PDA

View Full Version : Stupak calls it quits, BB won't go to summit....

MsDoodahs
04-09-2010, 07:03 AM
lol....

PatriotOne
04-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Rep. Bart Stupak to Retire

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/09/rep-bart-stupak-retire/

The Tea Party Express, a group who opposed the federal spending, has been calling for Stupak's defeat at rallies in his sprawling northern Michigan district this week. Republican doctor Dan Benishek also announced he would challenge Stupak in the election.

Stupak told the AP he wants to spend more time with his family and start a new career after nine terms in Congress.

koob
04-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Hey, Linda Goldthorpe is running in this race and is really strapped for cash! She was endorsed by Ron Paul last time around, and she now that Bart is stepping down this could be her chance!

http://www.lindaforcongress.com/

pcosmar
04-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey, Linda Goldthorpe is running in this race and is really strapped for cash! She was endorsed by Ron Paul last time around, and she now that Bart is stepping down this could be her chance!

Yes she is.
And Stupak is not resigning, He is being FIRED. He has been told in no uncertain words.
His resignation is just his spin.

koob
04-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Well, I understand he isn't just 'retiring'. I mean, he's not even 60! And to be quite honest, as a resident of his district, I cannot imagine him losing an election! If was running this fall, I'm fairly confident that he would have won.

This is all very interesting.

Elle
04-09-2010, 08:44 AM
I live in Stupak's district too. I live in the southern part of his district and people here are not happy with him. I personally don't think he would have been re elected.

There are at least 6 candidates running for Stupak's seat. The only one I would vote for is Linda Goldthorpe. I need to sign up to help her campaign. I will have plenty of time over the summer to knock on doors. I have a handful of people that are willing to do the same. :D

ChaosControl
04-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Stupak told the AP he wants to spend more time with his family and start a new career after nine terms in Congress.

Yeah right. He knows he has been outed as a pro-abortion corporatist and has betrayed his constituents and has no chance at re-election.

She sounds great, I wish her luck. :D

UtahApocalypse
04-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Well, I understand he isn't just 'retiring'. I mean, he's not even 60! And to be quite honest, as a resident of his district, I cannot imagine him losing an election! If was running this fall, I'm fairly confident that he would have won.

This is all very interesting.

I live in Stupak's district too. I live in the southern part of his district and people here are not happy with him. I personally don't think he would have been re elected.

There are at least 6 candidates running for Stupak's seat. The only one I would vote for is Linda Goldthorpe. I need to sign up to help her campaign. I will have plenty of time over the summer to knock on doors. I have a handful of people that are willing to do the same. :D

i might have to head up North and help you beautiful ladies campaign for Linda.

pcosmar
04-09-2010, 09:04 AM
i might have to head up North and help you beautiful ladies campaign for Linda.

The upper loft of my barn is perfect for a dance floor.
:D

TCE
04-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Hope the campaigning goes well. She might be money bomb worthy since this is an R+3 district. What are her chances realistically?

angelatc
04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
The Benecik guy is obviously a GOP plant. He's 74, and never run for office before. It would be awesome if Linda could defeat him in the primary, but the GOP is pretending she doesn't exist.

pcosmar
04-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Linda's biggest problem is that the people that will support here are broke.
The conservative/libertarian working class is screwed up here. The majority of folks either work for the state or are collecting aid from the state.
They vote for a bigger paycheck. There is virtually NO industry in the UP. Lots of poor farmers.

pcosmar
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
The Benecik guy is obviously a GOP plant. He's 74, and never run for office before. It would be awesome if Linda could defeat him in the primary, but the GOP is pretending she doesn't exist.

Linda was just by, she told me about him. lol
She said she is reaching out to the tea party folks. If we can get them to look past all their many single issues, and focus on the Constitution,,, well. easier said than done.
The GOP has not been friendly to her.:(