PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Tucker Carlson reunite for April 15 tea party in D.C.

bobbyw24
04-07-2010, 01:08 PM
So, does anyone think that Tucker Carlson hurt his rep with conservatives when his Daily Caller site broke the news of the RNC's Voyeur bill? Hardly.

Carlson will be on the dais at the April 15 "Tax Day Protest" tea party, organized by FreedomWorks. Joining him will be Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) -- that's a reunion I want to see.

In 2008, Carlson emceed Paul's "Rally for the Republic," the candidate's one-day convention held in Minneapolis while the Republicans met in St. Paul. But Carlson walked out midway through the event after former governor Jesse Ventura (R-Minn.), unable to help himself, threw some 9/11 conspiracy talk into his speech.* (The story is well told by Matt Labash in an article that I can't immediately find -- Paul fans are very, very good about driving their posts about the man up in Google searches.)

Among the other speakers at the rally, which will unfold at the Washington Monument, are Andrew Breitbart and climate change skeptic/quasi-celebrity Lord Christopher Monckton.

UPDATE: I asked Carlson how he felt about re-uniting with Paul after the 2008 debacle. "It'll be a happy reunion," said Carlson. "What a nice guy he is."

*An unrelated Ventura line that I remember: "I wrote a book called 'Don't Start the Revolution Without Me.' Well, I'm here!"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-now/2010/04/tucker_carlson_and_ron_paul_re.html

MRoCkEd
04-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Speakers on April 15 will include Lord Monckton, Andrew Breitbart, Dick Armey, Congressman Ron Paul, Tucker Carlson, Congressman Tom Price, and regular citizens who care deeply about liberty.

That's a pretty good lineup!

Matt Collins
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I like Tucker, but I think he is either flaky or bi-polar. Although I definitely understand not wanting to be associated with Ventura, the guy is a clown . Tucker however hould've stuck through the R4R especially since he asked everyone to be tolerant at the beginning of the day.