PDA

View Full Version : If Ron Paul Wins Another Straw Poll Republicans May Stop Using Them!

PeacePlan
04-09-2010, 09:19 AM
YouTube - If Ron Paul Wins Another Straw Poll Republicans May Stop Using Them! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwJM910v3ro)

Ekrub
04-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Figures... I think the Republicans are getting nervous. Ron Paul's brand is getting much more recognition and I think people are waking up to that. They are getting nervous and going to try and stop his momentum any way they can.

kahless
04-09-2010, 09:43 AM
It is kind of hard to get Obama II (Mitt Romney) elected in 2012 when you have candidates true to thier beliefs like Ron Paul winning straw polls. So it makes sense for them to control the process by purging Conservative candidates and flood the selections with big government progressive Republicans.

This way they can guarantee a big government progressive Republican victory in 2012. We need to do our own purging of progressives so this does not happen.

PeacePlan
04-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Sometime it makes you wonder if RP should not just run as an independent. I mean all we do is fight our own party - wears me down.

Smitty
04-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't consider either of the dominant parties to be my party.

They're both far too corrupt to ever be of any use to the liberty movement.

Ekrub
04-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Sometime it makes you wonder if RP should not just run as an independent. I mean all we do is fight our own party - wears me down.

Is the threat of RP running on another ticket enough for the Republicans to stop bashing him? I think RP could pull a 2-3% vote nationwide... and in tight states it could certainly swing them to democrats. Since RP has said he will only run for the Republican nomination, it makes him an easier target.

PeacePlan
04-09-2010, 10:11 AM
I don't consider either of the dominant parties to be my party.

They're both far too corrupt to ever be of any use to the liberty movement.

I should not have said "our own party" as I am not a member of any party although I am a precinct and district delegate. What the Repuplican party is, is not me.

Badger Paul
04-09-2010, 02:20 PM
You mean no more Iowa Straw Poll? What am I going to do in August 2011? The horror!

Bruno
04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Ron Paul : Single-handedly bringing an end to Straw Polls through his consistant dominance acheived by his enthusiastic supporters of liberty!

catdd
04-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Awwww so the GOP is going to take their ball and go home?

RonPaulFanInGA
04-09-2010, 04:01 PM
It is kind of hard to get Obama II (Mitt Romney)

Seems more like that'd be Sarah Palin.

Fox McCloud
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I often wonder if Ron Paul became a candidate in 2012 with a real chance of getting the nomination; if he'd continue with the "I'm not really running to win, so much as to get these ideas out there--not really my intention to win" or if he'd put that aside and really attempt to get elected.

either way, it'd be pretty dirty of them to can straw polls if Ron keeps winning them; heaven forbid there be a shift in the Republican party! Horror of horrors!

speciallyblend
04-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I often wonder if Ron Paul became a candidate in 2012 with a real chance of getting the nomination; if he'd continue with the "I'm not really running to win, so much as to get these ideas out there--not really my intention to win" or if he'd put that aside and really attempt to get elected.

either way, it'd be pretty dirty of them to can straw polls if Ron keeps winning them; heaven forbid there be a shift in the Republican party! Horror of horrors!

I think this song sums up the gop in a nutshell!!

YouTube - Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reindeer with lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ouDvLgaX9s)

insert Ron Paul 2012;)

moostraks
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Awwww so the GOP is going to take their ball and go home?

Exactly...Bunch of sore losers who know that they might be able to shaft americans with rigged polls and electronic voting but when it comes to flesh and blood supporters Dr.Paul is the MAN!!!:D

moostraks
04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Ron Paul : Single-handedly bringing an end to Straw Polls through his consistant dominance acheived by his enthusiastic supporters of liberty!

Well at least we can help keep him in the record books :p

phill4paul
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
I lol'd. I believe that if he were on the verge of winning the Republican primary they would probably end the party rather than have him win.

Inflation
04-09-2010, 06:45 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/20100408-southern-republican-leadership-conference.html?hpid=news-col-blog

Speaking as one of Ron Paul's supporters, I can say that we have not 'pledged to bring in another straw poll win', although we always would LIKE one. Ron Paul is the most recent person to sign on to the event and by the time he did (two or three weeks ago) most of the convention hotels were already sold out.

What is it with this continuing meme that 'if Ron Paul wins it doesn't matter but if anyone else does, regardless of how many free tickets they hand out, it means something'?

I expect Palin to win, her supporters have known she was attending since last year, she is very popular in the south, and she didn't attend CPAC making this sort of her big deal. We will support Ron Paul, but spreading his message is a major goal of ours, not just winning straw polls.

Posted by: sailingaway1 | April 8, 2010 9:59 AM |

satchelmcqueen
04-09-2010, 09:17 PM
the msm admit flat out corruption finally.

speciallyblend
04-09-2010, 09:20 PM
the msm admit flat out corruption finally.

the good news is RON PAUL 2012;) we do not need any stinking straw polls;)

catdd
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
I lol'd. I believe that if he were on the verge of winning the Republican primary they would probably end the party rather than have him win.

That sounds about right. :D

Cowlesy
04-10-2010, 08:30 AM

That makes sense. The republican establishment loves to fight the limited-government people like Ron Paul. Dang those "small r" republicans who want to take away our trough of largesse to fund our thinktanks and policy groups and speaking trips! The establishment needs to put food on the table too, you know?