PDA

View Full Version : Remember those damning ACORN tapes...? ~ They were edited and everyone was duped

Reason
04-06-2010, 11:10 PM
You don't have to like ACORN to admit that these tapes were a scam...

The most damning thing to me is that the ACORN employee that listened to the couple talk about wanting to smuggle girls across the border immediately called the cops after the couple left...

YouTube - The Lie That Is FOX News pt.1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdp38PYzZCA)

YouTube - The Lie That Is FOX News pt.2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHNgBt22_os)

Griffith
04-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Pretty shameful of FoxNews buuuuutttttttttt MSNBC certainly has no place to talk when they put out 10000% bullshit stories like this:

YouTube - MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI&feature=related)

silus
04-06-2010, 11:30 PM
I think you are right.

Wiki...

California Attorney General Jerry Brown later found O'Keefe's tapes to be "severely edited" and despite media reports that he appeared as a "1970s Superfly pimp," "in his actual taped sessions with ACORN workers, he was dressed in a shirt and tie, presented himself as a law student, and said he planned to use the prostitution proceeds to run for Congress. He never claimed he was a pimp."
Investigative journalism at its finest.

I'm waiting for some sort of grass roots journalism reformation.

silus
04-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Pretty shameful of FoxNews buuuuutttttttttt MSNBC certainly has no place to talk when they put out 10000% bullshit stories like this:

YouTube - MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI&feature=related)
You're missing the entire point.

Griffith
04-06-2010, 11:37 PM

What? I get it, FoxNews lied and spinned the story but MSNBC certainly doesn't have the high ground because they've done it before. It's like one guy murdering someone in cold blood and then testifying against someone else who did the same while acting like he was in a position of moral superiority.

DapperDan
04-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Bah I hate all corporate media!

http://bleachasylum.com/images/smilies/noes.gif
http://bleachasylum.com/images/smilies/noes.gif

silus
04-06-2010, 11:54 PM
What? I get it, FoxNews lied and spinned the story but MSNBC certainly doesn't have the high ground because they've done it before. It's like one guy murdering someone in cold blood and then testifying against someone else who did the same while acting like he was in a position of moral superiority.
The intent was not to post the video in order to defend MSNBC against Fox, the intent was clear in the title. So its kind of strange you would even bring that up. Especially here where everyone is pretty much on the same page in regards to the media...as if they need to be reminded.

Griffith
04-07-2010, 12:02 AM
The intent was not to post the video in order to defend MSNBC against Fox, the intent was clear in the title. So its kind of strange you would even bring that up. Especially here where everyone is pretty much on the same page in regards to the media...as if they need to be reminded.

You're probably right but Rachel Maddow just irked me with how delighted she was to do this story when her own network has done the same. Deceitfully edited footage to extract a story that fits their motive. Flat lying to the public and equating any resistance to Obama's policies as racism.

Reason
04-07-2010, 12:07 AM
the point of the thread is indeed the issue of the validity of the acorn tapes

msnbc/faux bullshit is exactly that.... bullshit.

BenIsForRon
04-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Isn't this video the prime reason Acorn had all federal funding withdrawn? I'm all for decreasing funding, but not based on lies.

dannno
04-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Isn't this video the prime reason Acorn had all federal funding withdrawn? I'm all for decreasing funding, but not based on lies.

LOL, I suppose :rolleyes:

I mean, I wouldn't say the ends justified the means, but the outcome was certainly positive.. although I've heard that reports of ACORN's death have been greatly exaggerated.

silus
04-07-2010, 12:40 AM
LOL, I suppose :rolleyes:

I mean, I wouldn't say the ends justified the means, but the outcome was certainly positive.. although I've heard that reports of ACORN's death have been greatly exaggerated.
IMO, you can't count your victories if you're not really in the fight. The way i see it, the ACORN thing was just another one of the many back and forth issues between Republicans and Democrats that in the end did more to distract from and neglect the real fundamental issues, and keep our attention focused on a pointless struggle.

MichelleHeart
04-07-2010, 12:49 AM
As much as I dislike ACORN, debating about an organization I don't particularly like is kinda pointless, since they're not really the major threat our politicians are.

tangent4ronpaul
04-07-2010, 12:59 AM
You've been had.

I recall an interview where they were saying the "over the top" pimp costume was dumped after they used it once - in NYC, IIRC. Dress shirt, hu? notice how much of him they show? don't think he wore something under that fur thing? Talk about selective editing! Yeah, they had mixed results at diff offices - some were REALLY DAMBING! Funy, they didn't show those clips.

TOTAL SPIN!

Maddows sucks!

-t

MichelleHeart
04-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Maddows sucks!

Justin Raimondo would agree with you on that one: Justin Raimondo Nails Rachel Maddow (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=238949&highlight=justin+raimondo)

Stary Hickory
04-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Somehow I doubt this thread will survive. No such defense was offered at the time, I cannot see whatever Youtube is here. But it is not unlikely that at least one person from Acorn did call the cops. However there were many recorded incidents. And they most certainly DID NOT react appropriately. Instead of turning these folks away they discussed matters whith them, disclosed methods to avoid taxes and legal bounndaries.

I think it's sad anyone could post here in DEFENSE of such an organization. Considering that, besides the underhandedness of their employees, they also were involved in massive voter registration fraud. Federal funding should never come close to these people again. It never should had for a myriad of reasons anyways.

hugolp
04-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Maddow should be ashamed of doing some piece like that. The fact that one Acorn employee did the right thing does not excuse for the rest. And certainly does not excuse Maddow for trying to fool people into believing that all of it was a scam. I apreciated Maddow sometimes but she is scum if she is trying to justify an organization whose staff help child prostitution, just because a one employee did not.

Here the unedited tape of another Acorn employee:

YouTube - UNEDITED Acorn Undercover Video Part A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxF8JuTuz58)

YouTube - UNEDITED Acorn Undercover Video Part B (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pGeM8F2d5c)

Rael
04-07-2010, 06:25 AM

Indeed. I don't really care if the video turned out to be fake...ACORN deserves what they get

Rael
04-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Considering that, besides the underhandedness of their employees, they also were involved in massive voter registration fraud. Federal funding should never come close to these people again. It never should had for a myriad of reasons anyways.

this

Bucjason
04-07-2010, 06:26 AM
1. This was only one of many times acorn was caught doing shady things.

2. Example:
If a terrorist comes into your office and asks you how to make a bomb , and you spend 3 hours explaining to him how it's done , give him a few sticks of dynamite you have in the backroom, and then together go online and print out maps of the subway system.....FINALLY you only call the cops AFTER he has left....does that make you right ??

Acorn was still scum-bags that needed to b shut-down.

dean.engelhardt
04-07-2010, 06:27 AM

I think the point is the person carrying the rifle is black. MSNBC editied out his face and turned it into a racial issue when it clear was not.

Bern
04-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Maddow should be ashamed of doing some piece like that. The fact that one Acorn employee did the right thing does not excuse for the rest. And certainly does not excuse Maddow for trying to fool people into believing that all of it was a scam. I apreciated Maddow sometimes but she is scum if she is trying to justify an organization whose staff help child prostitution, just because a one employee did not.

Agreed.

The release videos were heavily edited, but that doesn't change the fact that ACORN employees were clearly giving advice on how to circumvent the law. The business about the pimp costume is a silly red herring. The guy wore that on the talk show circuit while promoting the videos.

YouTube - ACORN DC Prostitution Investigation Part II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9MCk6GvQO4)

angelatc
04-07-2010, 08:53 AM

They only lost funding for a couple of weeks.

The videos weren't really lies. When I watched them, I recognized that they weren't dressed in the campy outfits - those were just edited in as part of the intro, designed to catch your attention.

I also knew that the guy called the police after they left, but obviously that wasn't going to be captured on film. ACORN was perhaps at fault for firing him, but that's not really my problem.

They are insatiable leeches. The more salt we pour on them, the better.

Reason
04-07-2010, 10:52 AM
added part 2 to the op

erowe1
04-07-2010, 10:59 AM

I'm not for the lies themselves.

I'm for decreasing their funding for any and all reasons whatsoever, whether true or false.

paulitics
04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Acorn is shady, period. I'm not for decreasing their funding, but ending their funding. Why should they get 1 dime of my hard earned taxed dollars to fight against me? I remember the busloads of Acorners paid with tax dollars to rig the town hall meetngs. This pimp business is a red herring.

JosephTheLibertarian
04-07-2010, 11:19 AM
doubtful. ACORN never stated this when questioned. This is hindsight bullshit IMO. Apparently MSNBC is the defender of everything evil.

You don't have to like ACORN to admit that these tapes were a scam...

The most damning thing to me is that the ACORN employee that listened to the couple talk about wanting to smuggle girls across the border immediately called the cops after the couple left...

YouTube - The Lie That Is FOX News pt.1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdp38PYzZCA)

YouTube - The Lie That Is FOX News pt.2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHNgBt22_os)

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Funny, individuals playing the same editing games government and media does.

muh_roads
04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Who cares. Fuck ACORN. The government was heavily subsidizing them. Glad they went down.

Brian4Liberty
04-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah, it was pretty dishonest of the people who made the video to falsely infer that the pimp outfit was always used when it wasn't. And the media ran with that falsehood.

Now the Acorn employee who called the police is interesting. Why wouldn't he come out with that right away? Maddow and Olbermann would have given him plenty of airtime. And he called his "cousin" in the Police? Hmmmm. Any evidence of the time-line and calls made other than a "cousin"?

Reason
04-09-2010, 02:03 AM
//

Philhelm
04-09-2010, 02:26 AM
I had already known that the guy had not worn the pimp suit when he had spoken with the ACORN representatives. That isn't news. However, what of the other video showing the woman endorsing the prostitution? I ask in all sincerity; what is true, and what is false here?