PDA

View Full Version : Are the years & years of media brainwashing to much?

Griffith
04-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Can RP overcome years of being marginalized by the media? My friend doesn't know the difference between a Keynesian and Austrian economist, doesn't think that the media, be it MSNBC or FoxNews, is biased, doesn't know the difference between conservatism, liberalism, and progressivism but thinks that Ron Paul is crazy and a nutcase.

Anyone else come across this?

Philhelm
04-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Yes, the majority of people are in the dark politically. I would not blame the media so much as the dumbing-down of our society. Face it, most people are simply dense.

Anti Federalist
04-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Can RP overcome years of being marginalized by the media? My friend doesn't know the difference between a Keynesian and Austrian economist, doesn't think that the media, be it MSNBC or FoxNews, is biased, doesn't know the difference between conservatism, liberalism, and progressivism but thinks that Ron Paul is crazy and a nutcase.

Anyone else come across this?

All the time.

They can't find Iraq or Iran on a map, don't know the difference between a Sunni or a Shia', have no clue about about anything, but they'll tell you all about why we need to bomb Iran.

emazur
04-09-2010, 11:57 PM
He he overcome b/c I think next time he won't be marginalized by the media (he's certainly been in high demand since the election), there will be well-put-together youtube videos of showing how Ron Paul was right about the economic crisis and terrorism and war (already more and more are saying "Ron Paul was right"). The economy will be in terrible condition come 2012 and Ron Paul will be the only one with the answers - this will get most of the attention in the GOP debates, not a terrorist attack from 10 years ago. Should Paul get the nomination, he'll go up against Obama but everyone will hate Obama by 2012. Obama's previous college kid brigade will go Paul, the GOP establishment voters will go Paul (even if they hate him - they vote for shitty candidates noone would care about like McCain and Dole so they'll bite the bullet and vote Paul). It'll be a repeat of Reagan vs. Carter

Paul's backers will be much more organized next time, Paul will also get much more money next time, the winds will be blowing in the direction of Paul and the people will go with the wind - they need not know about Austrian economics and such. Paul won't be ignored