PDA

View Full Version : RP to introduce opt-out bill next week

lynnf
04-10-2010, 03:22 PM
in his SRLC speech, RP said he would introduce a bill next week to allow opting out of Soetorocare (he actually said Obamacare or Obama-whatever, I believe).

ya-hoo!

lynn

Bruno
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
He also said it would probably be a one page Bill.

This is an excellent move. It will make his fellow Republicans put up or shut up and show their true colors. How will they be able to face the criticism if they don't support it?

rp08orbust
04-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Awesome!

lynnf
04-10-2010, 08:33 PM

This is an excellent move. It will make his fellow Republicans put up or shut up and show their true colors. How will they be able to face the criticism if they don't support it?

maybe if it doesn't obviously pass, he can get a roll call vote so that the sob's that vote against it will be exposed.

lynn

QueenB4Liberty
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I was happy when I heard this. :D

micahnelson
04-10-2010, 08:51 PM
This is something some democrats would support, It would be nice to see him get a bill passed.

heavenlyboy34
04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
in his SRLC speech, RP said he would introduce a bill next week to allow opting out of Soetorocare (he actually said Obamacare or Obama-whatever, I believe).

ya-hoo!

lynn

woot! :D:cool:

JosephTheLibertarian
04-10-2010, 10:20 PM

The dems will kill it so it doesn't matter.

dr. hfn
04-10-2010, 10:21 PM
it's great that he said this during his speech, too bad he didn't remind people to vote for him...

sevin
04-10-2010, 10:39 PM
The dems will kill it so it doesn't matter.

yeah, you're right. Why even bother introducing bills like this? The dems will kill it anyway. What's the point? sigh...

http://www.dizpins.com/archives/images/2006februarypics/wdw_smiling_eeyore_021306.jpg

Wolverine302
04-10-2010, 11:27 PM
i love it. i think it will be passed, but remember who's in office. it'll pass, but do we have 2/3s?
this will put a lot of pressure on those who vote no. I love it!!!!

he is also setting the benchmark for new bills, keep it short stupid!!!

rawful
04-11-2010, 03:42 AM
I think it's brilliant, even if it doesn't pass. It taps into two of the biggest things most Americans are angry about: Obamacare and passing bills that nobody reads.

Things like auditing the Fed and whatnot are important, but the masses aren't informed enough to care all that much about it. This bill could make RP the face of the anti-Obamacare crowd, and he could gain support from those who are unsure about him for 2012. We need to promote THE HELL out of this!

JosephTheLibertarian
04-11-2010, 07:08 AM
yeah, you're right. Why even bother introducing bills like this? The dems will kill it anyway. What's the point? sigh...

http://www.dizpins.com/archives/images/2006februarypics/wdw_smiling_eeyore_021306.jpg

LOL. Actually Rabbit was always my favorite ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Rabbitpooh.jpg

But it's true. I'm just responding to the people saying the GOP will kill it. I'm saying that the GOP doesn't have the votes to pass it.

Juan McCain
04-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Many co-sponsors can also get on board to save them from the scrutiny and wrath of voters in the mid-term elections . . .
While it may not make it out of committee - so not a vote under a Pelosi-led House (unless we really get on them with political pressure somehow)
it does show of yet another option to challenge and save the nation from the disaster of the new blitzkrieg of IRS troops that come with the ObamaCare penalty.

And with a November GOP landslide it could then be re-introduced as well with a definite vote.

RM918
04-11-2010, 08:38 AM
I just hope he actually takes this one seriously like the Audit the Fed Bill and it doesn't die in committee like a great majority of his legislation.

SevenEyedJeff
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
The democratic leadership will allow this bill to pass, but only enough yea votes for those who actually have a chance to hold onto their seat in November. It will never be enough to override the veto of el presidente.

itshappening
04-11-2010, 09:54 AM
We need to work hard on this and get the GOP leadership behind it

JamesButabi
04-11-2010, 10:02 AM
This doesn't need to pass to be successful. Just as all of the wonderful press we received and talking points with HR 1207, this will be equally as big and easier to understand to the average person. Its up to us to hold people accountable and make it big.

Matt Collins
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
it's great that he said this during his speech, too bad he didn't remind people to vote for him...
Registration had closed by the time he spoke.

givemeliberty
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
The democratic leadership will allow this bill to pass, but only enough yea votes for those who actually have a chance to hold onto their seat in November. It will never be enough to override the veto of el presidente.

and if he vetoes it, it will look to the people very much like tyranny.