PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to raise money to give! Help!

scubasteve01
10-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Spread this around please, My projector lamp burned out so rather than have it sit in my closet I'm selling it and giving all the proceeds to Ron Paul!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160167143410

scubasteve01
10-10-2007, 07:19 AM
bump

BIG_J
10-10-2007, 08:15 AM
How much do lamps cost?

TechnoGuyRob
10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Bumpity.

scubasteve01
10-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Bout $280

BLS
10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I love your ad! Ron Pauling the ebayers!! Too funny!!

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 10:28 AM
It may be the lawyer in my head that always wants to question legalities, but it seems like there would be a law against advertising the sale of an item with the advertised intent of donating the proceeds to a political campaign. A PAC could use this technique to generate big bucks in donations from "foreign nationals" could they not? I am willing to bet that advertising the sale of an item with the advertised intent of donating to a political campaign is against some FEC campaign finance law.

scubasteve01
10-10-2007, 10:33 AM
How do you suggest I reword it? Could I say... I'll take this money and add it to my current savings so I can donate MORE money to the campaign?

Ninja Homer
10-10-2007, 10:33 AM
It may be the lawyer in my head that always wants to question legalities, but it seems like there would be a law against advertising the sale of an item with the advertised intent of donating the proceeds to a political campaign. A PAC could use this technique to generate big bucks in donations from "foreign nationals" could they not? I am willing to bet that advertising the sale of an item with the advertised intent of donating to a political campaign is against some FEC campaign finance law.

You may be right on that. I think it would be fine with just changing the wording slightly... "I'm using the proceeds to support the campaign" or "I'm using the proceeds to purchase Ron Paul signs." Anything but, "I'm giving all my proceeds to the RON PAUL CAMPAIGN!"

ronpaulhawaii
10-10-2007, 10:34 AM

Please everyone, be careful in your wording of RQs for financial help. We have to work in the system if we want to change it.

Thanks

OptionsTrader
10-10-2007, 10:35 AM
How do you suggest I reword it? Could I say... I'll take this money and add it to my current savings so I can donate MORE money to the campaign?

I do not think you should mention the campaign or Ron Paul at all. Let the item sell on its own merits, not on the idea that the higher the bid the more goes to the campaign.

ronpaulhawaii
10-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I think RP can be mentioned in the ad. Just don't say any thing about using the money for donating to the campaign.