04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
GMTA :D :eek:

tangent4ronpaul
04-10-2010, 05:48 PM

Check out the print media. Most newspapers are emphasizing how close it was IN THE HEADLINE!

-t

TastyWheat
04-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, just think if Ron had won. If they mentioned it at all they'd have to say he was the winner. When Ron comes in 2nd the media makes it a point not to mention it or blatantly leave him out of the results (I'm talking to you Faux News).

speciallyblend
04-10-2010, 05:52 PM
no worries, these games fox and the establishment gop play will only alienate them further from voters in general elections!!

BlackTerrel
04-10-2010, 05:56 PM
CNN just covered it. Mentioned a few times that Romney won by only one vote over Paul. An objective report.

I have to think this is better than Paul winning. Just makes it seem more legitimate.

catdd
04-10-2010, 06:00 PM
We had to let them win one so they wouldn't close the straw polls.

phill4paul
04-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I have to think this is better than Paul winning. Just makes it seem more legitimate.

I'm happy for your enthusiasm BT. I don't feel it myself, but then it was a hard ten hours at work and I was looking forward to a win when I got home.
I see your point though. Guess this little camper will just have to pop a top and put in some inspiring music.

silus
04-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Agreed. And i'm not being a monday morning quarterback about this. I Posted this a few days ago...

A second place showing would be the most ideal outcome. To come out ahead would make it too easy to dismiss. To be right in contention would force them to accept the complete results.

This was the best result from the beginning.

sgthoma
04-10-2010, 06:12 PM
The fact that Ron came in last for second choice just further reiterates the fact the other candidates are just interchangeable idiots

Edit: except for Gary Johnson

BlackTerrel
04-10-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm happy for your enthusiasm BT. I don't feel it myself, but then it was a hard ten hours at work and I was looking forward to a win when I got home.
I see your point though. Guess this little camper will just have to pop a top and put in some inspiring music.

I'm pretty even keel I guess. There is no one thing that is going to make me jump for joy or to lose it and weep. It's all small battles along the way.

I do however see this as a positive. It makes us look like legit and takes away the "stacked the deck" argument since he didn't win.

Andrew-Austin
04-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Check out the print media. Most newspapers are emphasizing how close it was IN THE HEADLINE!

-t

Understandably so. That is the story, in that its an interesting fact about the event that would be quite strange to leave out.

Peace&Freedom
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
The virtual tie was a win for Paul, because even if the media tries to only mention Romney, the fact remains that liberty people can mobilize to match or win future straw votes outright. No way does this de-moralize us, it actually speeds up our determination to mobilize better and harder in upcoming polls and event.

One thing to watch out for is falling back into being over-focused on what cable news media coverage Paul gets for his achievements. Folks, only a small fragment of the voting public actually watches these shows, don't get wrapped up in a snub by FOX or a diss by MSNBC, on shows that may only get viewed by a few hundred thousand people NATIONWIDE. Concentrate instead on getting Paul to a win in Iowa and/or New Hampshire in 2012.

Andrew-Austin
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
The virtual tie was a win for Paul, because even if the media tries to only mention Romney, the fact remains that liberty people can mobilize to match or win future straw votes outright. No way does this de-moralize us, it actually speeds up our determination to mobilize better and harder in upcoming polls and event.

One thing to watch out for is falling back into being over-focused on what cable news media coverage Paul gets for his achievements. Folks, only a small fragment of the voting public actually watches these shows, don't get wrapped up in a snub by FOX or a diss by MSNBC, on shows that may only get viewed by a few hundred thousand people NATIONWIDE. Concentrate instead on getting Paul to a win in Iowa and/or New Hampshire in 2012.

It helps name recognition and the image of "electability" and legitimacy. Which helps a lot in the way he is treated in the election, no battling to be merely included in debates.

Michigan11
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Ron is already winning the presidency for 2012, that is the message out of this straw poll. We don't want our movement to become too comfortable, loosing by a vote pisses us off to press harder. That's what I love about the individuals in this movement and this is what brings others to join. Hell Yeah People!

Badger Paul
04-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Hopefully some of the wanna be's (Santorum, Pence, Pawlenty) see these results, get wise and stay out of 2012. We don't need 20 people at the debates. Ideally the field should be Paul, Romney, Palin.

phill4paul
04-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty even keel I guess. There is no one thing that is going to make me jump for joy or to lose it and weep. It's all small battles along the way.

I do however see this as a positive. It makes us look like legit and takes away the "stacked the deck" argument since he didn't win.

Hey, heh! Seems for both of us it isn't our first rodeo.

Just with the C4L tickets, the hotel contribution and the (THE) Collins "belly-scam" I'd have like to have come home after a ten hour work day to a victory.

I can see the positive though. Tough for Sideburns to dismiss straw poll results if he won one.:) It actually could be a good.

The Patriot
04-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Hopefully some of the wanna be's (Santorum, Pence, Pawlenty) see these results, get wise and stay out of 2012. We don't need 20 people at the debates. Ideally the field should be Paul, Romney, Palin.

Those would make for interesting debates. Between Romney's side stepping and Palin's intellectual depth(just kidding), Ron Paul would come out looking like a Golden Boy and get a lot more time than he did in 08.