PDA

View Full Version : Help us boost FOR LIBERTY star rating on IMDb.com... omg ron paul haters

muzzled dogg
04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Dear For Liberty newsletter subscriber,

Ron Paul haters trashed For Liberty's 10 star rating on The Internet Movie
Database (IMDb). Help get the film a higher star rating by visiting the
film's page and clicking on the stars by "User Rating". If you don't have an
account, consider signing up for free here so you can voice your opinion on
the film's rating.

Thanks!
For Liberty crew
http://forlibertymovie.com

BuddyRey
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Done!

htt p://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525356/?c=1

Also, don't forget to hit up the movie's message board!

htt p://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525356/board

angelatc
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
blimp!

AdamT
04-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Damn you guys are fast!

It took us forever, an ass load of web forms, and entering in Sundance to finally get on the IMDb. In checking it today I found the rating trashed. Ughh!

Our page
h ttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525356/

h ttps://secure.imdb.com/register-imdb

http://forlibertymovie.com/images/imdb.jpg

Danke
04-06-2010, 04:35 PM
45 have given it a 10. ~6 gave it low marks, yet the overall score is low.

Zack
04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I gave it a 10, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for a true rating appearing. I looked at the page with the detailed voting results and it said:

Arithmetic mean = 9.4. Median = 10

Your Rating: 10

This page is updated daily.

45 people voted 10
3 people voted 9
1 person voted 8
1 person voted 2
2 people voted 1

It already has an average of 9.4 and the "weighted average" is only 5.6. That's some "weighting" going on.

Their definition of "weighted average" is:

IMDb publishes weighted vote averages rather than raw data averages. Various filters are applied to the raw data in order to eliminate and reduce attempts at 'vote stuffing' by individuals more interested in changing the current rating of a movie than giving their true opinion of it.

The exact methods we use will not be disclosed. This should ensure that the policy remains effective. The result is a more accurate vote average.

I'm guessing part of the weighting gives more weight to people with longer, fuller histories on their website? If so, my vote should help, because I'm kind of old-skool there, and I've rated a lot of movies.

Oh well, I guess mass voting is worth a try... unless lots of votes from new users actually LOWERS the weighted average. Sounds plausible, considering the current rating.

One more thing: That was a deserved 10 from me. Truly, a suprisingly good documentary. I doubt the 3 people who gave it a low rating actually saw it. They probably just figured it's crazy RP spam clogging up their precious IMDB site and downvoted it.

Cap'n Crunk
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Voted.

AdamT
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks all. Keep em coming.

BuddyRey
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I just added a testimonial thread to the message board in an effort to help flesh the page out a bit.

dannno
04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Dude, that's like one of the only movies in the world that I am in and it made me cry :mad:

Bad rating my ass!

BuddyRey
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Dude, that's like one of the only movies in the world that I am in and it made me cry :mad:

Bad rating my ass!

Some of the tags are pretty depressing too. :(

BuddyRey
04-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Still only at 5.6 out of 10 stars!

C'mon gang...I know we can do this! :)

AdamT
04-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Some of the tags are pretty depressing too. :(

Tags?

BuddyRey
04-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Tags?

Yeah, people have posted tags or keywords on the movie's page like "propaganda", "right-wing", and "revisionist history."

AdamT
04-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah, people have posted tags or keywords on the movie's page like "propaganda", "right-wing", and "revisionist history."

WTF! Where are you seeing those??

BuddyRey
04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
WTF! Where are you seeing those??

Toward the bottom of the "Overview" section and above the cast information.

dannno
04-06-2010, 08:32 PM
bump

AdamT
04-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Toward the bottom of the "Overview" section and above the cast information.

OK I found it and just submitted a delete ticket to get rid of some of those tags. Someone has been defacing the title's page.

BuddyRey
04-06-2010, 08:57 PM
OK I found it and just submitted a delete ticket to get rid of some of those tags. Someone has been defacing the title's page.

Yeah, I'm amazed that the rating is still so low knowing how many passionate activists we've got on these boards. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist (even though I am one), but it almost seems like the page has been tampered with somehow.

AdamT
04-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I'm amazed that the rating is still so low knowing how many passionate activists we've got on these boards. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist (even though I am one), but it almost seems like the page has been tampered with somehow.

It has been tampered with. A bunch of the tags I originally put in with the listing are missing and new ones were added. As the admin/author of the title page I can do this, but if other users can I don't know. Maybe they can, like Wikipedia? Either way someone went in there and purposefully changed the tags and drove the star rating down to about half of what it was. And I'd bet it was someone who didn't see the film, but hates Ron Paul and our movement - and defaced the page based on the title alone.

dannno
04-06-2010, 09:35 PM
And I'd bet it was someone who didn't see the film

I'd put down $1 million at 20:1 odds

BuddyRey
04-06-2010, 10:03 PM
It has been tampered with. A bunch of the tags I originally put in with the listing are missing and new ones were added. As the admin/author of the title page I can do this, but if other users can I don't know. Maybe they can, like Wikipedia? Either way someone went in there and purposefully changed the tags and drove the star rating down to about half of what it was. And I'd bet it was someone who didn't see the film, but hates Ron Paul and our movement - and defaced the page based on the title alone.

That's awful. I mean, I support freedom of speech and dissent (especially on the Internet) but why on earth would they target a guy like Ron Paul who's done nothing but give people hope and inspiration through positive example rather than force?

AdamT
04-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Made some progress on the page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525356/). Star rating is up after over 120 or so new votes, but their "weighted voting" system is causing problems getting a proper star rating recovery. The 1 & 2 hater ratings are pulling it all down with heavy "weighted" votes.

http://forlibertymovie.com/images/rating.jpg

Got the bad tags removed and new, proper ones up instead. Six people wrote really nice new reviews too. So it's shaping up. Thank you :)

LibertyIn08
04-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Stop rating it 10, for one. A bunch of 8 and 9 star votes will likely pull the rating up more if their weighting algo is similar to other corporate ones I've used.