PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Republican gubernatorial debate - Video

carmaphob
04-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't know if this was posted already but here you go, for anyone that cares.

http://www.ktiv.com/global/Category.asp?c=185209

I'm not sure who to back yet. Roberts might be okay.

invisible
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Interesting post, thanks! Having lived in IA before, I was shocked to see branstad running again! All 3 of these guys are fasci- er, really lousy candidates. They all gave essentially the same answers, this is one of the most boring debates I've ever seen. van der plaats appeared to have won the debate, only because he called out branstad on his record while previously in office. None of these guys have any convictions, simply the same generic fasc- er, "social conservative" appeal. This is a wide open field for a RP Republican to run in because there is no difference between these three. Can Marshall Shoemaker (ran for state rep in '08) or maybe even Drew Ivers perhaps be drafted? Iowans need their own Debra Medina here in this race. Does anyone remember the "twins separated at birth?" flyer going around circa 1991 with branstad and saddam hussein's faces on them? I wouldn't vote for any of these three. Hopefully there's a strong LP candidate running if a RP Republican is nowhere to be found.

carmaphob
04-09-2010, 05:33 AM
All 3 of these guys are fasci- er, really lousy candidates. They all gave essentially the same answers, this is one of the most boring debates I've ever seen. qft

I sure hope someone comes out of the woodwork.