PDA

View Full Version : Rand's ABC online segment for today.

BamaFanNKy
04-09-2010, 04:35 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/top-line-kentucky-senate-candidate-rand-paul-tea-10333310?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

TXcarlosTX
04-09-2010, 04:49 PM
he looks tired. good ending. overall good interview

0zzy
04-09-2010, 04:50 PM
rofl. saved by the bell! :D

Don't Tread on Mike
04-09-2010, 04:54 PM
good thing they let him off the hook there at the end lol. good interview.

BamaFanNKy
04-09-2010, 04:55 PM
I was really impressed by the interviewers. Fair yet, tough.

Rand looks tired because he's been on a bus all week going through Eastern Kentucky. I break out in cold sweats thinking of my years playing H.S. football and being transported on those small E.Ky. roads to the games. I swear we went upside down on the way to one.

dannno
04-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Pretty good.

sailingaway
04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I worry about his call on earmarks. I support him and have donated to him, commented on adverse articles, etc, but his father has a principled, and I believe correct position on earmarks and how that ties to separation of powers and reducing unconstitutional power delegated to the executive. Ron Paul thinks ALL money spent should be earmarked, but votes against the bill if it is unconstitutional spending, or isn't paid for. I like that position and wonder if Rand is pandering here. He can't not understand the issues. I'm hoping there is some other way to deal with this in the Senate that wasn't available to RP in the House, and he isn't giving up the issue altogether.

low preference guy
04-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I worry about his call on earmarks. I support him and have donated to him, commented on adverse articles, etc, but his father has a principled, and I believe correct position on earmarks and how that ties to separation of powers and reducing unconstitutional power delegated to the executive. Ron Paul thinks ALL money spent should be earmarked, but votes against the bill if it is unconstitutional spending, or isn't paid for. I like that position and wonder if Rand is pandering here. He can't not understand the issues. I'm hoping there is some other way to deal with this in the Senate that wasn't available to RP in the House, and he isn't giving up the issue altogether.

Rand's position is leaving the money in the states in the first place, so the Congress doesn't have money to even earmark.

Galileo Galilei
04-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Rand needs to be careful when answering questions about social security, no matter how tired he is.