PDA

View Full Version : Do you REALLY want to make the MSM sit up and notice?

Sematary
10-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Show up in PHILLY!

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 10:22 PM
What makes you think they'll notice? They can totally ignore it if they want.

Sematary
10-09-2007, 10:23 PM
What makes you think they'll notice? They can totally ignore it if they want.

They won't be able to ignore an overflow crowd at independence mall on veterans day weekend.

xcalybur
10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I agree that this is probably one of the best venues to turn out thousands and thousands of Ron Paul supporters. You have to beat UoM which had somewhere between 2500-3000 people. Philly can do it though. You have of course Philly, Washington, Baltimore, New Jersey, New York, and you can even stretch it out to Pittsburgh and maybe Boston as being able to draw down to Philly. This SHOULD be huge.

skiingff
10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
They won't be able to ignore an overflow crowd at independence mall on veterans day weekend.

Hmm, maybe we can coordinate this with the veterans for paul site and give out "Veterans for Ron Paul" shirts considering it's veterans day wkend... if we had a bunch of people walking around in those shirts with war stories and why they support ron paul for president... i think that would definitely get some media attention.

Sematary
10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Hmm, maybe we can coordinate this with the veterans for paul site and give out "Veterans for Ron Paul" shirts considering it's veterans day wkend... if we had a bunch of people walking around in those shirts with war stories and why they support ron paul for president... i think that would definitely get some media attention.

Good idea.

Sematary
10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree that this is probably one of the best venues to turn out thousands and thousands of Ron Paul supporters. You have to beat UoM which had somewhere between 2500-3000 people. Philly can do it though. You have of course Philly, Washington, Baltimore, New Jersey, New York, and you can even stretch it out to Pittsburgh and maybe Boston as being able to draw down to Philly. This SHOULD be huge.

I think, because of it's more or less centralized location on the east coast, this can draw people from Maine to Florida and out into the Ohio Valley.

McDermit
10-09-2007, 11:05 PM
im bummed that we wont be there. Theres no way we can cancel our other plans though.

But we started working on my ex's uncle today... He's a member of a ton of local motorcycle groups, and hes a vet... And through the bike shit, they do TONS of stuff with/for the vets. He seemed really interested in rp. He'd never heard of him until he came down last weekend to work on thd ex's roof and saw her making banners in the garage. He said something like we never should have been in iraq in the first place... And had we stayed out of israel and the rest ofbyhe region, they never would have attacked us. I was like "shit dude, rp is Definitely your man!" he was gonna watch the debate tonight and check out some youtubes. If he gets on board with rp, guaranteeeeed he'll get the word out to all his biker friends and tons of vets. They're a really active group, and rp is their type of guy. We should really start targeting them on a larger scale.

McDermit
10-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Sheesh. Sorry about the terrible typing, iPhone keyboard for the loss.

Sematary
10-09-2007, 11:11 PM
im bummed that we wont be there. Theres no way we can cancel our other plans though.

But we started working on my ex's uncle today... He's a member of a ton of local motorcycle groups, and hes a vet... And through the bike shit, they do TONS of stuff with/for the vets. He seemed really interested in rp. He'd never heard of him until he came down last weekend to work on thd ex's roof and saw her making banners in the garage. He said something like we never should have been in iraq in the first place... And had we stayed out of israel and the rest ofbyhe region, they never would have attacked us. I was like "shit dude, rp is Definitely your man!" he was gonna watch the debate tonight and check out some youtubes. If he gets on board with rp, guaranteeeeed he'll get the word out to all his biker friends and tons of vets. They're a really active group, and rp is their type of guy. We should really start targeting them on a larger scale.

I know you can't show but you could help by spreading the word to as many meetups as possible.

New York Central
10-09-2007, 11:17 PM
I will be there and I will encourage all RP supporters in my area to go. I'm only an hour from Philadelphia, I was so glad when Phila and NY won those meetups. Phila is just a natural for Paul.

Sematary
10-09-2007, 11:37 PM
I will be there and I will encourage all RP supporters in my area to go. I'm only an hour from Philadelphia, I was so glad when Phila and NY won those meetups. Phila is just a natural for Paul.

bet that.

ronpaulhawaii
10-10-2007, 12:08 AM
My MU in Upstate-NY is talking about going. Everyone that can should. Make it really, really, I mean REALLY BIG. We'll be there in spirit, (as we pedal our little @$$es off through the great state of Texas.) And please remember to honor the Vets as we celebrate our kick @$$ grassroots campaign

"Veterans Day is largely intended to thank living veterans for their service, to acknowledge that their contributions to national security are appreciated, and to underscore the fact that all those who served - not only those who died - have sacrificed and done their duty.[U][1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day#_note-0)

The holiday is commonly misprinted as Veteran's Day or Veterans' Day in calendars and advertisements."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day