PDA

View Full Version : The Fed: proud owners of a Chick Fil-A and AMC movie theatre

emazur
04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125764118&ft=1&f=1001

As part of the bailouts of AIG and Bear Stearns, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York spent more than $70 billion to buy toxic assets the companies owned. Last week, prompted by a lawsuit filed by Bloomberg News, the Fed finally told the world exactly what it bought.

The Fed now owns loans to Hilton hotels in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Malaysia and Trinidad. It owns loans to the Miami airport, and the Civic Opera House in Chicago.

It also owned a loan to Crossroads Mall in Oklahoma City. Then, when the owners of the mall couldn't make the payments, the Fed foreclosed. So now it owns the mall, which includes a Chick-fil-A and an AMC theater.

Fox McCloud
04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125764118&ft=1&f=1001

now just imagine what will come out if/when Ron Paul's audit the fed bill passes....I don't think any of us will sleep for weeks.

LibertyMage
04-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Retarded. End the fucking Federal Reserve.

nate895
04-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Will that force Chick-Fil-A to open on Sundays for separation of church and state purposes?

Jordan
04-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Will that force Chick-Fil-A to open on Sundays for separation of church and state purposes?

LOL.

I hate that they're closed on Sunday. For real. If I'm willing to pay $7.52 for a large nugget combo they can afford to be open every day of the week.

nate895
04-10-2010, 01:26 AM
LOL.

I hate that they're closed on Sunday. For real. If I'm willing to pay $7.52 for a large nugget combo they can afford to be open every day of the week.

It isn't about not paying for it, it's about the fact that the people that own it are devout Christians who refuse to work on Sundays, and will not have their employees do so either.

As an aside, I hate that I don't have a Chick-fil-A in town.

Kotin
04-10-2010, 01:32 AM
we just got a chick fil a in my town a couple weeks ago.. finally.. its always packed but has really good service despite that..

..PAUL4PRES..
04-10-2010, 01:42 AM
we just got a chick fil a in my town a couple weeks ago.. finally.. its always packed but has really good service despite that..

Chick fil a has always given me GREAT service.

Fox McCloud
04-10-2010, 03:08 AM
As an aside, I hate that I don't have a Chick-fil-A in town.

Aye! There isn't one in my town; the nearest is about an hour or more away in a mall.

In any event, I have no problem with their Sunday policy if it's the owner's wishes, though, personally, I wish they'd end the policy and merely make it rotational or so that those who do not want to go to church have the option to work on Sundays.

Ahh well, that's just me....I still absolutely love their food to death.

dwdollar
04-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Chick-Fil-A and AMC are about the only two things in Crossroads Mall. I guess you could count the cell phone booth too.

Philhelm
04-10-2010, 04:14 AM
I love Chick-fil-A. While I wish that they were open on Sundays, at the same time, I respect the fact that there is a fast food chain that is not open every day of the week. At least when I purchase food there, I can know that the store's workers get at least one day during the weekend off. Stores are open too often as it is. Do we really need 24/7 availability to practically everything?

Oh, and to bring my post back on task: Fuck the Fed.

Agorism
04-10-2010, 05:01 AM
If and when we manage to end the Federal Reserve, the U.S. would default on it's debt.

This brings up the danger of the politicians seizing 401K's and IRS retirement accounts to prop up treasuries. In which case the people would be shit out of luck, but this is another reason why everyone should own physical gold so that if the government totally screws you, you have at least something left.

RCA
04-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Chick-Fil-A is the BEST fast food on the earth. I grew up with them in ATL and our next door neighbor was a CFA executive. He always brought over chicken breast cases, without the secret seasoning which gets added at the stores, but still tasty.

lester1/2jr
04-10-2010, 09:46 AM
this is lamentable but, I have to admit, alot less sinister than I thought it would be