PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Meyer Brigg Personality Type

AlexMerced
04-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Since someone mentioned I though I'd make a thread for it, I am an ENTP

If you don't know your, take a test here:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.

Some Famous ENTPs:
Alexander the Great
Confederate General J. E. B. Stuart
Sir Walter Raleigh

Fictional:
Mercutio, from Romeo and Juliet
Horace Rumpole, from John Mortimer's Rumpole of the Bailey series
Dorothy L. Sayers's detective Lord Peter Wimsey

MelissaWV
04-07-2010, 07:28 AM
YOUR TYPE
I N T J
Strength of the preferences %
56 38 62 11

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietzsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

Apparently I'm in both very good and very bad company.

Famous INTJs:
Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton (Let's just leave off that last one...)

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Your Type is
INTP

I – Introversion preferred to Extraversion: INTPs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).[8]
N – iNtuition preferred to Sensing: INTPs tend to be more abstract than concrete. They focus their attention on the big picture rather than the details, and on future possibilities rather than immediate realities.[9]
T – Thinking preferred to Feeling: INTPs tend to value objective criteria above personal preference. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.[10]
P – Perception preferred to Judgment: INTPs tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep their options open" should circumstances change.

paulitics
04-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Well, this time I am an INTJ. Interesting and diverse group of people. Alot of great people on that list, Thomas Jefferson, Stephen Hawking, but there are some truly sick tyrants, statists and assholes on this list too including Hillary Clinton, Giuliani, and our beloved Woodrow Wilson. Michelle Obama is in this category as well.

MelissaWV
04-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Well, this time I am an INTJ. Interesting and diverse group of people. Alot of great people on that list, Thomas Jefferson, Stephen Hawking, but there are some truly sick tyrants, statists and assholes on this list too including Hillary Clinton, Giuliani, and our beloved Woodrow Wilson. Michelle Obama is in this category as well.

You're the same category as I :p I listed even more up there. You and I are like Marie Curie and Ben Bernake; like Ayn Rand and Hilary Clinton; like Stephen Hawking and Michelle Obama; like Thomas Jefferson and Woodrow Wilson. Yet another reason to be suspicious of any test like this.

Matt Collins
04-07-2010, 08:03 AM
ISTJ but when I took it was back in 2000.

Matt Collins
04-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I N T J So does this mean you and I would make a good pair?;):p:D

JosephTheLibertarian
04-07-2010, 08:12 AM
So does this mean you and I would make a good pair?;):p:D

I think opposites attract. She needs a, um, ES something ha

GunnyFreedom
04-07-2010, 08:14 AM
LMAO:

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted 56
Intuitive 62
Thinking 62
Judging 56

I tend to switch back and forth between INTJ and ENTJ whenever I take this test LMAO :D

I noticed several of the questions on this one between Extrovert and Introvert I could have gone either way, so I may have been influenced to lean Introvert in this instance, giving me a 56, higher than I normally get in the Introvert attribute. I am usually in the 20's-30's whether Intro- or Extra- .

rp08orbust
04-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Infj

reduen
04-07-2010, 08:21 AM
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
11 75 12 44

MelissaWV
04-07-2010, 08:21 AM
I tend to switch back and forth between INTJ and ENTJ whenever I take this test LMAO :D

I noticed several of the questions on this one between Extrovert and Introvert I could have gone either way, so I may have been influenced to lean Introvert in this instance, giving me a 56, higher than I normally get in the Introvert attribute. I am usually in the 20's-30's whether Intro- or Extra- .

This is one of my biggest problems with the test. Although I always score INTJ, the numbers change. The questions would be better served by a scale that allows you to show which questions are a 100% match to you, and which are just more of a "lesser of two evils" kind of match. There were certainly questions I would have answered "neither" to.

reduen
04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
OMG... Oprah and the Pope.. Two of my least favorite people in the world!

Well, at least Nader is with me.... ;)

JosephTheLibertarian
04-07-2010, 08:48 AM
I took it again. I got INFP - The "Dreamer

Temperament: NF (Visionary) Primary Function: Introverted Feeling
Population: 2% (1.5% male, 2.5% female)

more women have this :/

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

describes me very well!

wow this thing describes me so good haha I can't believe this!!!!! :D

SWATH
04-07-2010, 08:50 AM
The vast majority here on these forums is INTJ. It is also no surprise that some famous people associated with this type are Thomas Jefferson, Ayn Rand, Ghandi, Rothbard, and Von Mises.

RM918
04-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I got terribly honest and was scored as ISTP.

BuddyRey
04-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm an ENFP - Extroverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Perceiving; but like I said on another thread, I would classify myself as an ambivert rather than an extrovert. Socialization, for me, is highly situational.

amonasro
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Infp

the polite, reserved exterior of infps can at first make them difficult to get to know. They enjoy conversation, however, taking particular delight in the unusual. When infps are in a sociable mood, their humor and charm shine through. Disposed to like people and to avoid conflict, infps tend to make pleasant company.
Devoted to those in their inner circle, infps guard the emotional well-being of others, consoling those in distress. Guided by their desire for harmony, infps prefer to be flexible unless their ethics are violated. Then, they become passionate advocates for their beliefs. They are often able to sway the opinions of others through tact, diplomacy, and an ability to see varying sides of an issue.
Infps develop these insights through reflection, and they require substantial time alone to ponder and process new information. While they can be quite patient with complex material, they are generally bored by routine. Though not always organized, infps are meticulous about things they value. Perfectionists, they may have trouble completing a task because it cannot meet their high standards. They may even go back to a completed project after the deadline so they can improve it.
Infps are creative types and often have a gift for language. As introverts, they may prefer to express themselves through writing. Their dominant feeling drives their desire to communicate, while their auxiliary intuition supplies the imagination. Having a talent for symbolism, they enjoy metaphors and similes. They continually seek new ideas and adapt well to change. They prefer working in an environment that values these gifts and allows them to make a positive difference in the world, according to their personal beliefs.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-07-2010, 09:00 AM
hehe. I'm the only INFP thus far. any others?

my ideal jobs:

poet, painter, freelance artist, musician, writer, art therapist, teacher (art, music, drama), songwriter, art historian, library assistant, composer, work in the perfoming arts, art curator, playwrite, bookseller, cartoonist, video editor, photographer, philosopher, record store owner, digital artist, cinematographer, costume designer, film producer, philosophy professor, librarian, music therapist, enviromentalist, movie director, activist, bookstore owner, filmmaker

not good for me:

business professional, manager, executive, administrator, business owner, supervisor, office manager, business analyst, financial analyst, public relations manager, ceo, executive assistant, judge, event coordinator, lawyer, office worker

but isnt a record store owner a business owner? lol

George Orwell was an INFP :D

amonasro
04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Yeah, my record store business never took off. :)

As an opera singer and fellow INFP, I can tell you that creative/performing arts are the only thing I CAN do well. These things are pretty accurate.

angelatc
04-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I got terribly honest and was scored as ISTP.

Me too. But like others, it changes every time I take it. And I think that some of the questions rely too much on your perception of yourself, rather than the reality of yourself.

AlexMerced
04-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Me too. But like others, it changes every time I take it. And I think that some of the questions rely too much on your perception of yourself, rather than the reality of yourself.

I always get the same answer

Erazmus
04-07-2010, 09:19 AM
INTJ

Introverted 67
Intuitive 62
Thinking 75
Judging 67

jake
04-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I S F J

Introverted (I) 75%
Sensing (S) 59%
Feeling (F) 55%
Judging (J) 86%

fisharmor
04-07-2010, 09:42 AM
INTJ
Introverted 44
Intuitive 88
Thinking 75
Judging 100

Same as when I took it in 2000, but I certainly don't remember Judging being so high.
The online test is obviously broken.
;)

silentshout
04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
infj

catdd
04-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Istp Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

http://typelogic.com/istp.html

Brian4Liberty
04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
We had a poll on this in the past:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114134

The indicator test is just an "indicator". It is often wrong. To find your true type, you need to narrow it down to a few, and read up on them. It also helps to read about each of the letters, and what they actually mean. It will eventually become very clear as to what type you are.

Brian4Liberty
04-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Another note: School, work, and society push you towards being "J". That leads to a lot of false "J"s based on that's how people think they should be, not what they truly are.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-07-2010, 12:04 PM
We had a poll on this in the past:

The indicator test is just an "indicator". It is often wrong. To find your true type, you need to narrow it down to a few, and read up on them. It also helps to read about each of the letters, and what they actually mean. It will eventually become very clear as to what type you are.

yep. I researched INFP. It fits me very well.

puppetmaster
04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
11 62 75 33

Howard_Roark
04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Intj.

Sentient Void
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Entp

Santana28
04-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Intj

pacelli
04-08-2010, 04:41 AM
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted 56%
Intuitive 50%
Feeling 38%
Judging 11%

AlexMerced
04-08-2010, 05:10 AM
Entp

yay... I'm not the only one

noxagol
04-08-2010, 05:48 AM
INTJ

78 62 12 11

I agree with the description of the INTJ. It fits me pretty well. Except the climbing to position of responsibility part. I usually get kept low because I vocalize my opinion honestly about stuff and don't kiss enough ass.

Philhelm
04-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I - 11%
n - 25%
t - 25%
j - 44%

JosephTheLibertarian
04-08-2010, 07:55 AM
sheesh. just me and one other INFP and we both live in new jersey :/

MelissaCato
04-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Infj

JosephTheLibertarian
04-08-2010, 08:44 AM
we've got a bunch of masterminds up in here LOL

Distinguished Gentleman
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM
INTJ

I always suspected it about us. Probably the most common type at the Reason comments section as well.

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2010, 10:43 AM
INTJ

78 62 12 11

I agree with the description of the INTJ. It fits me pretty well. Except the climbing to position of responsibility part. I usually get kept low because I vocalize my opinion honestly about stuff and don't kiss enough ass.

Have you read about intp? What you describe might mean you are more p than j...

M House
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I took this test twice in high school and always scored INTP. Guess I could take it again but it'd probably be the same result. What's with all the INTJs, that personality type is supposed to be rare? Whatever, I'll just go hang with Socrates we're on the same level.

DamianTV
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
11 62 1 56

sparat1k
04-08-2010, 11:33 AM
intp

Jordan
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm an INTJ. Most of my friends are INTPs. My girlfriend is an ESFJ :eek:

Stary Hickory
04-08-2010, 11:49 AM
INTJ here too. Test was a bit vague for certain questions though

JeNNiF00F00
04-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Intj

Acala
04-08-2010, 11:50 AM
INTJ

Part of the reason I drive my GFs into counseling.

RyanRSheets
04-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't know how much I trust these tests, because I constantly flip flop between ENFJ and ENTP every time I take them, and both descriptions seem pretty much completely accurate.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't know how much I trust these tests, because I constantly flip flop between ENFJ and ENTP every time I take them, and both descriptions seem pretty much completely accurate.

You must be a people person lol

FunkBuddha
04-08-2010, 12:08 PM
INTP
56 62 12 11

Architects need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.

Albert Einstein as the iconic Rational is an Architect

Dr. David Keirsey, Robert Rosen, George Soros, Gregory Peck, James Madison, Ludwig Boltzman, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, and Thomas Jefferson" /> are examples of the Architect Rationals

Yep, thats me alright. I also have a job in the field recommended by the site and I couldn't be happier.

pdavis
04-08-2010, 12:14 PM
INTP

Introverted: 100 Intuitive: 50 Thinking: 88 Perceiving: 44

leonster
04-08-2010, 01:32 PM
ENTP... I/E is very very weakly on the E side, though... the N and P parts are really strong, T fairly strong... but E *barely* overriding I. Not from the linked test, but I've done it many times before.

Paulitical Correctness
04-08-2010, 01:34 PM
There was a thread/poll here a year or two ago about this. The results were overwhelmingly INTJ.

That's what I was when I took it, about to take it again...

edit -

Your Type is INTJ

Introverted 78%
Intuitive 50%
Thinking 38 %
Judging 33%

JosephTheLibertarian
04-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not INTJ because I'm special. :D

raiha
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Enfp

Philhelm
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
we've got a bunch of masterminds up in here LOL

No kidding. Aren't they supposed to be rare though? This seems more like an INTJ site than a Ron Paul site.

ChaosControl
04-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted 72
Intuitive 50
Thinking 1
Judging 22

Paulitical Correctness
04-08-2010, 01:49 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/se0upi.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2500/rpfmbtimy2.jpg

Old Ducker
04-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
56 25 12 1

RCA
04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Your Type is: INTJ
Introverted: 44 Intuitive: 50 Thinking: 1 Judging: 44

There were about 10 questions that I could have gone either way on.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2010, 03:18 PM
ENTJ

Napoleon, Franklin D. Roosevelt , Mark Anthony, Sean Connery, Madonna, Yulia Tymoshenko

LOL @ Napoleon, Ugh at FDR. Call bullshit on both, Napoleon didn't take this test. LOL

The Rational Fieldmarshal

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is marshaling or situational organizing role that reaches the highest development in the Fieldmarshal. As this kind of role is practiced some contingency organizing is necessary, so that the second suit of the Fieldmarshal's intellect is devising contingency plans. Structural and functional engineering, though practiced in some degree in the course of organizational operations, tend to be not nearly as well developed and are soon outstripped by the rapidly growing skills in organizing. But it must be said that any kind of strategic exercise tends to bring added strength to engineering as well as organizing skills.

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups.

In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened.

(LoL - that is me all over - AF)

But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.

They cannot not build organizations, and cannot not push to implement their goals. When in charge of an organization, whether in the military, business, education, or government, Fieldmarshals more than any other type desire (and generally have the ability) to visualize where the organization is going, and they seem able to communicate that vision to others. Their organizational and coordinating skills tends to be highly developed, which means that they are likely to be good at systematizing, ordering priorities, generalizing, summarizing, at marshaling evidence, and at demonstrating their ideas. Their ability to organize, however, may be more highly developed than their ability to analyze, and the Fieldmarshal leader may need to turn to an Inventor or Architect to provide this kind of input.

Fieldmarshals will usually rise to positions of responsibility and enjoy being executives. They are tireless in their devotion to their jobs and can easily block out other areas of life for the sake of their work. Superb administrators in any field - medicine, law, business, education, government, the military - Fieldmarshals organize their units into smooth-functioning systems, planning in advance, keeping both short-term and long-range objectives well in mind. For the Fieldmarshal, there must always be a goal-directed reason for doing anything, and people's feelings usually are not sufficient reason. They prefer decisions to be based on impersonal data, want to work from well thought-out plans, like to use engineered operations - and they expect others to follow suit.

They are ever intent on reducing bureaucratic red tape, task redundancy, and aimless confusion in the workplace, and they are willing to dismiss employees who cannot get with the program and increase their efficiency. Although Fieldmarshals are tolerant of established procedures, they can and will abandon any procedure when it can be shown to be ineffective in accomplishing its goal. Fieldmarshals root out and reject ineffectiveness and inefficiency, and are impatient with repetition of error.

(So is that - AF)

Hillary Clinton, Napoleon, Margret Thatcher, Carl Sagan, Bill Gates, Golda Meir, Edward Teller, George Benard Shaw, and General George C. Marshall are examples of Rational Fieldmarshals.

Pericles
04-08-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm the personality type that thinks personality tests are a load of BS.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2010, 03:59 PM

Thread Winnah!

charrob
04-08-2010, 07:22 PM
-first time to take test (so thanks for link).

Introverted: 78
Intuitive: 25
Feeling: 12
Perceiving: 11

Idealist, Portrait of the Healer:

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

Princess Diana, George Orwell, Homer, Virgil, Mary mother of Jesus, St. John the beloved disciple, St. Luke physician disciple author, William Shakespeare, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Helen Keller deaf and blind author, Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis, John F. Kennedy, Jr., Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow, and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.

The Patriot
04-08-2010, 07:32 PM
All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietzsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

Famous people of your particular type
Isaac Newton, Niels Bohr, C. G. Jung, Michel de Montaigne, Michel Nostradamus, Ada Lovelace

The Patriot
04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Though I would hardly call Keynes or Bernanke Masterminds. They aren't theoretical at all. Even Keynes admitted his economic model was based on short term results, because we are all dead in the end.

nate895
04-08-2010, 07:49 PM

+1, but I had to take one of these for a class I was forced against my will to take, and I got an ENTJ. As AF has already pointed out, Napoleon was also an ENTJ. I suppose that means I need to go start an empire. It would be a conservative libertarian empire, ruled by a single autocrat, me, and my titles would be Emperor, King, Grand Prince, Grand Duke, Caesar, Augustus, Basileus, Sultan, Emir, Khan, Pharoah, Padishah, and Tsar.* LOL

I can't think of any more titles off the top of my head that refer to the head of state, so this list is not exhaustive.

aravoth
04-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
22 38 12 67

pcosmar
04-08-2010, 07:58 PM
A rare time I would disagree,,
I think it takes the skills and abilities of all types to make any kind of team to work. To make a society function.

What's that sayin'
"It takes all kinds,,,"

KramerDSP
04-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm the fifth I N F J so far...

I was an ENTP in College. But I agree with everyone that the letters change after you start working. I'm personally very different outside of work than I am in work, so maybe I should be taking the test twice, and answering based on how I am at work and how I am at home.

pcosmar
04-08-2010, 08:00 PM

I was an ENTP in College. But I agree with everyone that the letters change after you start working. I'm personally very different outside of work than I am in work, so maybe I should be taking the test twice, and answering based on how I am at work and how I am at home.

Split-personality?
There's a name for that. :p

KramerDSP
04-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Anyone know what Ron Paul's type is ? I remember it being batted around here somewhere.

KramerDSP
04-08-2010, 08:04 PM
split-personality?
There's a name for that. :p

:d lol!

Philhelm
04-08-2010, 08:05 PM
+1, but I had to take one of these for a class I was forced against my will to take, and I got an ENTJ. As AF has already pointed out, Napoleon was also an ENTJ. I suppose that means I need to go start an empire. It would be a conservative libertarian empire, ruled by a single autocrat, me, and my titles would be Emperor, King, Grand Prince, Grand Duke, Caesar, Augustus, Basileus, Sultan, Emir, Khan, Pharoah, Padishah, and Tsar.* LOL

I can't think of any more titles off the top of my head that refer to the head of state, so this list is not exhaustive.

It will really get confusing when you find yourself as a king of my empire, and myself as a minor noble in your duchy. But, them's the breaks.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2010, 08:15 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/se0upi.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2500/rpfmbtimy2.jpg

Awesome graph work.

Would explain why your "average" RP type person feels adrift in sea of indifferent, ignorant apathy.

The NTs and NFs that dominate here, are just the opposite in the masses of asses.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2010, 08:18 PM
A rare time I would disagree,,
I think it takes the skills and abilities of all types to make any kind of team to work. To make a society function.

What's that sayin'
"It takes all kinds,,,"

I think what Pericles was saying, and what I agree with completely, is the silly idea that a human being's complex personality can be distilled down into a simple metric based on the results of an ambiguous ten minute true/false, yes/no test, written by a bunch of head shrinking eggheads.

:D

Pericles
04-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I think what Pericles was saying, and what I agree with completely, is the silly idea that a human being's complex personality can be distilled down into a simple metric based on the results of an ambiguous ten minute true/false, yes/no test, written by a bunch of head shrinking eggheads.

:D

Bingo. When faced with a situation, I have a wide variety of possible actions, these tests artificially limit choice in order to force a classification. Or, as we say in Philosophy - we have a tautology - there is no way to demonstrate there are more than 16 personality types, if we accept the methodology of the test - there is no way not the be fit into one of the personality types.

Which if you think about it is the justification for such tests - they are valid because they can put you into a pigeon hole.

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2010, 09:08 PM

There is no "this is how I am at work, this is how I am at home". Work and school attempt to force you to be a J. You can certainly take on J-like habits at work, and still be a P. With Myers-Briggs, you have to look at how you really are, how you really behave most of the time, not how you would like to behave, or how you think you should behave.

Js are neat freaks. Their desks and homes will almost always be tidy and organized. Ps will probably have some mess around their desk or bedroom.

Another note: School, work, and society push you towards being "J". That leads to a lot of false "J"s based on that's how people think they should be, not what they truly are.

KramerDSP
04-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Js are neat freaks. Their desks and homes will almost always be tidy and organized. Ps will probably have some mess around their desk or bedroom.

Then there's no way I'm a J. I like orderliness, but every few days after clutter starts emerging.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Bingo. When faced with a situation, I have a wide variety of possible actions, these tests artificially limit choice in order to force a classification. Or, as we say in Philosophy - we have a tautology - there is no way to demonstrate there are more than 16 personality types, if we accept the methodology of the test - there is no way not the be fit into one of the personality types.

Which if you think about it is the justification for such tests - they are valid because they can put you into a pigeon hole.

I suffered through one of these fool things years ago and came to the same conclusion.

In this environment they are a fun distraction, like looking at horoscopes.

They are a blunt and dangerous weapon in the hands of HROs, shrinks, "regulators", educators or other bureaucratic ticks and leeches.

Brian4Liberty
04-08-2010, 09:15 PM

Yep, the tests are not accurate.

The Myers-Briggs types are actually well developed. You are free to put yourself into type of them you want. They are just categories, like animal, vegetable or mineral. Pick the one you fit in.

nate895
04-08-2010, 09:16 PM
.In this environment they are a fun distraction, like looking at horoscopes.

If you sit through college classes with them, then you would notice that they use it in the same way people use horoscopes. It's just superstition couched as "science."

Anti Federalist
04-08-2010, 09:23 PM
If you sit through college classes with them, then you would notice that they use it in the same way people use horoscopes. It's just superstition couched as "science."

Statements like that make me glad I got out of the "education" racket at 16.:D

freedoms-light
04-08-2010, 09:33 PM
INFP
Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow, and Isabel Meyers

Interesting.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-08-2010, 09:53 PM
INFP
Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow, and Isabel Meyers

Interesting.

same as me :)

FreedomRings
04-08-2010, 10:26 PM
ENTP here, but it took me more than taking a test to figure it all out. I read 5 or 6 books on the subject and by far the best is David Keirsey's "Please Understand Me II".

BTW, I'm 98% sure that Ron Paul is an ENTP.

BuddyRey
04-09-2010, 10:18 AM
ENTP here, but it took me more than taking a test to figure it all out. I read 5 or 6 books on the subject and by far the best is David Keirsey's "Please Understand Me II".

I'll definitely check out that book then...I think the MBTI is fascinating. Thanks for the heads-up!

Ron Paul definitely puts off an EN_P vibe to me too! Just out of curiosity, how would an ENTP differ in behavior or personality from an ENFP, like say...moi? :D

bricklayer
04-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
67 75 1 22

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Then there's no way I'm a J. I like orderliness, but every few days after clutter starts emerging.

Ps do things in spurts of energy. They will clean, but like you said, it may get messy in between. The "in between time" may be one week or one year. ;)

Js tend to keep it neat always. More routine driven.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Ps do things in spurts of energy. They will clean, but like you said, it may get messy in between. The "in between time" may be one week or one year. ;)

Js tend to keep it neat always. More routine driven.

I'm the former

INFP

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM

They may get used a little like horoscopes, but it is far more scientific. MBTI is not used to foresee the future or any nonsense like that. Temperament types are categories based on observation. There is no "voodoo" or superstition involved. Simply categories.

Four basic temperament types have been around forever:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Temperaments

Temperament theory has its roots in the ancient four humors theory. It may have origins in ancient Egypt[1] or Mesopotamia,[2] but it was the Greek physician Hippocrates (460-370 BC) who systemized and developed it into a medical theory.

The theories about causes of these types were wrong, but the observations of the types were accurate.

Carl Jung further developed the four types using a two component binary system. (Thinking vs. Feeling and Sensing vs. Intuition). People studying types have always wanted to further break down the four into sub-groups, and the Myers-Briggs allowed a break-down into 16 types. (With the original four types still intact in the overall type). For instance, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP are all the NT type.

The important contribution of Myers and Briggs was the P/J dichotomy, which turned out to be very important in understanding work styles.

Fundamental to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is the theory of psychological type as originally developed by Carl Jung. Jung proposed the existence of two dichotomous pairs of cognitive functions:

* The "rational" (judging) functions: thinking and feeling
* The "irrational" (perceiving) functions: sensing and intuition

Jung went on to suggest that these functions are expressed in either an introverted or extraverted form. From Jung's original concepts, Briggs and Myers developed their own theory of psychological type, described below, on which the MBTI is based.

The Myers-Briggs typology model regards personality type as similar to left or right handedness: individuals are either born with, or develop, certain preferred ways of thinking and acting. The MBTI sorts some of these psychological differences into four opposite pairs, or dichotomies, with a resulting 16 possible psychological types. None of these types are "better" or "worse"; however, Briggs and Myers theorized that individuals naturally prefer one overall combination of type differences. In the same way that writing with the left hand is hard work for a right-hander, so people tend to find using their opposite psychological preferences more difficult, even if they can become more proficient (and therefore behaviorally flexible) with practice and development.

The 16 types are typically referred to by an abbreviation of four letters—the initial letters of each of their four type preferences (except in the case of iNtuition, which uses the abbreviation N to distinguish it from Introversion).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

P.s. The Enneagram is somewhat similar to the MBTI in that it has a large number of categories, but they are less well defined. It is more related to Horoscopes, and ascribes a lot of nonsense theories as to the "why" of your type.

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
They are a blunt and dangerous weapon in the hands of HROs, shrinks, "regulators", educators or other bureaucratic ticks and leeches.

You are correct there! I have seen schoolyard style bullying (by management types) based on Myers-Briggs or Enneagram in the workplace. Put a bunch of people (managers) together, tell them they are all "different" than the rest of the peons, and they will almost instantly form a totalitarian, abusive (superior in their own minds) class. The abuse will often start with the unqualified idiot doing the teaching.

Putting people into categories has benefits for understanding, but it is also easily abused. Just like those experiments where they put different color scarves on kids and tell them one is superior, and they turn into little monsters.

Funny thing bout the Myers-Briggs is that every type tends to think their type is best. After all, it's in full agreement with them. ;) Some types tend to be management though, so they have the power to abuse the knowledge more than other types.

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2010, 12:00 PM

I agree, that's a good book.

I would guess Ron is an I, not an E.

It's not an affliction! One of the dangers of the MBTI is that people will assign negative attributes to things, especially the I/E portion. All "I"s are not hermits who rarely come out into the light.

Rod Blagojevich is probably an "E", as are the majority of politicians.

People tend to ascribe intelligence to "E"s based purely on their ease with verbal communication. It couldn't be further from the truth. The I/E has nothing to do with intelligence.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
04-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I n t j

Brian4Liberty
10-30-2011, 01:55 PM
bump for:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?326930-(STUDY)-What-is-the-personality-of-a-Ron-Paul-Supporter/

PaulConventionWV
10-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll definitely check out that book then...I think the MBTI is fascinating. Thanks for the heads-up!

Ron Paul definitely puts off an EN_P vibe to me too! Just out of curiosity, how would an ENTP differ in behavior or personality from an ENFP, like say...moi? :D

That means you're all about the touchy-feely compassionate way of thinking about people. Strangely enough, that's what a lot of people use to justify government intervention. Ts are more about principles and rules instead of considering individual cases. They think rather than feel. It's more of a judgmental approach, as opposed to an emotional one. Ron is my type except for the E part. I'm a weak I and a strong NTP.

Endgame
10-30-2011, 09:25 PM
xNTJ

Matt Collins
10-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Click image for larger view:

DamianTV
10-26-2013, 12:31 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/funny_d59c79_2068584.jpg

Personality Types do not matter when Govt comes after ALL of its own citizens.

Matt Collins
06-25-2014, 09:15 PM
This is the best site on the topic of personality types:

http://www.preludecharacteranalysis.com/questionnaire

pessimist
09-26-2014, 04:33 PM
http://colonyofcommodus.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/intp-waste-potential.jpg

https://8chan.co/type/src/1411331037201.jpg

56ktarget
09-27-2014, 12:18 AM
ENTP

pessimist
09-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Most people are sensors. It's kinda weird seeing so many intuitives here.

But then I remembered it's a libertarian forum.

pessimist
09-27-2014, 08:56 AM
ENTP

ENTPs and INFJs rule. They're my favorite types.

pessimist
09-27-2014, 09:01 AM
That means you're all about the touchy-feely compassionate way of thinking about people. Strangely enough, that's what a lot of people use to justify government intervention. Ts are more about principles and rules instead of considering individual cases. They think rather than feel. It's more of a judgmental approach, as opposed to an emotional one. Ron is my type except for the E part. I'm a weak I and a strong NTP.

Based on that thread I argued with you in, you definetly seem like an INTJ.

Quizzes are just guides, you need to read the cognitive functions to accurately discover your type imo.

Edit: if you have an urge to correct my misspelling of 'definitely' above- you're likely an INTJ.