PDA

View Full Version : The Neocons at Hot Air Have Hit A New Low (Wikileaks Related)

Sazh
04-06-2010, 02:54 PM
I found this over at the Daily Paul:

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/04/05/video-collateral-murder-or-the-risks-of-war-zones/

This is just disgraceful. It's like reading apologia from sycophants of the Third Reich. All of the commentators completely discrediting themselves from making appeals to morality, liberty, life, or terrorism; though that has never stopped them from thinking otherwise. I guess this isn't really a surprise, since neocon websites are giving top priority indignation toward Obama's recent words of "sincerity" about the use of nukes.

Not to mention the amount of chickenhawk ignorance flowing the keyboards of those sociopaths.

There is so much misinformation on that blog page, so this related Mises thread will come in handy in as a reference:

http://mises.org/Community/forums/t/15640.aspx?PageIndex=1

phill4paul
04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the forum.:)

RM918
04-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes, I also noticed it the other day. It is really disgusting, and these poor bastards either are soul-less or simply brainwashed to view this sort of thing as 'necessary' and they are being the 'pragmatists' in believing as such. It's depressing that people can be so removed from the conflict and so embroiled in the Red vs. Blue football game they even see human lives as little more that points.

angelatc
04-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I gave up on them when they tried to defend the Marine who threw a puppy over a cliff. WTF is wrong with those people???

Having said that, the level of denial they're willing to sink to is disheartening. It certainly shows why our country is in such horrible shape.

RM918
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
I gave up on them when they tried to defend the Marine who threw a puppy over a cliff. WTF is wrong with those people???

Like I've seen somewhere else, you could show the guys over there a video of a bunch of marines blowing up an orphanage and they'd still defend them.

I don't know what it is, I guess it's still rabid devotion to 'their guys'.

Vessol
04-06-2010, 03:13 PM
What's scary is this reads like a lot of what friends of mine who consider themselves numerous political terms, but none consider themselves NeoConservatives.

Personally I think a good majority of it is just eTough Guy Syndrome. They want to stand out and start flame wars because they are cool and don't have emotions.

Morgan Brykein
04-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I can't help but think that the modern neoconservative movement has some fascist influences.

Sazh
04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the forum.:)

;)

Personally I think a good majority of it is just eTough Guy Syndrome.

I used to be a neocon, and this is exactly what I have observed. They will rally behind the coercive root of the state (military, police, courts) and conflate justice with retribution. It's all an attempt to convey themselves as "bad asses" and the antithesis of "liberal pussies. I guess the keyboard warriors can rally behind the fact that they have no principles, and the intellectually shallow comments that they post.

The denizens of Hot Air lack any sense of self-reflection. They will conjure up retarded pet theories and blame the whole world, before turning on their own dogma. It's like that with alot of people I suppose.

A Son of Liberty
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I can't help but think that the modern neoconservative movement has some fascist influences.

Don't feel bad about it - your instincts are correct. ;)

A Son of Liberty
04-06-2010, 03:41 PM
;)

I used to be a neocon, and this is exactly what I have observed. They will will rally behind the coercive root of the state (military, police, courts) and conflate justice with retribution. It's all an attempt to convey themselves as "bad asses" and the antithesis of "liberal pussies. I guess the keyboard warriors can rally behind the fact that they have no principles, and the intellectually shallow comments that they post.

They lack any sense of self-reflection. They will conjure up retarded pet theories and blame the whole world, before they turn on their own dogma. It's like that with alot of people I suppose.

It's sad and scary, really. I can't imagine the disconnect required to watch the video and not see real, living, breathing human beings being mowed down, irrespective of the circumstances. We can debate and discuss the guilt, innocence, etc., of the crew of the helicopter; but what is clear is that they never should have been put in that position in the first place.

George W. Bush and the members of his administration who conjured this farce should be charged immediately with war crimes.

lester1/2jr
04-06-2010, 03:44 PM
gawker, whose slight political coverage is the most liberal i can think of, said more or less the same thing. as did their commenters.

http://gawker.com/5510094/wikileaks-video-demonstrates-conclusively-that-innocent-people-get-killed-in-wars

CharlesTX
04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I guess using neocon logic, if you bludgeoned...say Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz head with a rusty metal 2" pipe and drive a wooden stake in their heart and throw Holy Water on them, because they happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and call it an "act of war", it would no longer be considered murder.