PDA

View Full Version : GOP Vows to Oppose ‘Liberal’ Judge. Yawn.

Anti Federalist
04-10-2010, 01:48 PM
GOP Vows to Oppose ‘Liberal’ Judge. Yawn.

Posted by Ryan W. McMaken on April 10, 2010 11:41 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/55525.html

The GOP promises a “whale of a fight” if the new SCOTUS nominee is too “liberal.” By “too liberal” they no doubt mean a judge who is perhaps unwilling to imprison people without any due process whatsoever. Maybe, a “liberal” judge might actually oppose presidential edicts that authorize assassinations of American citizens without trial.

The model, no doubt, would be someone like Scalia who thinks that the government should be able to search and detain Americans at any time for any reason.

The whole affair will likely be as boring and pointless as the “opposition” that the GOP mustered up against that Sotomayor whose biggest offense (according to the GOP) was the “wise Latina” comment.

All members of SCOTUS are establishment monsters, of course, who support the state’s power to tax, kill, imprison, and ruin the lives of anyone who dares oppose the state. But, the GOP has no problem with that. They just want to make sure that they can continue with their police state unopposed.

And abortion! What a joke it is that anyone thinks the GOP cares about that. Eight years in a row, Bush signed Federal budgets (many of which were submitted by a GOP-controlled Congress) containing millions of dollars in funding for planned parenthood. But hey, why should they care about humans in utero when they’re so happy to drop bombs on infants ex utero?

BuddyRey
04-10-2010, 03:36 PM
My sentiments exactly!

james1906
04-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Don't tell me, they also want a 'strict constructionist who won't legislate from the bench.'

TastyWheat
04-10-2010, 06:10 PM
If Sotomayor wasn't too liberal for them I don't think Obama's next nominee will have any trouble.

brandon
04-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Who's retiring?

phill4paul
04-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Who's retiring?

Justice John Paul Stevens.

phill4paul
04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I agree with ya AF. SC(r)OTUS has and always will be stocked by those that choose to "re-interpret" the Constitution as opposed to upholding it.