PDA

View Full Version : War propoganda

MsDoodahs
10-09-2007, 10:46 PM
I know Ron called 'em out on it, but did anyone else get the feeling that the rest of that bunch are salivating over the thought of attacking Iran?

I expect Hillary/Obama/Edwards to do it if they win.

I feel like the politicians are in a hurry to do it, too.

Weird....

skiingff
10-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I know Ron called 'em out on it, but did anyone else get the feeling that the rest of that bunch are salivating over the thought of attacking Iran?

I expect Hillary/Obama/Edwards to do it if they win.

I feel like the politicians are in a hurry to do it, too.

Weird....

Yup.

speciallyblend
10-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I concur,its very weird

purepaloma
10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
The more and more RP talks about it.....the more people are starting to think twice about it.

I know, I used to support the war.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 12:08 AM
The more and more RP talks about it.....the more people are starting to think twice about it.

The more I hear this story the lighter my heart gets. Welcome home.

jjschless
10-10-2007, 12:09 AM
As Dr. Paul has quoted, "War is the health of the State." Nearly all of the candidates want a really plump healthy state.

Santana28
10-10-2007, 01:08 AM
you know what i find really REALLY weird?

How "Nuclear Energy" comes up so often now in debates. I'm seeing commercials with blue skies and children running through the grass in front of "clean, Nuclear energy." Every candidate is touting how we need to expand our nuclear energy. Heck, even President Bush mentioned something about bringing mothballed nuclear powerplants back into use again.

The paranoid personality in me finds this very offputting.

I live less than 10 miles from a mothballed nuclear powerplant. Why the hell would we need more of these ticking time-bombs?

Corydoras
10-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Why the hell would we need more of these ticking time-bombs?

Peak oil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

TheIndependent
10-10-2007, 01:31 AM
They all want to play executioner and, ironically, savior. They want to look like a president who ended America's strife, but instead they're headed toward bringing America to its knees.

wbbgjr
10-10-2007, 01:53 AM
These politicians are too arrogant. They can't see things from the Iraqis or Iranian side.

Also, they are so ignorant regarding the economy. Hell, even Bernanke is ignorant. I think it's the product of being in that environment that you start to believe all your own BS.

Thomas_Paine
10-10-2007, 02:01 AM

Absolutely perfectly put.

Keith
10-10-2007, 05:18 AM
If it was not for Ron Paul calling propaganda by its name we might already be bombing Iran today.

bobmurph
10-10-2007, 05:50 AM
It's only going to help our cause if they continue to talk about Iran. The American people already don't want THIS war...and they're talking about starting ANOTHER ONE!!!! Ron Paul is the only (serious) candidate that doesn't want to go to war with Iran and wants to get our military back home to defend this country.

Dr. Paul spoke for by far the least amount of time but his message was clear in the limited time he spoke. 3 points stand out to me.

1. First comment on monetary policy & relation to foreign policy. Simple, clear, quick.

2. Smack down on Romney about the lawyers.

3. Smack down on Rudy. This one is getting as much attention, but it was an excellent demonstration of Rudy's lack of knowledge and blatant attempt to fear monger. We've never faced an imminent attack in 220 years. WE DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW ABOUT 9/11 BEFOREHAND RUDY!!! Or am I missing something here...did you know??? Just what, exactly, are you suggesting, Mr Mayor???

If the media was on our side at all they would/could/should have Paul coming out of this debate smelling like a rose....of course that won't happen...but their lack of integrity will only continue to motivate the growing army of revolutionaries to get the messages out themselves.

yongrel
10-10-2007, 05:54 AM
3. Smack down on Rudy. This one is getting as much attention, but it was an excellent demonstration of Rudy's lack of knowledge and blatant attempt to fear monger. We've never faced an imminent attack in 220 years. WE DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW ABOUT 9/11 BEFOREHAND RUDY!!! Or am I missing something here...did you know??? Just what, exactly, are you suggesting, Mr Mayor???

Jeez, I'm starting to seriously question Rudy's intelligence.

MsDoodahs
10-10-2007, 06:35 AM
It's only going to help our cause if they continue to talk about Iran. The American people already don't want THIS war...and they're talking about starting ANOTHER ONE!!!! Ron Paul is the only (serious) candidate that doesn't want to go to war with Iran and wants to get our military back home to defend this country.

Dr. Paul spoke for by far the least amount of time but his message was clear in the limited time he spoke. 3 points stand out to me.

1. First comment on monetary policy & relation to foreign policy. Simple, clear, quick.

2. Smack down on Romney about the lawyers.

If the media was on our side at all they would/could/should have Paul coming out of this debate smelling like a rose....of course that won't happen...but their lack of integrity will only continue to motivate the growing army of revolutionaries to get the messages out themselves.

THANK YOU!

richard1984
10-10-2007, 06:46 AM

I think that the really cool thing about this is that RP doesn't have to say much to get the message through. When he talks about monetary policy and sound currency, runaway inflation, etc., I think it flips and switch and turns a light on in people's heads. I know that I hadn't ever thought about it before, but when I heard RP talk about it I immediately knew what he was talking about. It was one of those "why didn't I see it before?!" kind of things. And I think that a lot of other people are having (and have had) the same sort of reaction. I wonder how many people RP "woke up" yesterday.

Dr. Paul knows what he's doing. At the time, I felt like RP was repeating himself too much about sound money, but now that I think about it, I think he did that with the intention of snapping people out of it. You know?

I wonder how many people Ron Paul has gotten through to and "woken up" with just a few simple sentences. I suspect it's a bunch--and soon to be a lot more! :cool:

MsDoodahs
10-10-2007, 06:57 AM
The ideas are extremely powerful, and Ron delivers with skill.

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 07:05 AM
The ideas are extremely powerful, and Ron delivers with skill.

Absolutely. In the time he had, Ron was superb last night.

bobmurph
10-10-2007, 07:13 AM
I think that the really cool thing about this is that RP doesn't have to say much to get the message through. When he talks about monetary policy and sound currency, runaway inflation, etc., I think it flips and switch and turns a light on in people's heads.

Absolutely. After the other guys talk I find myself thinking "what did he just say?", "what exactly is he talking about?". Their messages are so convoluted. They make every issue seem so complex (this is what liberals do).

Ron Paul, OTOH, makes you think after he makes a statement. He sends clear & concise messages. Whether a person agrees or disagrees with Dr. Paul's position he just stated...at least they know what he is talking about and spend time thinking about the stance & the issue, rather than pondering what he is trying to say (which is the case with the other candidates).

The thing that turned my on to the Republicans/conservatives when I was not very politically aware was that they are black & white on issues. Democrats are always in the gray areas. Now everyone just mudders around in the gray areas except for Dr. Paul who is black & white on the issues.

literatim
10-10-2007, 07:25 AM
These neo-cons and neo-libs literally want to build Israel an empire.

johngr
10-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Peak oil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

Snake oil.