PDA

View Full Version : Obama attempts to assassinate US citizen...

JoshLowry
04-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Today, both The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/world/middleeast/07yemen.html?hp) and The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/06/AR2010040604121.html?hpid=topnews) confirm that the Obama White House has now expressly authorized the CIA to kill al-Alwaki no matter where he is found, no matter his distance from a battlefield. I wrote at length about the extreme dangers and lawlessness of allowing the Executive Branch the power to murder U.S. citizens far away from a battlefield (i.e., while they're sleeping, at home, with their children, etc.) and with no due process of any kind.

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/07/assassinations

Is there a thread already on this?

lynnf
04-07-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/07/assassinations

I think I remember seeing one in the past week or so, but cannot find it
using search.....

lynn

Mach
04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I seen the title and thought this was some kind of joke, I never heard of this, I'll have to continue the read and then do some linking....... thanks.

EDIT: This was a quickie but this is the closest I found as far as "thread on this."

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=229892&highlight=Anwar+al-Awlaki

low preference guy
04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
this should be headline on Drudge, if Matt had any balls.

GunnyFreedom
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/07/assassinations (http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/07/assassinations)

There was plenty of discussion on DNI Blair's statement to COngress that he would be hitlisting Americans and didn't give a damn what they thought. The above would seem to be a natural extension of that.

Imperial
04-07-2010, 09:21 PM
The DNI Position was one of the worst 'innovations' that Rumsfeld brought us. It may be his worst legacy...

The US has no ban on assassinations anymore. Gone are the days when US agents refused to murder foreigners... I guess now this is just a natural extension...

phill4paul
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Get ready boys and girls. It's gonna be a ride to remember.

surf
04-07-2010, 09:53 PM
the comments are pretty good.

speciallyblend
04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
just posted on comments on coffee party and fan filter

GunnyFreedom
04-07-2010, 10:48 PM
the comments are pretty good.

Indeed they are. Just when I had given up all hope of the leftists having even a scintilla of reason, I get hope, of all places, from Salon!

low preference guy
04-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Ron Paul should introduce an impeachment bill because of this.

Kylie
04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I've been debating people on another board all day about this.

These are good people who see this as a perfectly fine thing. I'm doing my best to make them see the light.

Most are still saying "Fuck those Ragheads".

:shakinghead:

They don't get what they are sanctioning. The poor fools.

GunnyFreedom
04-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Ron Paul should introduce an impeachment bill because of this.

this.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Obama Does Something Bloodthirsty Enough to Please the Psychos

http://gawker.com/5511705/obama-does-something-bloodthirsty-enough-to-please-the-psychos

President Barack Obama has personally ordered the assassination of a U.S. citizen. Yep! The C.I.A. is authorized to kill cleric Anwar al-Awlaki wherever and whenever they find him. At home, on vacation, maybe right behind you. Crypto-fascists are thrilled!

It just seems like a really, really bad precedent, to decide that the president can do this. In fact, I am pretty sure the president can't do this. Obviously, presidents and the CIA have gone around assassinating people willy-nilly for decades, but the point is that they shouldn't be doing that.

But here's the good news, President Obama: you have finally done something crazy enough to win the support of former assistant US Attorney, police state enthusiast, and "Obama is just like Ahmadinejad" theorist Andy McCarthy!

McCarthy thinks he has caught "the Left" in a brilliant double-standard. They like Obama, and they like reading terrorists their rights, and they like holding "trials" for people "accused" of "crimes," and they presumably like this Assassination Program thing because their boyfriend Barack Obama is doing it. How illogical!

Because he is a moron, Andy McCarthy does not understand that "the Left" will not like this at all. Old fashioned, TNR-publishing hawk Democrats will be fine with it, because they are the people who were also totally into that Iraq thing. But that is not "the Left." "The Democrats" do not equal "the Left." That is an incredibly, embarrassingly obvious statement, and one that literally any follower of politics would not need to have explained to him or her at any point in the last 100 years besides the immediate, crazy present, when supposed informed pundits like Andy McCarthy are seriously convinced that "The Left" will cheerlead an insane policy devised by Bush's hack lawyers. Oh, look, The Nation and The Daily Worker just published a joint editorial announcing their enthusiastic support for "the presidential assassination program," because words don't mean anything anymore and everyone is a fucking moron.

Argh.

(Some other guy at The Corner is uneasy about this new policy of the President decided he can kill any American citizen he wants any time he wants. God, why does this other guy at The Corner want Americans to die from terror? When did K-Lo start letting hippies in the clubhouse?)

Once again, for all the FDR-worship talk from the White House, it really looks like they're modeling their first term on LBJ. Sorry, historic domestic achievements, but we have endless illegal warfare to take care of!

phill4paul
04-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Obama Does Something Bloodthirsty Enough to Please the Psychos

http://gawker.com/5511705/obama-does-something-bloodthirsty-enough-to-please-the-psychos

President Barack Obama has personally ordered the assassination of a U.S. citizen. Yep! The C.I.A. is authorized to kill cleric Anwar al-Awlaki wherever and whenever they find him. At home, on vacation, maybe right behind you. Crypto-fascists are thrilled!

It just seems like a really, really bad precedent, to decide that the president can do this. In fact, I am pretty sure the president can't do this. Obviously, presidents and the CIA have gone around assassinating people willy-nilly for decades, but the point is that they shouldn't be doing that.

But here's the good news, President Obama: you have finally done something crazy enough to win the support of former assistant US Attorney, police state enthusiast, and "Obama is just like Ahmadinejad" theorist Andy McCarthy!

McCarthy thinks he has caught "the Left" in a brilliant double-standard. They like Obama, and they like reading terrorists their rights, and they like holding "trials" for people "accused" of "crimes," and they presumably like this Assassination Program thing because their boyfriend Barack Obama is doing it. How illogical!

Because he is a moron, Andy McCarthy does not understand that "the Left" will not like this at all. Old fashioned, TNR-publishing hawk Democrats will be fine with it, because they are the people who were also totally into that Iraq thing. But that is not "the Left." "The Democrats" do not equal "the Left." That is an incredibly, embarrassingly obvious statement, and one that literally any follower of politics would not need to have explained to him or her at any point in the last 100 years besides the immediate, crazy present, when supposed informed pundits like Andy McCarthy are seriously convinced that "The Left" will cheerlead an insane policy devised by Bush's hack lawyers. Oh, look, The Nation and The Daily Worker just published a joint editorial announcing their enthusiastic support for "the presidential assassination program," because words don't mean anything anymore and everyone is a fucking moron.

Argh.

(Some other guy at The Corner is uneasy about this new policy of the President decided he can kill any American citizen he wants any time he wants. God, why does this other guy at The Corner want Americans to die from terror? When did K-Lo start letting hippies in the clubhouse?)

Once again, for all the FDR-worship talk from the White House, it really looks like they're modeling their first term on LBJ. Sorry, historic domestic achievements, but we have endless illegal warfare to take care of!

Ya know the hits come daily. All I feel I can really do is support the candidates that I feel support freedom and buy brass. Wow.

devil21
04-08-2010, 03:23 AM
First Ive seen of it. This certainly needs more attention! Have any of the MSM networks written anything about this?

Krugerrand
04-08-2010, 07:02 AM
If an assassination attempt fails, does the target get tax funded health care to heal any related wounds?

constituent
04-08-2010, 07:39 AM
the real op is on you.