PDA

View Full Version : Romney Activist on SRLC: Ron Paul is "Gonna Kill us" at the Straw Poll

RonPaulFanInGA
04-09-2010, 09:12 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/2010/04/evangelicals_for_romney_loweri.html

Evangelicals for Romney lowering expectations for SRLC straw poll

NEW ORLEANS -- The grassroots group Evangelicals for Romney has made a decent-sized splash here at the SRLC, with massive signs in the hall across from the ballroom, piggy banks with their slogans carved on the side ("Elect a president who won't break the bank!"), and a key banner placement in the background of the bar where Sean Hannity will film his show.

But while the group isn't talking about where its money came from, founder Nancy French told me that it bought "a couple hundred" tickets for supporters to come in and support Romney in the straw poll. I informed French that supporters of Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) have snagged more than 600 tickets.

"Oh, they're gonna kill us!" said French.

There are around 3600 SRLC attendees, and not all are participating in the straw poll, but I'm already running into Paul supporters who've arrived to back their candidate. And I wouldn't bet on vote-splitting between Paul and libertarian former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson, who's here testing the waters. Johnson, given the very last speaking slot of the day, drew less than 50 people in the room that Palin packed this morning.

speciallyblend
04-09-2010, 09:14 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/2010/04/evangelicals_for_romney_loweri.html

i so hope so:) RON PAUL 2012 HOPE FOR AMERICA

Andrew-Austin
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Gary Johnson should be Ron's Veep or the other way around.

speciallyblend
04-09-2010, 09:23 PM
RON PAUL 2012, we don't need any stinking Straw Polls:) the gop has one option Ron Paul. We have 2 options Ron Paul GOP or RON PAUL(indy or whatever party he decides to run on)

the gop establishment backed itself into a corner and if they do not get with the program they will alienate themselves!!

dr. hfn
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
don't vote for Gary!

Imperial
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
don't vote for Gary!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/2010/04/behold_the_srlc_straw_poll_bal.html

Look at the ballot. THere is a question "who is your second pick?" Clearly that should be Gary Johnson. It is a non-issue.

Also, the pollsters running it, Wilson Research Strategies, did polling for Peter Schiff early in his run for Senate.

justinc.1089
04-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Wow thats a good sign if Paul supporters are taking up 600 out of 3600 for sure, and Romney supporters are only taking up 200 out of 3600 for sure! I hope Paul wins this poll too.

Lately liberty has been an unstoppable juggernaut in the media. I can't wait to see Hannity cry if we win again lmao. LMAO. LMAO!

devil21
04-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Elect a president who won't break the bank!

Naaa...he'll just own it instead. He and Bain Capital will buy it, then gut it while taking the profits, then file bankruptcy and get a bailout.

Taco John
04-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Second verse, same as the first: Ron Paul.

A Son of Liberty
04-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Elect a president who won't break the bank!

:lol: Mitt Romneycare won't break the bank? :lol:

They're doing their campaigning for us!

(Lord, grant me the strength necessary to suffer these nincompoops)

Dan Chisholm
04-10-2010, 09:13 AM
If Mitt even gets in the Top 5 without showing up and in the territory democrats keep saying Mitt is hated in, I will be surprised. I hope Mitt and Ron Paul take the top two spots because they deserve it based on the tenacity of the support for them, but we'll see.