PDA

View Full Version : Best Letter to Congress Ever!

Rael
04-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Dear Congresswoman Louise Slaughter,

I note in media reports that you have received a death threat from an anonymous caller. It is unclear whether this whack job has the capability or desire to actually carry out the threat. I hope not. But, nevertheless, I can empathise. I have also recently been the subject of multiple death threats.

The threats have come not from anonymous callers, but from identifiable people here in the United States who have put their threats in writing, to be carried out by their hired guns. I believe these people are delusional. They actually think they have a right to kill me, "for my own good". I am hoping you can provide some guidance on what precautions I should take to protect me from these people.

Here is the situation.

You see, I pretty much mind my own business. Yet, these people some how think they should interfere in my life and force me to do things their way. Get this. They say they are going to force me to do things their way based on the Constitution. From what I understand, they have a tortured view of the commerce clause that is in the Constitution. They think it gives them the right to interfere in my life and ultimately kill me.

Basically, these people have designed a medical system that has pushed medical prices out of control. Medical prices are going up much faster than the rate of inflation. They think they are going to fix this problem by forcing me to buy a new kind of medical insurance they have invented. I know it sounds insane. I know the best way to keep prices low is to have many competitors, with many different options. But they have so road blocked the system that their are few competitors. And now they are limiting my options even more by forcing me to buy insurance from one of the insurance companies they have designated. And, get this, I know it will be hard to believe, but in addition to forcing me to buy insurance from these companies, they are going to tell these insurance companies what can and can't be in the coverage. This means there won't even be competition on the types of coverage offered.

Now, I know the common sense advice would be to just ignore such crazed people, but they have IN WRITING stated that they will throw me in jail if I don't pay up. I'm thinking of just staying in my house, but I have heard these people will come with something they call SWAT teams, break down my door and come after me. My friend tells me that, when the SWAT teams come, it could get very dangerous and I could get killed. He says it has happened before and he told me that they will consider me dangerous because I refuse to go to jail as a result of my not wanting their medical insurance. He told me to think Waco and Ruby Ridge. See how insane this is getting? And, honest, I did not provoke these people nor do I want to have anything to do with them. So I guess you can see my predicament. If I refuse them at any step of the way, there is no question they will use force and kill me if they think it is necessary.

Now, I'm thinking maybe I should just go along and buy the insurance from them, afterall, who needs such a death dagger hanging over ones head? But, these people really don't stop. I mean they are obsessed with interfering in my life every step of the way.

I started looking at the insurance policies they offer, and get this, there are all kinds of restrictions on what doctors can earn and how much medicines can cost, which I guess most insurance plans have to a degree, but not this degree. Further, they want to stop, or make it very difficult, for anyone in the entire United States from paying more to health care professionals . This, I know, will limit incentives for doctors and other medical personnel from coming up with new drugs and treatments, so I am hoping that if I get ill in the future that I come down with something they already have a cure for, since innovations under their plans, I can tell, are going to be down tremendously. It will be another death sentence, a death threat carried out.

I know all this sounds terrible, but there is more.

I realize that even if there already is a treatment available for some diseases under their plans, they may disallow the treatment if they think the price is too high. They may even put price controls on treatments, that will severely limit the number of providers. So this could also limit the length of my life, even where known treatments exist. It's another death threat.

I know all this sounds crazy that in a country where unregulated markets have developed everything from microwaves, iPods, flying planes, baseball and color television, that these people actually think it would be a better place if we throw away the creative free markets and replace it by decisions made by them and then they will kill us if we don't listen, and maybe even if we do. I know it sounds crazy, but I swear it is true.

Since, you have been the victim of a death threat, you know how I feel.

I know I am not in your voting district, but you seem like a decent person, so I am hoping you can give me some advice on how to deal with these people who I SWEAR are very serious about their threats, probably even more so than the person that threatened you.

Sincerely,

Robert Wenzel

Chester Copperpot
04-09-2010, 08:12 AM
That is the best letter to congress.... I was skeptical at first.. But its damn good..

also an interesting note here for people is that the insurance company that you will be forced to buy insurance from just happens to be owned by the owners of the NY Federal Reserve Bank..

Gee, what a surprise...

TC95
04-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Rael,

Did you write this or where did you originally find it?

TC95
04-09-2010, 08:21 AM
I just found it on a blog.

h ttp://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/03/on-multiple-death-threats-i-have.html

Rael
04-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Rael,

Did you write this or where did you originally find it?

I wish I had written it!

Rael
04-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I just found it on a blog.

h ttp://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/03/on-multiple-death-threats-i-have.html

Yep, it was posted on LRC today as well.

Erazmus
04-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Nice!!!

JamesButabi
04-09-2010, 10:01 AM
That is absolutely wonderful. Im going to borrow it for another forum to read