PDA

View Full Version : Killed by cops for waving a broomstick

Anti Federalist
04-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Upon first hearing about this case, the cops were being ambiguous about what type of "weapon" was being brandished against them.

I quipped that it was probably a ball bat. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2622705&postcount=3)

Sadly, it seems I was right.

We're From the Government; We're Here to "Help" You to Death

They kill not because they want to
Because they think it's right to In some cases
Have mercy on them and someday they may
Have mercy on you
The Mercy Killers
Have mercy on you
The Mercy Killers....

-- Theme to the imaginary TV show "The Mercy Killers," as presented in a 1978 Saturday Night Live sketch.

Links and more at http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/

Susan L. Stuckey was suicidal when the police arrived at her apartment in Prairie Village, Kansas on March 31. When the police arrived to conduct what they dishonestly called a "welfare check," Stuckey refused their offer to "help."

Police had paid several previous visits to Stuckey, who reportedly suffered from severe emotional problems. On this particular occasion, when they materialized shortly after daybreak, they were acting on ulterior motives. "Our intent was to take her to K.U. Med for a mental evaluation," admitted Police Captain Tim Schwartzkopf following the confrontation.

Any day that begins with the arrival of armed strangers on one's doorstep is going to end badly. Despite her afflictions, Stuckey was lucid enough to understand that principle, and she did the entirely rational thing: She bluntly invited the police to direct their unwanted attention elsewhere. Since she wasn't suspected of a crime, that should have ended the matter.

But the police weren't investigating a crime. They were carrying out a much more dangerous function: They were there to "help" Stuckey, whether or not this would be appropriate, and her desires were irrelevant to the matter.

So when Stuckey rebuffed their offer, the police decided to "help" her a little bit harder by calling in a posse of uniformed knuckle-draggers called the Tactical Squad. Oddly enough, the arrival of yet another contingent of armed strangers -- this one decked out in military garb and carrying high-caliber firearms -- did nothing to ease Stuckey's troubled mind. She had already refused to grant police access to her apartment, and the arrival of the local goon squad prompted her to throw up additional barricades.

For more than two hours, the police tried to browbeat Stuckey into surrendering to them. According to neighbors who witnessed the event, the troubled 47-year-old woman -- whose mental distress was genuine -- was made frantic by this persistent, unwelcome attention.

Sometime around 9:45 a.m., Stuckey was heard to exclaim to the police, "Somebody please kill me."

So they did.

After the fact, the police insisted that the woman -- who was surrounded, recall, by more than a dozen armed males, most of them wearing body armor and packing military-issue weaponry -- "threatened" them with a weapon of some kind.

Neighbor Gary Carson recalls seeing Stuckey armed with a broomstick and a baseball bat. After killing Stuckey, the police insisted that the fearsome implement of death wielded by Stuckey was something other than a Louisville Slugger. Thus it is quite possible that when Stuckey was shot three times by a heroic 15-year veteran police officer, she was armed with nothing more lethal than a thin wooden dowel.

Yet it was for this reason, insisted a local "reporter" embedded with the paramilitary team that attacked Stuckey's home, that the police "were forced to shoot her."

The same repulsive sentiment was uttered by Stuckey's neighbor Marianne McGuff, whose canine eagerness to display the "correct" attitude suggests that she was a star pupil in one of the Regime's obedience training schools.

"It did break my heart that they had to shoot her," pronounced McGuff. "They must have had a real good reason to shoot her because that's not normal."

John Taylor
04-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Upon first hearing about this case, the cops were being ambiguous about what type of "weapon" was being brandished against them.

I quipped that it was probably a ball bat.

Sadly, it seems I was right.

We're From the Government; We're Here to "Help" You to Death

They kill not because they want to
Because they think it's right to In some cases
Have mercy on them and someday they may
Have mercy on you
The Mercy Killers
Have mercy on you
The Mercy Killers....

-- Theme to the imaginary TV show "The Mercy Killers," as presented in a 1978 Saturday Night Live sketch.

Links and more at http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/

Susan L. Stuckey was suicidal when the police arrived at her apartment in Prairie Village, Kansas on March 31. When the police arrived to conduct what they dishonestly called a "welfare check," Stuckey refused their offer to "help."

Police had paid several previous visits to Stuckey, who reportedly suffered from severe emotional problems. On this particular occasion, when they materialized shortly after daybreak, they were acting on ulterior motives. "Our intent was to take her to K.U. Med for a mental evaluation," admitted Police Captain Tim Schwartzkopf following the confrontation.

Any day that begins with the arrival of armed strangers on one's doorstep is going to end badly. Despite her afflictions, Stuckey was lucid enough to understand that principle, and she did the entirely rational thing: She bluntly invited the police to direct their unwanted attention elsewhere. Since she wasn't suspected of a crime, that should have ended the matter.

But the police weren't investigating a crime. They were carrying out a much more dangerous function: They were there to "help" Stuckey, whether or not this would be appropriate, and her desires were irrelevant to the matter.

So when Stuckey rebuffed their offer, the police decided to "help" her a little bit harder by calling in a posse of uniformed knuckle-draggers called the Tactical Squad. Oddly enough, the arrival of yet another contingent of armed strangers -- this one decked out in military garb and carrying high-caliber firearms -- did nothing to ease Stuckey's troubled mind. She had already refused to grant police access to her apartment, and the arrival of the local goon squad prompted her to throw up additional barricades.

For more than two hours, the police tried to browbeat Stuckey into surrendering to them. According to neighbors who witnessed the event, the troubled 47-year-old woman -- whose mental distress was genuine -- was made frantic by this persistent, unwelcome attention.

Sometime around 9:45 a.m., Stuckey was heard to exclaim to the police, "Somebody please kill me."

So they did.

After the fact, the police insisted that the woman -- who was surrounded, recall, by more than a dozen armed males, most of them wearing body armor and packing military-issue weaponry -- "threatened" them with a weapon of some kind.

Neighbor Gary Carson recalls seeing Stuckey armed with a broomstick and a baseball bat. After killing Stuckey, the police insisted that the fearsome implement of death wielded by Stuckey was something other than a Louisville Slugger. Thus it is quite possible that when Stuckey was shot three times by a heroic 15-year veteran police officer, she was armed with nothing more lethal than a thin wooden dowel.

Yet it was for this reason, insisted a local "reporter" embedded with the paramilitary team that attacked Stuckey's home, that the police "were forced to shoot her."

The same repulsive sentiment was uttered by Stuckey's neighbor Marianne McGuff, whose canine eagerness to display the "correct" attitude suggests that she was a star pupil in one of the Regime's obedience training schools.

"It did break my heart that they had to shoot her," pronounced McGuff. "They must have had a real good reason to shoot her because that's not normal."

Bastards. If she was a threat, why didn't they use their "non-lethal" devices???

Anti Federalist
04-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Bastards. If she was a threat, why didn't they use their "non-lethal" devices???

Because the force escalation had already progressed past that point:

They called in the paramilitary units.

Once that happens, violent death or forceful, painful arrest are the only outcomes left.

I don't even think that SWAT raiders are even outfitted with "less lethal" weapons.

John Taylor
04-06-2010, 02:07 PM

Once that happens, violent death or forceful, painful arrest are the only outcomes left.

I don't even think that SWAT raiders are even outfitted with "less lethal" weapons.

Something tells me that this is going to result in a lawsuit and an undisclosed settlement to the woman's family.

pcosmar
04-06-2010, 02:07 PM

At least they didn't use a gunship, and take out the building. Yet.

John Taylor
04-06-2010, 02:08 PM
At least they didn't use a gunship, and take out the building. Yet.

Lucky it wasn't a single family home, we'd probably be watching clips of an Abrams flattening her garden gnomes.

Philhelm
04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
The one time it would be appropriate to taze someone, and the pigs drop the ball. Go figure. Fucking scum!

Anti Federalist
04-06-2010, 02:20 PM
The one time it would be appropriate to taze someone, and the pigs drop the ball. Go figure. Fucking scum!

Even that wouldn't be justified.

This woman never committed any crime whatsoever.

She was not wanted for anything, had done nothing wrong, other than refuse "help".

Said help being carted off to a mental institution against her will.:mad:

fisharmor
04-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Something tells me that this is going to result in a lawsuit and an undisclosed settlement to the woman's family.

PFffff!!!
Then that something is lying to you.
Nope, a couple weeks paid vacation to the shooters, about two months of "investigation", and, once the proper exonerating documents are in order, back on duty to do it all over again next time.

I mean, if the well established pattern holds true.

What would lead you to believe that the people who sent the shooters to do the killing are going to be in the slightest bit interested in the woman's family?

M House
04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
It could've been a RPG.

Kylie
04-06-2010, 03:26 PM
PFffff!!!
Nope, a couple weeks paid vacation to the shooters, about two months of "investigation", and, once the proper exonerating documents are in order, back on duty to do it all over again next time.

What would lead you to believe that the people who sent the shooters to do the killing are going to be in the slightest bit interested in the woman's family?

Or better yet, what if she had no family to miss her?

Who would fight for her then?

John Taylor
04-06-2010, 03:33 PM
PFffff!!!

Oh, I have no doubt that you're right about what will happen to the police officers who gunned down this woman (unstable though she may well have been), I was just saying that the taxpayers will get stuck with paying the civil suit damages and/or settlement paid to them by the local government using taxpayer monies.

John Taylor
04-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Or better yet, what if she had no family to miss her?

Who would fight for her then?

The news article linked to this says an attorney has already been retained.

Anti Federalist
04-06-2010, 03:53 PM

It could cut both ways.

Some publicity and a lawyer might smell a quick score.

If it fades off into nothing then FishArmor's scenario becomes more plausible.

Either way it's a disgrace.

Kylie
04-06-2010, 04:15 PM

I saw. I was throwing out a "what if". How many of these pass every week and no one knows because they had no family to miss them, or file suit? It could be staggering the amount of shots fired on citizens that aren't even noticed.

Anti Federalist
04-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I saw. I was throwing out a "what if". How many of these pass every week and no one knows because they had no family to miss them, or file suit? It could be staggering the amount of shots fired on citizens that aren't even noticed.

I try as hard as I can to pass along when that happens.

It's increasing at an alarming pace, that is for certain.

catdd
04-06-2010, 04:57 PM

That's a good little sheep.

Kylie
04-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I try as hard as I can to pass along when that happens.

It's increasing at an alarming pace, that is for certain.

I know, and I appreciate it very much.

I pass them along to people who end up very angry at the few cops we have on another board. Of course, those are the good cops. Just ask em, they'll tell you. I've told them that if there were good cops, there would be no bad cops.

Kind of like they try to paint the muslims and just us regular people. With a nice wide brush stroke. :D

Anti Federalist
04-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I've told them that if there were good cops, there would be no bad cops.

Sadly true :mad:

Mike4Freedom
04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Sadly, I believe what is going on in New Jersey may happen in other states soon enough.

Being able to check on someone using a key to thier own home? You know how ridiculous that is?

When you break in someones place of residence without permision and kill them that is called murder.

In most cases it gets a life sentence.

The men that did this are nothing but thugs that murdered a harmless woman.

A part of me hopes there is a Hell so these men can rot there when thier time comes.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2010, 11:14 AM
//

Krugerrand
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Don't forget the extra paid-vacation. (aka paid administrative leave.)