PDA

View Full Version : Contacted by Senator

Legend1104
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Ok so today after I got through teaching my last class, I checked my voicemail and received a message from someone in Sen. Roger Wicker's office (My senator from MS). He said basically that they had received my email about the Belligerence Act that was sponsored by McCain (that Wicker supports) and that the Senator told him to call me and answer any of my questions. I find myself a little caught off guard. I have emailed at least 5 times in the passed 6 months, mostly about auditing the Fed. All the times before he either ignored me or sent me a pretyped message (he sent me the exact same one twice). Anyway, I think he called because I said that I was not voting for him and would tell others I knew not too either. I called back, but I think they were closed. To be honest, I read the bill but I am not well versed in it. I know that in parts of it allow the gov. to arrest American citizens and hold them indefinitely, but I do not know much else. Any suggestions?

LibertyMage
04-10-2010, 12:27 AM
You have done something that made the senators office notice. He is getting back because he fears retaliation. You have an opportunity to impact his vote. You are going to have to become well versed on that bill, tell him why you don't want him to vote on it and threaten to organize against him if he does.

Reason
04-10-2010, 12:47 AM
See the indefinite detention image in my signature,

Click it.

GunnyFreedom
04-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Connect it to Admiral Dennis Blair, Director of National Intelligence, telling Congress that he reserved the right to assassinate (hit-list) Americans at will, note the American currently in Yemen that was just hit-listed by President Obama, tie in the MIAC Report on Right Wing extremism, and ask him that if we let this go, then what will stop President Obama from locking up (without due process) any American who believes in a secure national border should they become a "political enemy" of the Obama Administration.

Regardless of the fact that President Obama is likely to do it anyway, John McCain's bill would seem to add a Republican stamp of endorsement to President Obama's violation of the Constitutionally recognized right to due process.

Are we sure we want to cast Republicans as allies of President Obama's misadventures in violating the Constitution?

:D

Legend1104
04-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Am I not mistaken, but isnt someone that is captured, even being suspected of treason, in time of peace supposed to be tried by civil courts? This bill says they will be held by the military.