PDA

View Full Version : Donate Here to Help Legalize It

dannno
04-08-2010, 01:06 PM
There are a lot of people out there from other states who will benefit from this legislation passing because it will make way for more legislation to increase freedom for cannabis consumers. It will also pit the state of CA against the Federal Govt. on a true freedom issue. This is really not a bad cause to donate towards, though I urge you to consider contributing at least matching contributions to Rand, Schiff, Kokesh and others.

https://secure.taxcannabis.org/

Before those who are against regulating cannabis chime in, know that I agree that we should eventually repeal the taxes and regulation.

However.

Don't think that this action is INCREASING government control or regulation over the substance.

When the government criminalizes an activity, that is the ultimate form of regulation, you cannot have any more regulation than criminalizing something.

Legalizing, controlling and taxing actually means less government regulation than what we have currently. Adults over 21 will be able to possess and grow moderate amounts of cannabis without the threat of jail. They can grow whatever strain they want with whatever type of grow setup they wish, hydroponics, soil, etc. That is a huge step forward in freedom for cannabis consumers.

dannno
04-08-2010, 01:26 PM
bump

speciallyblend
04-08-2010, 01:31 PM
100% AGREE, say no to taxes ,Grow your Own;) if you can grow tomatos then you can grow a natural weed;) aka Cannabis Sativa!!

muh_roads
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Everything should be in the form of a user fee instead of forcibly taxing income. I have nothing against taxing MJ. Especially if it is the start to just legalizing it. All eyes on this November. We're pulling for ya CA. :)

Deborah K
04-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Don't think that this action is INCREASING government control or regulation over the substance.

When the government criminalizes an activity, that is the ultimate form of regulation, you cannot have any more regulation than criminalizing something.

Legalizing, controlling and taxing actually means less government regulation than what we have currently. Adults over 21 will be able to possess and grow moderate amounts of cannabis without the threat of jail. They can grow whatever strain they want with whatever type of grow setup they wish, hydroponics, soil, etc. That is a huge step forward in freedom for cannabis consumers.

This sounds almost Orwellian. "the opposite is true" War is Peace. Love is Hate. Legalized marijuana is less gov't control. :confused:

speciallyblend
04-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Everything should be in the form of a user fee instead of forcibly taxing income. I have nothing against taxing MJ. Especially if it is the start to just legalizing it. All eyes on this November. We're pulling for ya CA. :)

gonna be on our local ballot to decrim in nov 2010 and in colorado statewide to legalize 2012,but if the lawmakers try to regulate marijuana to much. then the colorado marijuana movement already has a ballot to basically stop the lawmakers in their tracks by the Voters in 2010 statewide;)

THE LINE HAS BEEN DRAWN IN THE SAND IN COLORADO, are you listening gop?? you better!!!

Erazmus
04-08-2010, 01:58 PM
This sounds almost Orwellian. "the opposite is true" War is Peace. Love is Hate. Legalized marijuana is less gov't control. :confused:

In the case of MJ prohibition, it's government telling you something specific you're not allowed to do with your body. From the perspective of legalization, it is less control.

But I also see how you're viewing this too. ;)

speciallyblend
04-08-2010, 01:59 PM

seems to me a huge difference from someone being jailed,fined or being taxed like alcohol! personally i do not want a tax,but unless you grow your own or get free seeds. everyone still pays a tax at store on any seeds or product!!

if folks do not want to be taxed, they need to talk to johnny appleseed and grow their own Or buy seeds!!

speciallyblend
04-08-2010, 02:02 PM
In the case of MJ prohibition, it's government telling you something specific you're not allowed to do with your body. From the perspective of legalization, it is less control.

But I also see how you're viewing this too. ;)

i agree with what both of you are saying!! i understand the arguments

dannno
04-08-2010, 02:23 PM

It's not Orwellian, it is the facts.

Why is it hard to understand that criminalizing is the ultimate form of regulation?? This bill is vastly decreasing the amount of regulation on cannabis, and that is why we should be for it.

If I were trying to get people to support a bill that would cut spending and cut your taxes, would you say it's Orwellian because I am supporting a bill that is for taxing and spending?

Deborah K
04-08-2010, 02:24 PM
seems to me a huge difference from someone being jailed,fined or being taxed like alcohol! personally i do not want a tax,but unless you grow your own or get free seeds. everyone still pays a tax at store on any seeds or product!!

if folks do not want to be taxed, they need to talk to johnny appleseed and grow their own Or buy seeds!!

Seems that decriminalization would take care of it, wouldn't it? You don't go to jail, and you don't get taxed cuz it ain't legal.

dannno
04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Seems that decriminalization would take care of it, wouldn't it? You don't go to jail, and you don't get taxed cuz it ain't legal.

So growing is legal, possessing is legal, but you can't legally sell it? What happens if you do sell it? Do you go to jail? What if you are selling it at cost to a friend?

If it's not legal, then it's not truly decriminalized..

dannno
04-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Bump

Kotin
04-09-2010, 05:34 PM
bump

Deborah K
04-12-2010, 11:20 AM
So growing is legal, possessing is legal, but you can't legally sell it? What happens if you do sell it? Do you go to jail? What if you are selling it at cost to a friend?

If it's not legal, then it's not truly decriminalized..

Danno, if I were still a pot smoker, I would rather have the legal right to grow it. Who cares if you can't make a profit on it? At least you can grow it, possess it and smoke it. Is it really about the freedom to possess it and smoke it or the freedom to sell it?

dannno
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Danno, if I were still a pot smoker, I would rather have the legal right to grow it. Who cares if you can't make a profit on it? At least you can grow it, possess it and smoke it. Is it really about the freedom to possess it and smoke it or the freedom to sell it?

Well this bill is allowing people to grow it, but it takes at least 3 months to grow. You need a space to grow in, what if you live in an apartment? Indoor growing setups cost a lot, and they are very susceptible to pests like spider mites that can destroy the entire crop.

Also, unrelated to this bill since it's only for CA, but you can't grow very good bud in most parts of the country outdoor, what if I lived somewhere else and wanted some dank? The danker the bud, the less you have the smoke and the more healthy it is for your lungs. You'd have to import the dank buds. You can't grow and harvest outdoors all season either.

The point is that not everybody who smokes is going to grow it.. a lot of people will, but many others will be depending on people who grow. What if I grow indoors, have friends who like indoor bud, and just want to re-coup my costs? That shouldn't be illegal.

Deborah K
04-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Well this bill is allowing people to grow it, but it takes at least 3 months to grow. You need a space to grow in, what if you live in an apartment? Indoor growing setups cost a lot, and they are very susceptible to pests like spider mites that can destroy the entire crop.

Also, unrelated to this bill since it's only for CA, but you can't grow very good bud in most parts of the country outdoor, what if I lived somewhere else and wanted some dank? The danker the bud, the less you have the smoke and the more healthy it is for your lungs. You'd have to import the dank buds. You can't grow and harvest outdoors all season either.

The point is that not everybody who smokes is going to grow it.. a lot of people will, but many others will be depending on people who grow. What if I grow indoors, have friends who like indoor bud, and just want to re-coup my costs? That shouldn't be illegal.

No, it shouldn't. I agree.

dannno
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
If you've already donated to Rand today, time to DONATE for the 4/20 Ad Bomb!!

https://secure.taxcannabis.org/page/contribute/42000?source=041910d

When someone in California searches Google for "4/20" tomorrow, we want them to learn about how our campaign will create tens of thousands of new, legal jobs here in California.

When someone in California logs onto Facebook tomorrow, we want them to know that we have the opportunity in November to bring in billions of dollars in annual tax revenue to fund the priorities that matter most in our state.

That's why money we earn online today will go toward purchasing advertisements on Google and Facebook tomorrow to increase awareness about the Control & Tax Cannabis Campaign.

And of course, every dollar contributed today will also go toward our $42,000 fundraising goal.

Please contribute $25 or more today -- help us spread the word through online ads and reach our $42,000 goal!

Tomorrow may not be the most serious of "holidays," but reforming our cannabis laws couldn't be more serious, so we need to take all the attention people pay to cannabis tomorrow and steer it toward our important campaign to end cannabis prohibition in California.

Please make a generous contribution right now -- your contribution will go toward online ads that will help get the word out tomorrow!

Be sure to forward this message to five of your friends -- make sure they know about our plans for today and tomorrow!

Thank you so much for your support.
Sincerely,
Salwa Ibrahim
Campaign Organizer, Control & Tax Cannabis 2010

dannno
04-19-2010, 06:36 PM
bump